Week 4 other games

What is up with Siemian? That hit looked awful but it is his non-throwing shoulder. Does Lynch stay at QB? He looked really good and he is the future. A shame for Siemian to lose his job to injury but it happens.

If Siemian can play, and I think he can, he will be our QB. Lynch looked good, but there is no real tape on him and the Bucs weren't prepared for him. In all reality, Lynch was average yesterday. Numbers wise anyway. He only completed 58%. A bit low. But I will say, he did take the team down and score. And he is a bit more athletic.

If Siemian can play, and I think he can, he will be our QB. Lynch looked good, but there is no real tape on him and the Bucs weren't prepared for him. In all reality, Lynch was average yesterday. Numbers wise anyway. He only completed 58%. A bit low. But I will say, he did take the team down and score. And he is a bit more athletic.

Again, by the numbers (below), he played A LOT better than Siemian and was productive with less time on the field. I believe Siemian's only score came on a Talib pick with a short field.

Paxton Lynch: 14/24, 170 yrds, 1 TD, QBR 94.1

Trevor Siemian: 5/7, 68 yrds, 1 TD, QBR 42.3

I believe because Brady was an in game, cheating violation not an off the field issue.

I heard rumblings that they wanted guys in the substance abuse program to be able to be at the faculty because the structure provided would give the player a better chance to "clean it up."

Which makes sense, but IMO if football practice is the only thing keeping you clean it's just a matter of time before you **** up again.

No reason to gloat. They have won four games. They look pretty solid, but gloating is not my thing. But thanks for the kind words. For the record, I have seen the Broncos win their first 6 and not make the playoffs. So...

watched them go 11-5 one year and not make the playoffs. Is that the year you're talking about? Want to say that was '85.

Again, by the numbers (below), he played A LOT better than Siemian and was productive with less time on the field. I believe Siemian's only score came on a Talib pick with a short field.

Paxton Lynch: 14/24, 170 yrds, 1 TD, QBR 94.1

Trevor Siemian: 5/7, 68 yrds, 1 TD, QBR 42.3

I think your math is off there a bit. Siemian's QB rating is almost 100 pts off. His QBR was 141.7 and his completion % was at 71% compared to Lynch's 58%. Not to say that he was going to continue with those numbers, and not saying Lynch's numbers were bad. Lynch is a rookie, Simian is the starter and if he can play, he will continue to be the starter.

watched them go 11-5 one year and not make the playoffs. Is that the year you're talking about? Want to say that was '85.

First year with JMCD, 2009 I think, the Broncos started 6-0 and finished 8-8. Weird things happen in the NFL.

First year with JMCD, 2009 I think, the Broncos started 6-0 and finished 8-8. Weird things happen in the NFL.

Yeah, that was it. Opened 6-0, lost 4 straight, won 2, lost last 4.

wasn't that the year you beat the Steelers in the playoffs?

No. The season we beat the Steelers was John Fox's first season. I think 2011 season. After Elway retired, the Broncos went on a tour of mediocrity. I think they made the playoffs once in like 10-11 years. Then once Elway came back, they have won the West every season.

I think your math is off there a bit. Siemian's QB rating is almost 100 pts off. His QBR was 141.7 and his completion % was at 71% compared to Lynch's 58%. Not to say that he was going to continue with those numbers, and not saying Lynch's numbers were bad. Lynch is a rookie, Simian is the starter and if he can play, he will continue to be the starter.

QBR only goes to a 100. Lynch was 76 and Siemian was 42. If you just look at the production alone, Lynch was MUCH better. They trusted him more with the offense letting him throw 24 times compared to just 7 throws for Siemian. Lynch also threw for twice his yardage.

I know it is just one game and really one half but Lynch looked really good and in command. The plan is for him to succeed Siemian anyways so perhaps that just got accelerated? :shrug_n:

QBR only goes to a 100. Lynch was 76 and Siemian was 42. If you just look at the production alone, Lynch was MUCH better. They trusted him more with the offense letting him throw 24 times compared to just 7 throws for Siemian. Lynch also threw for twice his yardage.

