Week 1, Patriots vs Steelers Gamethread

tonyto36

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/roster?team=NE

http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/roster?team=PIT

Things to watch:
1. Our best in between the tackles runner (this game) is going to be Bolden. Their defense is awful so our passing game will have to and should be able to shoulder the load. Blount isn't exactly a monster running back himself, so it'll be interesting to see how our running game does this season when he returns.

2. Our secondary caught huge breaks with the suspensions of Le'Veon Bell and Martaviss Bryant. Still, Brown and Ben are plenty enough as is. Expect safety help on Brown the entire game. Wheaton and Miller aren't going to win the game for the Steelers. How Butler and company handle an elite WR will be likely painful to watch.

3. How Belichick uses our DL will be interesting. In past years when we were young up front he toned it down, but last year we came out with Chandler as a 5tech (and it was a disaster). How he gets Ninkovich, Chandler, and Sheard all on the field at once will be interesting and how Easley is utilized will be things to watch.

Cross out Blount. He's suspended for the first game for liking the wacky weed. :high:

I worry a bit about Brady and his lack of reps in the preseason, as well as how much has been taken out of him from all this offseason crap.

I worry a bit about Brady and his lack of reps in the preseason, as well as how much has been taken out of him from all this offseason crap.

Well, he did pretty well in February after two weeks of that crap. He's been cleared by a Federal judge.

"Release the hounds!!!"

I share your concern. We'll see.

I see we've wasted no time in spitting in karma's face for the season. :coffee:

I would believe that your worry is unnecessary. I do not see much of an issue with Brady not playing much in the preseason games as I know he is getting plenty of those reps at practice.

I think we got the point the first time, and it was a good one. Did ya have to shout it 3 times. :)

Sorry everyone but this damn computer for Patriot planet is not working well at all.ROFL

As much as we all don't like the guy I think it was extremely unfair for him to be suspended four games. IMO for you to be suspended you need to be guilty of something by the court of law.
Posted via Mobile Device

You can't compare the Beyond a Reasonable Doubt burden to"More likely than not you probably might have thought about doing it."

Cheers, BostonTim

As much as we all don't like the guy I think it was extremely unfair for him to be suspended four games. IMO for you to be suspended you need to be guilty of something by the court of law.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't necessarily disagree, but……………he's either incredible stupid, incredible naive, incredibly lucky, or he took Carters advice to heart and had a really good fall guy. I'll take door 4 for the wino:)

~Dee~

I share your concern. We'll see.

Well, he did pretty well in February after two weeks of that crap. He's been cleared by a Federal judge.

"Release the hounds!!!"
Am I in some kind of alternate universe where Jonas Gray is cut and Eric Martin makes the 43, and Patsfan64 is the optimistic one and Chevss454 is overly concerned? :huh:

Back