Week 16 - The Raven

I have a strange feeling that the Patriots will be feeling vengeful against Baltimore-they're coming off of a tough loss last week and coming off of two straight losses against Baltimore. I just have a feeling they'll come out with guns blazing.

Baltimore's also been playing close games and Flacco's knee is a bit shot. BAL can't run but just about everyone can run on us. Depending on who starts for us at WR it could be a run game battle between both teams. BAL needs a win to keep their hopes alive and the Pats obviously want to win this one. BAL's always been playing us tough. It'll be a good one.

We'll be okay if we don't put the ball on the ground or give the ball off to the Ravens. The defense is banged up but they're capable (which most have forgotten) of playing well with the pieces that they do have. We'll see which Patriots team shows up on Sunday.

I absolutely love this rivalry. No matter which team is the struggling team, the games are always close and within reach at all times. That's the best.

As long as TB is in the backfield, I'm worried at all times. Hope the Ravens can stay consistent with minimizing their own turnovers.

Oher is good for about 3 false starts so let's let TB start at the 35 instead of the 20.

I'm worried about the deep ball to tSmith. We seem to have trouble with that kind of receiver more than anything

I just dont like the matchups vs. the Ravens. Their strenghts are the Pats weaknesses. Ray Rice will be tough to stop and the injuries to the OLine will make life miserable for Brady against their pass rushers. Going with Baltimore big this week. Heart says Pats squeak out a 23-21 win, but head says 31-17 Ravens

Baltimore is almost last in the league in rushing, if we have that much trouble stopping the run, we might as well pack it in and look forward to the draft. I would like to think the players on the D would have a little more balls then that to allow us to be ran over by a bad running team. No way the Ravens blow us out, they have not blown anyone out this year, do you guys really think we are that awful because we lost last week?

Joe says he's fine. He's also wearing a knee brace for the first time in his career. That tells me he will be limited in some fashion.

Well not sure he is going to say, OMG the pain, I will barely be able to move, man the pats should really key on that as my knee is hurting so bad.

I absolutely love this rivalry. No matter which team is the struggling team, the games are always close and within reach at all times. That's the best.

As long as TB is in the backfield, I'm worried at all times. Hope the Ravens can stay consistent with minimizing their own turnovers.

Oher is good for about 3 false starts so let's let TB start at the 35 instead of the 20.

I love the rivalry as well.

Baltimore tends to play their best against us and a .500 record in the last 6 is not what Patriots fans are accustomed to.

Much has been made of the fact that the physical/tougher teams tend to be the ones that give us trouble and while your guys might be missing some familiar names they are still a tough team that is not in the least intimidated by us and I happen to believe that Harbaugh is one of the better coaches in the league.

Every year is a little different so we'll see what happens, but we are operating on smoke and mirrors at this point with all the key injuries and are trying to win at about 3/4ths full strength (at best). We could play a clean game and still lose.

I hate the matchup and the fact that you need this game badly and we don't have the same desperation factor.

I expect we lose this one in a typical hard-fought game.

Baltimore tends to play their best against us and a .500 record in the last 6 is not what Patriots fans are accustomed to.

Much has been made of the fact that the physical/tougher teams tend to be the ones that give us trouble and while your guys might be missing some familiar names they are still a tough team that is not in the least intimidated by us and I happen to believe that Harbaugh is one of the better coaches in the league.

Every year is a little different so we'll see what happens, but we are operating on smoke and mirrors at this point with all the key injuries and are trying to win at about 3/4ths full strength (at best). We could play a clean game and still lose.

I hate the matchup and the fact that you need this game badly and we don't have the same desperation factor.

I think we do have desperation for it Hawg, as losing this game would not only kill our bye chances, it also makes us have to win the last game or we could be out of the playoffs. Now granted thats not the same as we are out if we lose this game but I think the pats will be just as desperate for this win as the Ravens are.

I think it's going to come down to those 1 or 2 plays throughout the game which decides this win. Both teams need/want the win. I just want it to be Sunday already.

Any Pats fans here going to the game?

I think it's going to come down to those 1 or 2 plays throughout the game which decides this win. Both teams need/want the win. I just want it to be Sunday already.

Any Pats fans here going to the game?

I think Anderson is in that area, but he said he was not going. Have not heard of any saying they were going on here.

I think we do have desperation for it Hawg, as losing this game would not only kill our bye chances, it also makes us have to win the last game or we could be out of the playoffs. Now granted thats not the same as we are out if we lose this game but I think the pats will be just as desperate for this win as the Ravens are.

Losing this game in no way kills the bye chances.
If Baltimore beats Cincy and Indy loses to KC, both very realistic scenarios, then the Pats still get the bye (as long as they beat Buffalo).

If Baltimore beats Cincy and Indy loses to KC, both very realistic scenarios, then the Pats still get the bye (as long as they beat Buffalo).

I think the team wants to remain in charge of their own chances tho

I guess though what I mean is that the pats would rather have their own faith in their hands than leave it up to other teams. Plus after last week they always seem a little more desperate. Maybe I am just hoping they feel that.

I think the team wants to remain in charge of their own chances tho

I guess though what I mean is that the pats would rather have their own faith in their hands than leave it up to other teams. Plus after last week they always seem a little more desperate. Maybe I am just hoping they feel that.

Of course. Winning on Sunday virtually ensures the #2 seed.
Was just pointing out that the bye chances aren't killed with a loss.

Of course. Winning on Sunday virtually ensures the #2 seed.
Was just pointing out that the bye chances aren't killed with a loss.

Yeah and frankly I did not know that, I have been trying to not really get tired head of looking around to see what had to be done or this had to happen and things like that. Winning always takes care of itself.

Check Craigslist in the Baltimore area a day or so before the game.

If I could have made the trip, the Texans Patriots game had tickets going for 200 bucks for damn good seats, although this game might be a lot different as Ravens fans still have a lot of reason to watch still, the texans didnt.

McDaniels need to keep running the ball. To step up the pass to Dobson or Thompkins are on outside' .

Well not sure he is going to say, OMG the pain, I will barely be able to move, man the pats should really key on that as my knee is hurting so bad.

True there. I will say Flacco, while he may come off sometimes as a doofus, is one tough mofo. He hasn't missed a start in his career and he has taken some shots that would have put other QB's out for a week.

But, I will also say that while they approach the injury report completely different, both Belicheck and Harbaugh are masters at what they do or do not report. Nobody on the Ravens is injured and everyone on the Patriots is injured :parry:.

They both play a chess match with who's hurt and who isn't. So Flacco could be fine but maybe Harbs wants him to appear limited. Nothing would surprise me.

Back