Week 14 Other Games Thread

What's curious is how disingenuous it is to try to use the number of calls per team in order to misrepresent the real issue which are the missed calls that were game changers
Still hoping you'll respond to my earlier post, at minimum to identify the plays you have qualms with. I took a look at the Diggs pass at the end of the 4th, I presume that's the one most folks are having qualms with? The relevant rules are here:

ARTICLE 1. LEGAL CONTACT WITHIN FIVE YARDS. Within the area five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, a defensive
player may chuck an eligible receiver in front of him. The defender is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within
the five-yard zone, so long as the receiver has not moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.

ARTICLE 2. PROHIBITED ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are pass interference include,
but are not limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;
(b) Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;
(c) Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass;
(d) Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and regardless of whether the
player committing such act is playing the ball;
(e) Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball;
(f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior to the
ball arriving; or
(g) Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating separation.

ARTICLE 3. PERMISSIBLE ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR
(b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

The defender made legal contact at the 5 (LOS was the 7 so well within 5), and by the 2 their legs had gotten tangled up and both of them tripped. Both of them had their heads back playing the ball. The defender wasn't playing through his back; the receiver had both hands in the air trying to grab the ball, so his arms were clearly not restricted; the defender didn't have an arm across the offensive player's body; he was playing the ball so "e" wouldn't apply, Diggs wasn't hooked, and neither player shoved off. So why would that play be pass interference?

If there are missed calls, that's totally fair, but if there are, what calls, on what plays, specifically?

(As a side note the reason the Evans pass was pass interference is because the defender had an arm extended across the body of his opponent. In that case too the defender was not playing the ball. However it was quite clearly OPI as well as DPI by the rules from my perspective, so that should have been offsetting penalties in my opinion. Not claiming every call is right. Just asking for evidence of a pattern if you believe there is one.)

Still hoping you'll respond to my earlier post, at minimum to identify the plays you have qualms with. I took a look at the Diggs pass at the end of the 4th, I presume that's the one most folks are having qualms with? The relevant rules are here:

ARTICLE 1. LEGAL CONTACT WITHIN FIVE YARDS. Within the area five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, a defensive
player may chuck an eligible receiver in front of him. The defender is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within
the five-yard zone, so long as the receiver has not moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.

ARTICLE 2. PROHIBITED ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are pass interference include,
but are not limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;
(b) Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;
(c) Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass;
(d) Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and regardless of whether the
(e) Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball;
(f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior to the
ball arriving; or
(g) Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating separation.

(b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

The defender made legal contact at the 5 (LOS was the 7 so well within 5), and by the 2 their legs had gotten tangled up and both of them tripped. Both of them had their heads back playing the ball. The defender wasn't playing through his back; the receiver had both hands in the air trying to grab the ball, so his arms were clearly not restricted; the defender didn't have an arm across the offensive player's body; he was playing the ball so "e" wouldn't apply, Diggs wasn't hooked, and neither player shoved off. So why would that play be pass interference?

If there are missed calls, that's totally fair, but if there are, what calls, on what plays, specifically?

(As a side note the reason the Evans pass was pass interference is because the defender had an arm extended across the body of his opponent. In that case too the defender was not playing the ball. However it was quite clearly OPI as well as DPI by the rules from my perspective, so that should have been offsetting penalties in my opinion. Not claiming every call is right. Just asking for evidence of a pattern if you believe there is one.)
I'm going to, I'm on my way home from work and once I can sit down I'll get into it

You guys are starting to grasp for straws. You're going to compare anybody to how Josh Allen played in his first year? He's not in his first year. Money you make that same comparison against Brett Favre? He wasn't real good in his first year either.

Umm... What?

Yes, Mac > Josh in year one.

If you are trying to dispute this you failed.

Look dude, generally I like you but right now like I said earlier, your takes are not good. As a matter of fact you're coming across as a stereotypical East coaster. High strung, know it all, arrogant. In my mind you remind me of Ed Norton, kind of like the guy that was the drug addict in the movie Summer of Sam.

