we knew it would come to this

I want Rex as the HC of the NYJs for as long as possible. He's fun, he's an appropriate foil, the perfect mirror image of Belichick, he really is skilled, and he's a walking comedy. Just awesome. As long as he's not coaching my team, because then while I'd still think he's fun, I couldn't stomach it.

I would have welcomed him with open arms following Pete Carrol, though, if you get my drift. But once you've had a HC with a legitimate GOAT argument...it's hard to settle for anything else.

I want Rex as the HC of the NYJs for as long as possible. He's fun, he's an appropriate foil, the perfect mirror image of Belichick, he really is skilled, and he's a walking comedy. Just awesome. As long as he's not coaching my team, because then while I'd still think he's fun, I couldn't stomach it.

I would have welcomed him with open arms following Pete Carrol, though, if you get my drift. But once you've had a HC with a legitimate GOAT argument...it's hard to settle for anything else.

I agree with you. I love Rex Ryan. He a bombastic blowhard who happens to be a very good coach. It's more fun and more of a challenge to dash the Jesters' hopes when everything thinks they really have a chance.

Like you say, he's the anti-Patriot - loud, brash, full of bragadaccio, coaching a team of egos and high draft picks. What could be better than to burst his balloon?

I'm guessing it's start with Fatassaurus Rex, and work it's way down from there. :coffee:

It was his smart alecky sarcasm, I guess. You had to hear it.

Oh I don't doubt you for a moment. I heard him on EEI earlier, but it was different quotes than what you posted. He sounded sarcastic for sure.
Get ready for 10 days of ESPN ballwashing that fat POS and hanging on his every word.

I'm telling ya, that guy is a c*ckwallet.

He's such a fat tool. Professional he is not.

However, rumor has it that if the Lions offer him 3 Big Macs, a leftover Turkey Leg, a bag of Skittles, 4 packs of Easter Peeps, and a Diet Coke... he'd consider it. :coffee:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Just don't ask Cromartie which ones, cuz he's not good with names. :coffee:

Win in February while he's eating popcorn.

ROFL

He's been dieting, allegedly. What I think will happen is, after the game he'll be so distraught he'll accidentally eat Sanchez after mistaking him for comfort food. :coffee:

Wow! What great "Football" minds. Are any of these posts even remotely football related? We have a game coming up between the 2 best teams in the AFC and all you guys can talk about is this? Pretty weak.

Wow! What great "Football" minds. Are any of these posts even remotely football related? We have a game coming up between the 2 best teams in the AFC and all you guys can talk about is this? Pretty weak.

ROFL

That's all your coach, Rex, is talking about, dude. His mouth is a gold mine.

As for the game, it can't get here fast enough. The Patsies offense has been moving the ball at will and I look forward to seeing if our D can put an end to that. The Jets on the other hand, just refuse to give up and do whatever it takes to win, but for that to happen, we need to keep the game close. I don't see either team winning in a blowout. I think it will be a very tough game that goes down to the wire.

ROFL

That's all your coach, Rex, is talking about, dude. His mouth is a gold mine.

It's so nice to see so many original thoughts here like, "Rex is fat". I don't think I've ever heard that before.

It's so nice to see so many original thoughts here like, "Rex is fat". I don't think I've ever heard that before.

You mean like "chea triots" and "Beli cheat"? Go check the jets forums. :coffee:

Perhaps you should browse some other threads.

And oh by the way, this pales in comparison to what passes for football talk on the Jets boards. Let me know if you want some examples.
You got a lot of adolescent filthy mouths over there.

As for the game, it can't get here fast enough. The Patsies offense has been moving the ball at will and I look forward to seeing if our D can put an end to that. The Jets on the other hand, just refuse to give up and do whatever it takes to win, but for that to happen, we need to keep the game close. I don't see either team winning in a blowout. I think it will be a very tough game that goes down to the wire.

I think there's going to be an epic smackdown and the Jets are going to be on the wrong side of it. The Pats won't self destruct in the last few minutes of games as did some recent Jets opponents.

Perhaps you should browse some other threads.

And oh by the way, this pales in comparison to what passes for football talk on the Jets boards. Let me know if you want some examples.
You got a lot of adolescent filthy mouths over there.

I only belong to the forum at the official Jet's website, it's much more controlled. I belong to only that one for the specific reason of not wanting to hear people calling each other jack*** or moron all day.

