Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

Belichick did literally nothing special.

For all the rush yards the Pats had, they only put up 14 points.

If Diggs catches that TD pass - which he does 99 times out of 100 - no one is talking about Belichick at all today. Because the Bills would have won.

Quite frankly I think Belichick's gameplan was shit. He ran it almost 50 times, only scored 14 points, and it took the Bills a dropped TD, two dropped first downs, and a fumble where no one touched the RB, for the Pats to win by 4.
If Jackson catches that interception instead of dropping it, it's a pick 6. If Bryant caught the interception instead of deflecting the pass on 4th and 14 he was gone down the side line for a pick 6. IF didn't happen, what happened was the wind blew the ball and moved it.

The Pats advertised what they were doing and the Bills couldn't stop it from happening. The Bills defense is over rated they're a glorified dome team, except dome teams play better in outdoor weather.

1. Belichick did literally nothing special.

2. For all the rush yards the Pats had, they only put up 14 points.

3. If Diggs catches that TD pass - which he does 99 times out of 100 - no one is talking about Belichick at all today. Because the Bills would have won.

4. Quite frankly I think Belichick's gameplan was shit. He ran it almost 50 times, only scored 14 points, and it took the Bills a dropped TD, two dropped first downs, and a fumble where no one touched the RB, for the Pats to win by 4.
1. What Belichick did hasn't been done in the last 4 DECADES. "Literally nothing special", yet no one else is willing or able to do it. You can't honestly believe this, can you?

2. And the Bills only put up 10, and 7 of those were directly caused by a ball grazing Harry's facemask by less than an inch.

3. If we're setting aide one mistake, let's also set aside Harry's mistake, and then hey, suddenly the outcome is still the same. Unless you have a time machine then all the "ifs" in the world don't matter, because they Didn't Happen. Diggs catches that TD 99 times of 100, but it's also not gusting up to 55 mph 99 times of 100. The ball was clearly driven off course, the attempt was made to adjust, it was unsuccessful. The idea as well that Diggs scoring a TD there would have Zero Impact on the way the rest of the game was called or played is absurd. As is presuming that the net result of that impact can be neatly inferred, by the same folks who predicted a Bills win which did not come to pass.

4. McDermott passed 30 times, 15 of those being 0 yard gains. Do you find that game plan to be better? McDermott's got him 8 drives where zero points were scored, a FG, and a TD. Bill's got him 6 (one of which was running the clock down to 0), 2 FGs, and a TD. It took a grazing of a facemask and a phantom RTP penalty for the Bills to get ANY points on board. The TD was dropped because the wind, which Belichick adjusted for better than McDermott did. The fumble and two dropped first downs? Also because of the wind, which Buffalo was trying to ignore instead of playing around. The Pats won by 4, but it's also fair to say they scored 40% more than the opponent, and it was as close to 3-14 as it was to 17-14. If you think McDermott should just do what he did over and over again and hope for a better result, I hope you in turn are prepared for a LOT of disappointments.

At the end of the day, ask yourself - are you really hoping the next time the Patriots and Bills play, this game is put on repeat? That the conditions are equally terrible, and McDermott and Belichick follow the same gameplans, and you have confidence it'll end in a better result for the Bills? Personally I doubt it.

Right... Let's talk about gifts. Like the gift NE got with the officiating crew that's known for keeping the whistles in their pockets, that didn't call Roughing the passer twice on hits to Allen that easily would have been called by any other crew, or Knox getting run to the ground on the end zone pass in the 4th quarter. Or the Allen run they called short of the first down.

Untitled.pngallen.png.f0614c807034ef2a9e2dfc55cd733e81.png

Those are some pretty nice gifts, right there.
Miles Bryant was called for a completely bullshit late hit on this very play. Speaking of nice gift.

HipPussyKat...your overrated team got embarrassed fair and square. Need a tissue, little fella? 🤣
Let's give HipKat credit for showing up here after what had to be a hurtful loss for him.
Even though he's grasping for excuses for his teams loss, I respect his loyalty and being a stand up guy for coming back here right after the loss.

Belichick did literally nothing special.

For all the rush yards the Pats had, they only put up 14 points.

If Diggs catches that TD pass - which he does 99 times out of 100 - no one is talking about Belichick at all today. Because the Bills would have won.

Quite frankly I think Belichick's gameplan was shit. He ran it almost 50 times, only scored 14 points, and it took the Bills a dropped TD, two dropped first downs, and a fumble where no one touched the RB, for the Pats to win by 4.

So I'm assuming you're hoping Pegula doesn't replace McDermott anytime soon since you are in total agreement with McDermott's post game comments?