Now this list isn't exactly current, but it's pretty solid for a Young quarterback. I'm saying there's been some more added since this list was made like only the fourth quarterback to ever throw for 300 yards and run for 100 yards in one game, which he set last night. All I'm saying is that if you want to talk about the bills coaching issues, play calling, poor execution that we've seen at times, that's great. But if you're going to try to rip apart Josh allen, you make yourself sound kind of stupid, really

NFL records​

• First quarterback to rush for at least 95 yards in three consecutive games (Week 12–14, 2018)[122]
  • First quarterback with 10 passing touchdowns and 2 rushing touchdowns through three weeks (Week 1–3, 2020)[123]
  • First quarterback with 375+ pass yards, 3+ pass touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a 130+ QB rating in multiple games in a single season (Week 2, 9 & 13, 2020)
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, first 50 starts: 28 (tied with Cam Newton)[116]

Bills franchise records​

• Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game: 135[124]
  • Longest touchdown pass by a rookie quarterback: 75 yards[125]
  • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season: 631[126]
  • Most total touchdowns by a rookie: 18[126]
  • Most consecutive games by a quarterback scoring at least one touchdown: 21[127]
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in a single season: 9 (2019)[127]
  • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game, post-season: 92 (January 4, 2020, vs. Houston Texans)[70]
  • Most consecutive games with over 300 passing yards: 3 (shared with Jim Kelly, week 1–3, 2020)[79]
  • Most games with 300 passing yards and 4 TDs, single season: 4 (2020)
  • Most total touchdowns in a season: 46 (2020)[90]
  • Most passing touchdowns, single season: 37 (2020)[128]
  • Most passing yards, single season: 4,544 (2020)[129]

Accolades​

• AFC Offensive Player of the Week (2018: Week 17; 2019: Week 11; 2020: Week 2, 9, 13, 15; 2021: Week 3)[50][59][130]
  • 87th-ranked player on NFL Top 100 (2020)[131]
  • 2x AFC Offensive Player of the Month (2020: September, December)
  • Pro Bowl (2020)
  • PFWA Most Improved Player (2020)[132]
  • 10th-ranked player on NFL Top 100 (2021)[133]
Rushing stats? I'll say this again: Do you realize he makes 38 million per year and you're pointing to the idea his production has to be tied to him tucking and running with the ball? I mean, my goodness.

This is literally why you're in shock and angry that your season is disintegrating in front of your eyes. You think those lists mean something. All of his most important things happened last year during a surprise pandemic.

Does this list include 19 turnovers in 2019 and a 1:1 TD/Turnover ratio? haha!

The Pro Bowl? Edmunds made the Pro Bowl over people like Van Noy and Hightower for example. The Pro Bowl? bawahahah

abahwhaahaha!

but are not limited to:
ball arriving; or

I commend you on the detailed info here. I looked for replays of the hits on Allen from last week, but there's no All 22 for some reason. Hopefully, we'll get one from this week. I know that nowhere does it say specifically that a defender cannot grab a receiver's jersey in these rules, but I have to think that's not allowed and that happened twice last night.

1438334950_shirtpull.jpg.c2abe927d7336b3ec03d18c33b3603d0.jpg

0wzb0skz68581.jpg

Lol.
You do realize that most of those records point to a short lived career, yes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I get they've been jonesing for a competitive QB essentially since Flutie left, but his super impressed reaction to Josh Allen is proof positive they don't really understand what an elite QB looks like.

Every positive thing he posted was a rushing stat or it happened in 2020.

Josh isn't in year one, That's a dumb argument. It's like saying my Pixel 6 is better than a Pixel 4.....
Dumb? Your post that I responded to:

HipKat said:
You guys are starting to grasp for straws. You're going to compare anybody to how Josh Allen played in his first year?

Be better, Hipkat.

Josh isn't in year one, That's a dumb argument. It's like saying my Pixel 6 is better than a Pixel 4.....
Also, if you bought a Pixel ANYTHING, that isn't something to brag about.

Or even reveal.....

I commend you on the detailed info here. I looked for replays of the hits on Allen from last week, but there's no All 22 for some reason. Hopefully, we'll get one from this week. I know that nowhere does it say specifically that a defender cannot grab a receiver's jersey in these rules, but I have to think that's not allowed and that happened twice last night.

