Week 14 Other Games Thread

Patriots44

call me... P Quatro, Quatro
Reaction score
Stick to the games please.

focused on Bills v. Bucs myself, plus Raiders v. Chefs and the SNF and MNF games of could be interesting (hoping Justin Fields plays for Da' Bears)

Stick to the games please.

focused on Bills v. Bucs myself, plus Raiders v. Chefs and the SNF and MNF games of could be interesting (hoping Justin Fields plays for Da' Bears)
Fields is supposed to start, according to the last report that I saw.

Fields is supposed to start, according to the last report that I saw.
Fields is another guy that's going to be destroyed by horrible coaching.

Yes, Justin Fields sure can run, but he's also a damn fine pocket passer. They don't need to be gimmicking him to death, but Nagy wants to somehow keep his job, so short-term win possibility over actual QB development.

At least he's not telling his assistants he's a winner. :coffee:

Edit: Put it this way. Justin Fields' raw skillset is what the NFL wishes Lamar Jackson's skillset actually was. But I fear poor coaching is going to destroy the kid.

it will be interesting to see how the Bears handle all this. I check out the Chicago newspapers from time to time and they seem to have the feeling (like me) that Nagy will ruin Fields. I expect Nagy will be gone after this year.
anytime a coach/GM is trying to save their skin and they throw a rookie into the fire they risk ruining that rookie

as an aside...it would be interesting to see 1st rd qbs1‐10 vs 11-20 vs 21-32 in terms of successful careers.
i am surprised tb- buff isn't on in my local market
i should be home in time to catch the last half of that.
is it me or have non pats games become sort of meh gradually over the past 10 years? there doesn't seem to be as many teams that are good/solid consistently year to year anymore.

as an aside...it would be interesting to see 1st rd qbs1‐10 vs 11-20 vs 21-32 in terms of successful careers.
Another interesting take would be 1st round QB vs all QB taken in other rounds (or undrafted: e.g. Kurt Warner).

If only there were someone on the board that did these kind of analyses.

i am surprised tb- buff isn't on in my local market
i should be home in time to catch the last half of that.
is it me or have non pats games become sort of meh gradually over the past 10 years? there doesn't seem to be as many teams that are good/solid consistently year to year anymore.

Another interesting take would be 1st round QB vs all QB taken in other rounds (or undrafted: e.g. Kurt Warner).

If only there were someone on the board that did these kind of analyses.

Fields is another guy that's going to be destroyed by horrible coaching.

Yes, Justin Fields sure can run, but he's also a damn fine pocket passer. They don't need to be gimmicking him to death, but Nagy wants to somehow keep his job, so short-term win possibility over actual QB development.

At least he's not telling his assistants he's a winner. :coffee:

Edit: Put it this way. Justin Fields' raw skillset is what the NFL wishes Lamar Jackson's skillset actually was. But I fear poor coaching is going to destroy the kid.
I wish they would just let Dalton finish the season. I'm not sure how much he can learn from having to run for his life trying to survive. There is a a lot of smoke in Columbus about Ryan Day & the Bears. He is a NFL guy ( Eagles & 49ers) & will eventually go to the NFL but I'm not sure he would go to a mess of an organization.

it will be interesting to see how the Bears handle all this. I check out the Chicago newspapers from time to time and they seem to have the feeling (like me) that Nagy will ruin Fields. I expect Nagy will be gone after this year.
anytime a coach/GM is trying to save their skin and they throw a rookie into the fire they risk ruining that rookie
The McCaskeys need to sell. They get fixated on middling or even borderline unqualified people at the top because they’re cheap. It’s been kiling them for decades.

When your best QB is Jim McMahon over the past 40 years, and before that, it was Sid Luckman, that’s simply on ownership.

For a bedrock franchise like them or Detroit to be this inept, it just hurts the league. That division should be elite and it just hasn’t been for decades.

Have to give it to bears fans having confidence to post good things about the team winning, especially against Green Bay. I know it is a division game but they will be destroyed by the pack.

2 unwatchable, Raiders and Wash suck, games in our area. Just checking in for the scores of other games.

Back