My only point is that I'm not seeing much actual game/football talk, just personal insults. I had expected better.

I think there's going to be an epic smackdown and the Jets are going to be on the wrong side of it. The Pats won't self destruct in the last few minutes of games as did some recent Jets opponents.

I think you're wrong. I don't think it's going to be a smackdown at all. I believe we have a very good chance of winning this thing. brady is without a doubt, the better QB but that's where it ends. We have the better RBs, WRs, OL, & defense.

I think you're wrong. I don't think it's going to be a smackdown at all. I believe we have a very good chance of winning this thing. brady is without a doubt, the better QB but that's where it ends. We have the better RBs, WRs, OL, & defense.

I'm happy for you. See you next Tuesday. :coffee:

You must be a politician or media member. You carefully select a few points to "prove" your point. You come to our house, call the team the Patsies, and expect us to all of a sudden want to talk about the JEST with you? Look around this forum. There are plenty of excellent football discussions. There will likely be a pregame thread at some point. Wait for it. Just because you register and immediately start bitching, doesn't mean that we'll each list our thoughts on the game just for you. Oh, and Brontosauraus Rex jokes are funny in every language.

I think it will be a great game. And I like Rex Ryan - he's original, he's got the Jets believing in themselves, and he's a very good coach no matter what his style. His style grates on me, but I'm sure part of that is calculated. He's very clever - Mangini just tried to copy BB; Ryan knows he can't win that game, so he's gone in the opposite direction and cast himself as the anti-BB.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. The biggest question will be whether the Jets can stop the Pats offense. Brady has been operating on a 2007 level the past 3 games. The Steelers couldn't slow him down. Indy and Detroit aren't particularly imposing defenses, but Pittsburgh is. The Pats' OL gave him very good protection most of the time (except for the 1st half of the Detroit game). If the Jets can't get Brady out of his comfort zone - and they don't have as much talent to do so as Pittsburgh, so they'll have to rely on stunts and ruses - then he'll pick them apart. Cleveland managed to confuse Brady with the amoeba, and I'm sure Rex will pick up on what his brother did. But Brady seems to be operating on a very high level right now.

I don't think the Jets have enough offense to stay with Brady if he continues to perform on the level of the past 3 weeks. I don't think anyone outside of Indy and NO do, and possibly GB do. The Pats play the Jets, Chicago and Green Bay in the next 3 weeks - 3 of the top 5 defenses in the NFL. If Brady can keep up his level of play against those defenses then the Pats can win it all. If not, then I don't think we have enough defense to go all the way.

Our defense has been improving considerably despite giving up a bunch of points and yards. Sanchez has played very well this year, but I expect BB to throw a lot of different looks at him and try and confuse him into mistakes.

If Sanchez plays mistake free and the Jets defense confuse Brady and get him out of his zone then the Jets probably win. Otherwise, I think the Pats win.

You must be a politician or media member. You carefully select a few points to "prove" your point. You come to our house, call the team the Patsies, and expect us to all of a sudden want to talk about the JEST with you? Look around this forum. There are plenty of excellent football discussions. There will likely be a pregame thread at some point. Wait for it. Just because you register and immediately start bitching, doesn't mean that we'll each list our thoughts on the game just for you. Oh, and Brontosauraus Rex jokes are funny in every language.

I hope this isn't all the Jets traffic we get all week. That's some weak sauce for sure.

We have the better RBs, WRs, OL, & defense.

Imagine how good your RBs would be if you had Danny Woodhead? What do you base having the best WRs on, height? The Patriots top WR, Welker is tied for 4th. The JEST top WR is Edwards at 39th. Pats #2 is Branch, tied for 42nd. Granted, he didn't join the team until well into the season, but the SB MVP chemistry with Brady is in full swing. JEST #2? [crickets] is not listed in the top 50. I'll concede the defense, but they are a better unit than the unit that took the field in week 2.

Maybe I'm dumb, and yes RR is full of himself...but I really do think RR thinks a lot of BB and there's genuine respect there.
I do believe they hugged after the Pats loss to them earlier in the year. I don't mean a FULL ON hug..more like a 1-armer but y'know..more affection that BB usually exhibits. RR is bound to appreciate that BB gave his bro a job too.

RR did say after the Bengals game that ''we know we're gonna be outcoached next week, but we'll over come that'' now why he would say something stoopid like that to the press is beyond me. but it was definitely a compliment.

Back