1438334950_shirtpull.jpg.c2abe927d7336b3ec03d18c33b3603d0.jpg

0wzb0skz68581.jpg
The penalty needs to be seen. In the first picture the foul is perfectly blocked from view.

Huge win for the Rams, in Phoenix as well. One game behind but the Rams are 2-2 in their division while the Cards are 4-1. Both are 6-3 in the NFC. NFC is wildly up for grabs, mirroring the AFC.

Thought Murray threw a lot of very iffy passes in the game, wildly inaccurate on quite a few throws.

What's curious is how disingenuous it is to try to use the number of calls per team in order to misrepresent the real issue which are the missed calls that were game changers
Well, perhaps I am disingenuous.

I think you're being a little naive, though, to expect to go on the road and not have to overcome some bad calls. It doesn't always happen, but home cooking in the NFL is a very frequent occurrence.

I think you're being a little naive, though, to expect to go on the road and not have to overcome some bad calls. It doesn't always happen, but home cooking in the NFL is a very frequent occurrence.
Us in Carolina a few years back a notable example. It happens frequently.

Look dude, generally I like you but right now like I said earlier, your takes are not good. As a matter of fact you're coming across as a stereotypical East coaster. High strung, know it all, arrogant. In my mind you remind me of Ed Norton, kind of like the guy that was the drug addict in the movie Summer of Sam.

Now this list isn't exactly current, but it's pretty solid for a Young quarterback. I'm saying there's been some more added since this list was made like only the fourth quarterback to ever throw for 300 yards and run for 100 yards in one game, which he set last night. All I'm saying is that if you want to talk about the bills coaching issues, play calling, poor execution that we've seen at times, that's great. But if you're going to try to rip apart Josh allen, you make yourself sound kind of stupid, really

NFL records​

• First quarterback to rush for at least 95 yards in three consecutive games (Week 12–14, 2018)[122]
  • First quarterback with 10 passing touchdowns and 2 rushing touchdowns through three weeks (Week 1–3, 2020)[123]
  • First quarterback with 375+ pass yards, 3+ pass touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a 130+ QB rating in multiple games in a single season (Week 2, 9 & 13, 2020)
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, first 50 starts: 28 (tied with Cam Newton)[116]

Bills franchise records​

• Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game: 135[124]
  • Longest touchdown pass by a rookie quarterback: 75 yards[125]
  • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season: 631[126]
  • Most total touchdowns by a rookie: 18[126]
  • Most consecutive games by a quarterback scoring at least one touchdown: 21[127]
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in a single season: 9 (2019)[127]
  • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game, post-season: 92 (January 4, 2020, vs. Houston Texans)[70]
  • Most consecutive games with over 300 passing yards: 3 (shared with Jim Kelly, week 1–3, 2020)[79]
  • Most games with 300 passing yards and 4 TDs, single season: 4 (2020)
  • Most total touchdowns in a season: 46 (2020)[90]
  • Most passing touchdowns, single season: 37 (2020)[128]
  • Most passing yards, single season: 4,544 (2020)[129]

Accolades​

• AFC Offensive Player of the Week (2018: Week 17; 2019: Week 11; 2020: Week 2, 9, 13, 15; 2021: Week 3)[50][59][130]
  • 87th-ranked player on NFL Top 100 (2020)[131]
  • 2x AFC Offensive Player of the Month (2020: September, December)
  • Pro Bowl (2020)
  • PFWA Most Improved Player (2020)[132]
  • 10th-ranked player on NFL Top 100 (2021)[133]
Exactly zero of those NFL records are actual real records. "First QB to throw for 4 TDs with 2 different colored shoes on" isn't a record.

James Connor looks like a bigger stud in Arizona than in Pittsburgh.
James Connor comes from a long line of stud Pitt RBs. It's just a shame he ended up on a dogshit team first with a QB who refuses to allow the ball to be run.

I expect to have to overcome bad calls like holding, for example, Holding is one of those calls that can be made on almost every snap, but usually only does when you want it least. Pick plays. Another example.
Flagrant calls should always be made. If Lamar can get a RTP on a bump, then slamming the QB to ground after he's thrown the ball should always be RTP. That's the consistency I want to see.

Back