We need MOAR Anderson!!

Skellington

Reaction score
I loved throughout the year when I've seen Carter and Anderson on the field. A lot of the time at least one of them would get to the QB.

I loved seeing Anderson getting there multiple times yesterday and hope that he gets a chance for more playing time although I wish it didn't come at the expense of Carter. His speed is great for getting after the QB.

I really wish they would be able to play both Anderson and Carter at the ends but unfortunately that won't be the case this year.

Either way...moar Anderson would be awesome!

I'd rather he stay just the way he is. He is a playmaker when managed, but failed in Chicago when his role expanded.

Well, at this point he IS our pass rush, so I'm guessing we will see more of him. He will probably get alot of attention from other teams when he's on the field, though.

Anyone else also been pleasantly surprised by Nink this year? I don't know how many sacks he has this year but he seems to be getting to the passer and doesn't look like it takes 3 seconds for him to even make contact with the OL

Anyone else also been pleasantly surprised by Nink this year? I don't know how many sacks he has this year but he seems to be getting to the passer and doesn't look like it takes 3 seconds for him to even make contact with the OL

This type of year is pretty much exactly what I was expecting from Nink. And I think he'll be even better in 2012.

Yes, this is a gratuitous self-pat on the back, but I don't get very many of those so indulge me, please. :jerkit:

Anderson led the way and is probably playing as well as he ever has, but I thought the pressure from the entire DL was the best so far this season in that it was pretty controlled. Tebow escaped less as the game progressed and he is good at it. Strong as an ox and quick. It was a team effort and a good scheme.

We got pressure up the middle, from the ends and blitzed effectively.

I don't know how many sacks we ended up with, but the overall pressure was a welcome sight. Guys were being cognizant of where the holes were and moving to cover them even while giving chase.

I agree with everything you wrote, Hawg.

I don't know how many sacks we ended up with, but the overall pressure was a welcome sight.

2 by Anderson, one by Ninkovich and one shared by Love and Warren.

I'd be a lot more pleased if he could get the QB down more often.

For the record, 5.5 sacks and several hits/near misses. He's also been seen relentlessly chasing various QBs around deep in the backfield until they were forced to throw the ball away.

I agree with Os. I could see this coming toward the end of last season, (his first full-time at OLB, when he pretty much matched all of Vrabel's numbers from HIS first season full-time at OLB under BB (and Ninko, with two games to go in 2011, has already matched or surpassed most of Vrabel's numbers from HIS second season). He's also biting on play-action far less this season than last, which I think is helping his first step when rushing (less hesitation).

What's surprising to me is how often Ninko gets held (mostly without it being flagged). Opposing OL apparently see him as more of a threat than we do. He's not a naturally-gifted pass-rusher, by any means, and does his most of his damage when coverage is good and/or an OL makes a mistake (Ninko doesn't seem to possess the speed or moves to force an OL error like Carter could). But, he's certainly doing everything he can to get enough pressure to support the rush from the other side and the interior.

This type of year is pretty much exactly what I was expecting from Nink. And I think he'll be even better in 2012.

Yes, this is a gratuitous self-pat on the back, but I don't get very many of those so indulge me, please. :jerkit:

*pats on back*

Well, at this point he IS our pass rush, so I'm guessing we will see more of him. He will probably get alot of attention from other teams when he's on the field, though.

OTOH, Deaderick appears to be starting to make his presence known in the backfield. Ninko has been relentless. Eric Moore will probably start seeing some snaps now and he was pretty decent at the end of last season. Also, who knows, Markell Carter could turn out to be a beast.

MIA could be a good team to let these guys cut loose against, as long as the coverage is at least as good as it was (later) vs. Tebow and as long as Fletcher can be a little better at maintaining his gap responsibilities (or getting Spikes back).

Anderson is an alright pass rusher, TERRIBLE against the run.

When he mans up and stops getting dominated when they run it their way I'd love to see him get more snaps.

Back