Week 1, 2020 Other Games

That's bad, Arians is now changing his tune and blaming Evans,

#Bucs coach Bruce Arians said after further review, the first INT was on Mike Evans. It wasn't Cover 2 and he should've bent it inside.

Arians should just shut the fuck up and do like BB in a post game presser: "I don't know. I'll have to look at the tape," and then if someone asks him the next day, it's, "That was last week. We've moved on to..."

Besides, Arians is still wrong. If Evans bent inside the ball would have been 10 feet over his head.

Arians should just shut the fuck up and do like BB in a post game presser: "I don't know. I'll have to look at the tape," and then if someone asks him the next day, it's, "That was last week. We've moved on to..."

Besides, Arians is still wrong. If Evans bent inside the ball would have been 10 feet over his head.

Evans half-assed his route. It was called out immediately by Aikman on the broadcast.

"It's Mike Evans and I don't think he was expecting the ball. He comes off and then he throttles it down and Brady's expecting him to continue on that skinny post. In a timed throw like this, yeah that's uh, I don't put that on the quarterback. I'm not sure exactly why Mike Evans let up, but as a receiver you can't decide for your quarterback if he's going to throw to you or not" - Aikman.

Obvious thing is obvious.

Just want to say hi, any chance you want to venture over to the other side of PP?

I would love to get your newest thoughts on WTF is going on.

Go Steelers.
Hi!
I can't go over there any more- it's a depressing waste of time and effort.

By the way, I live in Pittsburgh and love it. Pens & Steelers still suck, but I like this town a lot. 👍

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Evans half-assed his route. It was called out immediately by Aikman on the broadcast.

"It's Mike Evans and I don't think he was expecting the ball. He comes off and then he throttles it down and Brady's expecting him to continue on that skinny post. In a timed throw like this, yeah that's uh, I don't put that on the quarterback. I'm not sure exactly why Mike Evans let up, but as a receiver you can't decide for your quarterback if he's going to throw to you or not" - Aikman.

Obvious thing is obvious.

Obvious

Hi!

By the way, I live in Pittsburgh and love it. Pens & Steelers still suck, but I like this town a lot. 👍

I knew you lived there.
Was hard when my dad got transferred from there in the late 60's.
I think I would have turned out a lot differently had I lived there longer.
Been back several times since and it has always felt like home.
There is something about the people aan the air there that I miss.

And now it has turned into a beautiful city.
Glad you like it.

But Go Steelers.

Arians sounds like a dbag. He did get propped up by the interm coaching that he did in Indy. But, he is proving himself to be a fraud of sorts.

Not sure the point of this. I'm A Cam fan and said we couldn't have beat Miami with Brady at QB instead of Cam.

The group we have on offense requires a QB who is a huge threat to run. Edelman is the only proven threat in the pass game, not including the RBs. The other WRs and TEs need Cam's running threat to help them get open with things like RPOs and presnap motion/window dressing. They aren't good enough to consistently win for a pure pocket passer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Arians still yapping.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rady-didnt-play-better-expects-a-bounce-back/

Excerpt:

Bruce Arians surprised Tom Brady didn’t play better, expects a bounce-back

Bruce Arians showed Sunday night he isn’t afraid to criticize Tom Brady publicly. The Buccaneers coach did it again Monday.

“He looked like Tom Brady in practice all the time, so it’s kind of unusual to see that in a ball game because they didn’t do things that we didn’t get ready for. Everything they did, we thought we were ready for,” Arians said, via Jenna Laine of ESPN. “Some wide receivers have to do a better job of winning one-on-one when he decides to go their way. He put us in the right run checks a couple times. It was a learning experience that way.

“You can’t say that we weren’t in sync because we started out as good as you can start out, going right down the field. Then we don’t get any more chunk plays other than pass interference penalties. I think it’s a great learning experience. It’s just round one of a 16-round fight. And we’ll learn from it.”

Therein lies the problem. Arians signs a guy whose best game is moving the chains by getting the ball our quickly with short, accurate passes, and then wants Brady to fit his system of going for the big play.

Belichick scraped the system he used for 20 years and built a new one because his old system didn't fit the strengths of his new QB.

If Arians was Brady's head coach from the beginning, TB might never have been in the situation where he could become TFB.

