We are the all time bores of the NFL

Reaction score
So far, this here article is the best to date. Apparently a Patriot vs.Bears/Saints SB would destroy the US of A as we know it.

Here's a little tidbit:

On the surface, it may not seem that important. But it is. If the New England Patriots defeat the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC championship game on Sunday, it will unleash a wave of boredom and annoyance that could reach biblical proportions. Men and women alike will gaze at their TV screens and groan, “Not again!” Youngsters will liken it to getting liverwurst sandwiches every day for lunch. Scholars will observe that Bill Belichick maintained an iron grip on power, the longevity of which is rivaled only by that of Fidel Castro.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16660979/

And you guys all mocked poor Phinny22.

Let us forever be known as the team that brought down the NFL! :thumb:

:NEM:

Deal with it America. Really, when does it end. TFB!

050206_belichick_vmed.widec.jpg

Keep articles like this coming, I love it!! :thumb:

krunchyGranola on 01-17-2007 at 06:30 PM said:
So far, this here article is the best to date. Apparently a Patriot vs.Bears/Saints SB would destroy the US of A as we know it.

Here's a little tidbit:

On the surface, it may not seem that important. But it is. If the New England Patriots defeat the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC championship game on Sunday, it will unleash a wave of boredom and annoyance that could reach biblical proportions. Men and women alike will gaze at their TV screens and groan, “Not again!” Youngsters will liken it to getting liverwurst sandwiches every day for lunch. Scholars will observe that Bill Belichick maintained an iron grip on power, the longevity of which is rivaled only by that of Fidel Castro.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16660979/

And you guys all mocked poor Phinny22.

Mmmmmmm...Liverwurst

Because we all know how the past three SBs the Pats have been in have been absolute bores, while the two SBs they failed to make it to are heralded as a couple of the best SBs ever

The other face of the Patriots is Tom Brady, who is, by almost all accounts, a good guy. But he’s everywhere — on every “SportsCenter” broadcast, on every sports magazine cover, in every talk show discussion. There isn’t anything left to say about him. He’s the NFL version of Bruce Willis, an action movie star who does the same thing over and over again and always prevails. If you look closely during an interview, you can even see the same male pattern baldness. When you know how a movie is going to turn out, there’s no point in watching.

Wow.. Just wow.

This guy is an idiot.

First of all, Manning is the quarterback you see every commercial break. I haven't seen Brady on one commercial this entire year.

Second of all, the reason Manning's not on ESPN news is because he chokes every single year.

Third, you can't "ask" the NFL to have the Patriots lose. This is probably the type of guy that thinks the NFL is scripted.

In summation. Here's a tissue. I hope the Pats win 10 more superbowls.

Well the poll said:

What do you think of the Patriots? * 6829 responses

16% I hate them

17% They're good, but am kinda sick of seeing them win

63% Great team and amazing to watch

3.7% Who cares?

So I guess the public does not agree.

The guy must be a Peyton fan and he's sick and tired of the Patriots.

HomelessJoe on 01-17-2007 at 06:49 PM said:
Because we all know how the past three SBs the Pats have been in have been absolute bores, while the two SBs they failed to make it to are heralded as a couple of the best SBs ever

That's a really good point.

SB XXXVI and XXXVIII were 2 of the best SBs ever.

SB XX and XXXVI, not so much!

I think it is funny. It is good to be on top so as to be mocked by the jealous masses.......

I'm a Colts Fan, but yeah, you guys got pretty boring after you beat the Panthers.

It's like watching Star Wars and wondering what's gonna happen with the Death Star at the end. Eventually, there's just no more drama.

maybe the person who wrote that is jealous of the Patriots or maybe it's Peyton Manning who wrote that.

vinceyoungfan on 01-17-2007 at 07:44 PM said:
maybe the person who wrote that is jealous of the Patriots or maybe it's Peyton Manning who wrote that.

Jealous of the Patriots? That's crazy!

Why would ANYONE be jealous of an all-time dynasty with a lengendary, Clutch QB, a stone-cold genious coach and Three Lombardi Trophies?

I've been a Colts fan since they moved to Indy. I can assure you....yep...I'm jealous.

Definitely envy in my case. But you cannot rule out boredom on the part of fans from other teams that are sick of the Patriots at this point and would like to see some fresh blood in there.

Can any of you Patriot fans say you weren't sick of the Cowpies during THEIR era???

LMAO at myself. People had the same feeling about the BILLS going to four in a row... and losing. Now THAT is boring and beyond pathetic!!!

Yeah, we have a boring team here...

Our boys don't get arrested, don't do all that much talking off of the field, most of the time they just grind it out and play sound football.
We don't have all the showboats, we have a group of guys who follow the team concept, not the "Me" concept, and those who do follow the "Me" concept, generally don't stay.
We have a team who goes out week in and week out and try to play their game, they let the play on the field do most of the talking. And its earned us three big, shiney trophies...
Yeah, I'll take my "boring" Patriots anyday.

Well, we know why this is a writer and not a TV analyst... because it's too hard to talk on camera.

The Pats always have very exciting superbowl games, it is part of the script.

I've heard it said before that a sport is more interesting when there's a dynasty for teams to knock off. The Pats have become a target for opposing teams and fans. It's no different than baseball fans hating the MFY's, or NBA fans hating the 80's Celts/Lakers or 90's Bulls.

clownsaw on 01-17-2007 at 07:42 PM said:
I'm a Colts Fan, but yeah, you guys got pretty boring after you beat the Panthers.

It's like watching Star Wars and wondering what's gonna happen with the Death Star at the end. Eventually, there's just no more drama.
The Death Star being...??? The RCA Dome perhaps?

Sounds right to me.

Use the Force, Tom!

--James

The guy is a turd. With the Patriots you see how the game is supposed to be played.

The 3GTG DVDs should be on any head coach library and should be shown to every high school/college/some NFL football teams on how to work as a team and how to win.

I hope this year we get the most "boring" superbowl evah!!!

Back