IMO, McDermott doesn't even realize how badly he was out coached in the game.

IMO, there are plenty of examples to suggest McDermott has already reached his ceiling as a HC. The Peter Principle is playing out in Buffalo.

As an aside, those 14 pts won the game. I thought you were a smarter football guy/poster than this demonstrates.

McDermott made a total jackass and fool of himself on national TV Monday night. It was honestly embarrassing to watch. He looked as though he was going to have an embolism. The contrast between his seemingly constant out-of-control lunacy and Belichick's largely stoic control could not have been more vivid.

McDermott made a total jackass and fool of himself on national TV Monday night. It was honestly embarrassing to watch. He looked as though he was going to have an embolism. The contrast between his seemingly constant out-of-control lunacy and Belichick's largely stoic control could not have been more vivid.

Yes, he surely did.
And he provided plenty of bulletin board for BB's office, too.

Well if I were a head coach and my arch rival came into my house and imposed their will on my team and broke their will and basically said "There is nothing you can do to stop us". I would be pissed off as well. But I definitely would have handled it differently than McDermott did. The Bills whether they want to admit it or not got completely embarrassed Monday night, they know it, they won't admit to it, the world knows it. It demoralized that Bills team even more and it was brilliant by BB. "We don't need a QB to beat you, you're not that good" is the message sent to the Bills and the NFL. The Patriots can beat you in many different ways as we have proven.

I liked McDermott until this past game. He was crying before the opening kickoff. I really don't mind that much the emotional guys. but going bat shit crazy over every little thing and then blaming everyone but yourself takes a lot of the shine off. The only reason I mention this is because I remember how embarrassing it was to hear Pedro say the Yanks were his daddy. It would be easy to accept what McDermott said if he had a little humility and acknowledged his own failures.

I liked McDermott until this past game. He was crying before the opening kickoff. I really don't mind that much the emotional guys. but going bat shit crazy over every little thing and then blaming everyone but yourself takes a lot of the shine off. The only reason I mention this is because I remember how embarrassing it was to hear Pedro say the Yanks were his daddy. It would be easy to accept what McDermott said if he had a little humility and acknowledged his own failures.
It's a team sport, the ultimate team sport at that. You win as a team and you lose as a team. The Bills need to learn that as does McDermott.

I think McDermott was more pissed that his big bad Bills got sodomized on National TV. Remember the Bills and their Fans crowned themselves "The New Kings of the AFC East" last year and in the off season. Apparently they're nothing more than petulant child throwing a temper tantrum because things didn't go their way.

Yes, he surely did.
And he provided plenty of bulletin board for BB's office, too.

That's the worst thing about it for the Bills.

They've basically dismissed the win as a fluke, their coach pretty much saying they had better field position, more possession and on any other day they would have won well. Echoing Hipkats post here.

No credit given to the Patriots or their head coach or Josh etc. The Bills don't think Bill will be using this come the re-match??

It was literally the worst thing they could have done. They, in effect, have dismissed the Patriots and have disrespected them.

Why do coaches and players not learn? What McDermott SHOULD have said was they were beaten by the better team on the day, he was outcoached and has to do a better job and they will look to fix things going forward. That's it, no need to say ANYTHING else. No blame on his players, big up the opposition and take the blame for the loss on your shoulders.

I would give HipKat a break. He is a good poster, but when your team is embarrassed that way it tends to bring out emotions over logic.

We've all been there. After Pats lost to Jests in the playoffs I remember I lost my shit, and of course that ugly Super Bowl in Arizona, but I rather not remember that.

That's the worst thing about it for the Bills.

They've basically dismissed the win as a fluke, their coach pretty much saying they had better field position, more possession and on any other day they would have won well. Echoing Hipkats post here.

No credit given to the Patriots or their head coach or Josh etc. The Bills don't think Bill will be using this come the re-match??

It was literally the worst thing they could have done. They, in effect, have dismissed the Patriots and have disrespected them.

Why do coaches and players not learn? What McDermott SHOULD have said was they were beaten by the better team on the day, he was outcoached and has to do a better job and they will look to fix things going forward. That's it, no need to say ANYTHING else. No blame on his players, big up the opposition and take the blame for the loss on your shoulders.

I'm actually pretty sympathetic to McDermott's Point here.

They did have better field position AND they did win the "crazy turn over battle"
although in my personal opinion it's sort of a testament to the pats game plan that they basically got the worst possible iteration of outcomes and still won but I'm a bit of a homer.

Never the less, the Bills fundamentally had a reasonably well coahced game, and arguably better strategy (not argued by me but what ever).

that being said, if you find yourself screaming any of those points at a podium you've totally and entirely lost.

Back