I know it is just one game and really one half but Lynch looked really good and in command. The plan is for him to succeed Siemian anyways so perhaps that just got accelerated? :shrug_n:
Um OK? Here are the numbers. Siemian had 71.4% to Lynch's 58% Granted, Lynch threw nearly 4x more passes. I'm guessing because the game was well in control and Kubs thought he'd let the kid throw the ball around. Either way, not a big deal. I have highlighted the QBR in orange.
Here are the numbers:
Denver Comp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Sack YdsL QBRat FL
Paxton Lynch 14 24 58.3 170 7.1 1 0 1 0 94.1 0
Trevor Siemian 5 7 71.4 68 9.7 1 0 3 20 141.7 0

Um OK? Here are the numbers. Siemian had 71.4% to Lynch's 58% Granted, Lynch threw nearly 4x more passes. I'm guessing because the game was well in control and Kubs thought he'd let the kid throw the ball around. Either way, not a big deal. I have highlighted the QBR in orange.
Here are the numbers:
Denver Comp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Sack YdsL QBRat FL
Paxton Lynch 14 24 58.3 170 7.1 1 0 1 0 94.1 0
Trevor Siemian 5 7 71.4 68 9.7 1 0 3 20 141.7 0

Yeah, throw pass percentage out the window given Lynch did throw four times as many. 14/24 is pretty good given he was thrown in cold.

You are confusing passer rating with QBR. Of course Siemian's passer rating was higher because he only threw 7 times and completed 5 of them. QBR more accurately measures the QBs overall game not just his passing which is why Lynch was so much higher. But really if you just watched the game, Lynch looked solid and in command. When he came in the game was 17-7 early in the second half so it was by no means put away and Kubiak still trusted him to let him sling it around.

Not sure if you are huge Siemian fan or what but I am just saying Lynch is the guy of the future anyways so perhaps they have seen enough to put him in there. It is doubtful Siemian plays this week due to the shoulder so Lynch will have a chance to show his stuff again. Seems to be the year of the rookie QB anyways. lol.

Yeah, throw pass percentage out the window given Lynch did throw four times as many. 14/24 is pretty good given he was thrown in cold.

You are confusing passer rating with QBR. Of course Siemian's passer rating was higher because he only threw 7 times and completed 5 of them. QBR more accurately measures the QBs overall game not just his passing which is why Lynch was so much higher. But really if you just watched the game, Lynch looked solid and in command. When he came in the game was 17-7 early in the second half so it was by no means put away and Kubiak still trusted him to let him sling it around.

Not sure if you are huge Siemian fan or what but I am just saying Lynch is the guy of the future anyways so perhaps they have seen enough to put him in there. It is doubtful Siemian plays this week due to the shoulder so Lynch will have a chance to show his stuff again. Seems to be the year of the rookie QB anyways. lol.

Meh. I'm not here to argue. Both the QB's played well. One is a starter and on is a back up. And don't think for a minute that if Siemian is as good through out the entire season as he has been, Elway dumps him for Lynch. We have Lynch for a few years on his rookie QB. Elway has proved that he will go with the best QB out there. Even if it means he sits his 1 rd pick.
And for the record, Siemian has a mild sprain in his non-throwing shoulder. He could have gone in if needed, but as stated earlier, the game was in control. Not sure where you get the doubtful info from? And BTW the score was 14-7 when Lynch came in. He drove them down for the late FG to make it 17-7.

Meh. I'm not here to argue. Both the QB's played well. One is a starter and on is a back up. And don't think for a minute that if Siemian is as good through out the entire season as he has been, Elway dumps him for Lynch. We have Lynch for a few years on his rookie QB. Elway has proved that he will go with the best QB out there. Even if it means he sits his 1 rd pick.
And for the record, Siemian has a mild sprain in his non-throwing shoulder. He could have gone in if needed, but as stated earlier, the game was in control. Not sure where you get the doubtful info from? And BTW the score was 14-7 when Lynch came in. He drove them down for the late FG to make it 17-7.

