Vince Wilfork thinks he can play at least a couple more years

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nks-he-can-play-at-least-a-couple-more-years/

Texans defensive tackle Vince Wilfork will turn 35 this season, and for a man his size (listed at 325 pounds, probably heavier) the pounding of all those years in the NFL has to take its toll.

Wilfork, however, says he doesn’t see any reason he should retire this year or next year.

I feel good,” Wilfork told the Houston Chronicle. “I said until I feel like I can’t perform at a certain level or my body can’t take it, or I’m mentally not there anymore, it’ll be time for me to hang it up. But I think I have a couple more good years in me. I think, mentally, it’ll go before my body will. It’s just the amount of stress over the years you’ve been in the game. To play this game, you have to be mentally there. If you’re not mentally there, I don’t care who you are. You won’t make it.”

When the Patriots cut Wilfork last year, it suggested that the end might be near. But Wilfork started all 16 games for the Texans last season and is slated to start again this year. He doesn’t look like he’s near the end.

All I know is when I look at him as a Texan, I think , damn, BB would NEVER let him weigh that much.

Vince is no longer a viable player anymore. The more I think about 2014 and Carroll's decision not to run Lynch right at Wilfork to win the chip, the more I think I really should get a statue of Petey with a plaque that says "dumbest HC ever."

VW can't move like he could just 3-4 yrs ago. His last year as a Patriot was painful to watch. Last year as a Texan was even more painful.

I was actually thinking VW might hang em up or get cut this summer (but I don't know his cap implications).

Don't do it vince. You are great, but you're no Willie Mays. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

What has been seen can never be unseen.....

CmNBFWVWMAE-VgX.jpg

Back