How lucky are Pats fans to have the perfect storm of Brady and Belichick for two decades!

Arians signs a guy whose best game is moving the chains by getting the ball our quickly with short, accurate passes, and then wants Brady to fit his system of going for the big play.

Belichick scraped the system he used for 20 years and built a new one because his old system didn't fit the strengths of his new QB.

If Arians was Brady's head coach from the beginning, TB might never have been in the situation where he could become TFB.

How lucky are Pats fans to have the perfect storm of Brady and Belichick for two decades!

A "system qb" theory is BS. Every qb has their own system. Every qb has their own strengths and weaknesses. A coach that tries to force a qb to their own system, and the qb fails, isn't a very smart coach. They should be flexible to their current qb.

I'm basically in agreement with you.

A "system qb" theory is BS. Every qb has their own system. Every qb has their own strengths and weaknesses. A coach that tries to force a qb to their own system, and the qb fails, isn't a very smart coach. They should be flexible to their current qb.

I'm basically in agreement with you.

I agree with your agreement. System QB is a strange pejorative because every QB plays in a system. The only question is, is he in a good system for him or not.

When it's about LBs, TEs, etc etc, it's called putting players in a position to succeed and is a good thing. When it's about QBs, though, it becomes an insult, as in "just a system QB." A smart coach uses systems that play to a player's strengths regardless of their position.

Hi!

Outdoor dining looks kinda interesting

Besidescwith TB, BB was also correct with Gostkowski. 2 misses and a blocked fg so far tonight. Never missed 3 in a game until tonight.
Also love Riddick in the booth.

Did anyone else think the Giants QB played pretty well against the BEST DEFENSE in the NFL?
Just wondered.

Did anyone else think Pittsburgh O was flat but promising?
Just wondered.

Ditto the special teams.

All in all good win. JMO

Did anyone else think the Giants QB played pretty well against the BEST DEFENSE in the NFL?
Just wondered.

Just wondered.

Ditto the special teams.

All in all good win. JMO

*crickets.....

Just wondered.

Just wondered.

Ditto the special teams.

All in all good win. JMO

Does Tomlin ever not blitz? Jones had no time to throw and, yeah, I thought he adapted as well as possible to get his throws off quickly. It was a good win but expected...won some money from mikie! so thanks for that.
edit: Ju-Ju was your best offensive player. Kid is flat out nasty. I'd take him.

Besidescwith TB, BB was also correct with Gostkowski. 2 misses and a blocked fg so far tonight. Never missed 3 in a game until tonight.
Also love Riddick in the booth.

Re-taping his foot not once but twice after misses. But then he hit the FG to win it for the Titans as the game ended. Yeah, I agree, BB was correct on both players. Ghost isn't the kicker he once was but replacing him is harder than I imagined it would be.

Arians sounds like a dbag. He did get propped up by the interm coaching that he did in Indy. But, he is proving himself to be a fraud of sorts.

Arians threw the GOAT under the bus after the game then doubled down by doing it again on Monday. He's the definition of a dick boss. Can't imagine TB12 is very happy with those public statements. In 20 years, BB never did that. Jameis Winston is chuckling somewhere, thankful he's out from under Arians' heavy fist.

Another thing I often wonder, is BB a dictator and is that why he likes Trump so much? :coffee:

No. BB is the ultimate communicator. Who said he likes Trump the President anyway?

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

The whole TB12 saga makes me uncomfortable. Part of me wants to be petty and laugh at how bad he looked against the Saints with all those weapons. That pick six was horrid.

But then again, he's still the GOAT, and I wish he had the foresight to call it quits when he "sucks" as he said. Last year you saw the decline as the season went on. I saw no difference from last year's Wildcard game to yesterday's debacle. It's sad, really.

Anyone seen Brady's defenders here since Sunday night?

I’m still here. Just left my phone at my buddies house where I was watching the games.

I’m not worried about Brady this year, he’ll be fine. Actually I thought he salvaged a few plays in that game where the line got blown up. The saints aren’t exactly the Dolphins in terms of talent.
It’s great getting a divisional win, but I didn’t see anything on offense From the Pats that’s making me think this teams gonna get past 8 and 8. I’m not sure if they get in the end zone against Buffalo.

Back