I am not arguing anything. Just a discussion.

How much is Siemian costing Elway? He is a 7th round pick in his second year, right? He is less than Lynch who was a first round pick I would think.

Siemian is playing well but you won't win with him in the post-season just managing and dinking and ducking. Lynch gives you a much better chance if he continues to progress. I think he gets the start next week. Just a hunch. They let Siemian rest a week.

How much is Siemian costing Elway? He is a 7th round pick in his second year, right? He is less than Lynch who was a first round pick I would think.

Siemian is playing well but you won't win with him in the post-season just managing and dinking and ducking. Lynch gives you a much better chance if he continues to progress. I think he gets the start next week. Just a hunch. They let Siemian rest a week.

I don't expect that you really keep up on the Broncos. Maybe you do, but last week Siemian hit 2 TD's one for 41 yrds and one for 55 yrds. Hardly dinking and dunking. Not sure how you can say the Broncos won't win in the playoffs with Siemian? As I have been saying for some time now, the kid is a legit NFL QB. With our defense and run game, we could win a Super Bowl with a putrid Manning. LOL

I don't expect that you really keep up on the Broncos. Maybe you do, but last week Siemian hit 2 TD's one for 41 yrds and one for 55 yrds. Hardly dinking and dunking. Not sure how you can say the Broncos won't win in the playoffs with Siemian? As I have been saying for some time now, the kid is a legit NFL QB. With our defense and run game, we could win a Super Bowl with a putrid Manning. LOL

Nice cherry picking.

In four games:
Siemian has averaged 206 yards a game
He has thrown 6 TDs to 3 Picks.

He is the definition of game manager. You are right. With that D it might be good enough. Speaking of ManninHGH, he is the only one that has stunk in Kubes offense. Talk about a system QB. lol.

Nice cherry picking.

In four games:
Siemian has averaged 206 yards a game
He has thrown 6 TDs to 3 Picks.

He is the definition of game manager. You are right. With that D it might be good enough. Speaking of ManninHGH, he is the only one that has stunk in Kubes offense. Talk about a system QB. lol.

He never really played Kub's system. At least until he came back for the playoffs. Kubiak needs a QB to play under center. The offense was tough on Manning because they put him in the pistol. That is not Kubiak's system It was a compromise. And for the record, Manning is the reigning SB champion QB. So there's that. As for Siemian, if you really want me to go into details, he has thrown 6 TD's. One for 55, one for 41, one for 28 and one for 25. As Meatloaf said 4 out of 6 aint bad.

Oh and BTW, there is another QB in the NFL, now finally after missing the last 4 weeks whom we will not name that has 400 TD's. Nearly half are within the 10 yard line(196). Not to mention 76 TD's inside 3 yards compared to 77 past 30 yards. But ya, the dinking and dunking thing doesn't seem to win much. Especially in the playoffs.

Oh and BTW, there is another QB in the NFL, now finally after missing the last 4 weeks whom we will not name that has 400 TD's. Nearly half are within the 10 yard line(196). Not to mention 76 TD's inside 3 yards compared to 77 past 30 yards. But ya, the dinking and dunking thing doesn't seem to win much. Especially in the playoffs.

Man, someone has a hair across. I don't get it. You are impossible to have a decent convo with about anything because you take everything personal and take a positive and somehow make it a negative. I think you will be a BETTER team with Lynch. Guess what? Your GM does too as he moved up to take the guy in round one. Siemian is a stop gap and his stop looks to just about be up IMO. I would think you would be happy about that, to actually have a real offense to go with the great D. But whatevs. If you are this salty with your team being 4-0, I would hate to see you when they lose a game.

Back