Week 6 Other Games

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Tampa is crushing the Eagles. Even their secondary is playing well. lol

Wonder if Eagles trade for Watson. They have two 1s and also a conditional 2 for Wentz that will turn into a 1 if Wentz plays 75% of the plays. That would be three 1s in the top 10 most likely.

Last edited:
Welp. Iggles made it interesting ... Lol
Brady Qb sneak has to be infuriating to seal the game.

Tampa defense is what could well stop them from winning another SB. It's far too leaky. Fournette is a key man for them, he's playing very well and is a major factor for them on play-action etc.

Tampa defense is what could well stop them from winning another SB. It's far too leaky. Fournette is a key man for them, he's playing very well and is a major factor for them on play-action etc.
Their defense was actually really good last night until the 4th quarter. The long PI call changed the entire ending of the game. But overall, their back end is atrocious. They are going to get some guys back soon but the back 4 was never a strength for them. The front 7 is unreal. Vita Vea had a highlight reel play last night where he shook off a double team and the wrapped up the RB by himself. I can't figure out Bowles whether I like him or not. Sometimes his plan is spot on and then other times, he is a pinhead. lol

Brady with 2 more INTs I see. They're old and just not that good. Going to be a long season for that team. Sherman already hurt as predicted. You just have to wonder what will happen later in the year with that team to so old and broken down after barely beating a crappy Philly team.

Both of those reasons are why Brady was able to get another ring. It wasn't him. It was his defense and run game. You just have to wonder if Brady's ego can remain in check. The way he's been chasing stats since the Pats game to atone for that embarrassment of no TDs in Foxborough, it's going to catch up. That's what happens. He starts to focus in on his stats chase and he gets caught. It's how we lost 2 SBs to the Giants. Multiple INTs, ignoring the run game, etc. They were lucky to escape that last night.

Tampa is crushing the Eagles. Even their secondary is playing well. lol

Wonder if Eagles trade for Watson. They have two 1s and also a conditional 2 for Wentz that will turn into a 1 if Wentz plays 75% of the plays. That would be three 1s in the top 10 most likely.
I don't think 28-22 is "crushing" anything. TB is old and a very flimsy team. Barely beating a bad Philly team is not a good sign. You can't play a bad D every week. In fact, since the Rams game, that team doesn't look as unstoppable as you and others claim. They've been pretty uneven, especially with that putrid D.

I watched the first 3 quarters or so and my biggest takeaway was that Jalen Hurts is simply not an accurate QB and probably never will be. Watching him miss people by
a mile and throwing bad picks reminded me to thank Bill Belichick for having the wisdom and guts to take a guy that many criticized for not being athletic or having a strong enough
arm. Mac Jones is miles ahead of a guy that is years ahead of him in experience.

On one play, Devonta Smith ran an out pattern to the sidelines and Hurts threw it four yards behind him forcing Smith to play defense to break up another potential INT. Hurts was
way off the mark much of the night.

He seems like a good person and is a decent runner, but his incremental improvement as a passer over the last few years isn't nearly good enough to hold onto a starter's
job in the NFL. The Philly fans are going to run him out of town before long.

His stat line for last night was 12 for 26, 115 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. He also ran 10 times for 44 yards which does not mean that he's a modern NFL QB prototype threat with his feet or his arm.

The game was over before halftime. The final score didn't tell the whole story.

Bucs secondary isnt really that good...

Hurts is sometimes good, sometimes terrible. He will pull something out of his butt, or make a bone-headed play. He's talented though.

I watched the first 3 quarters or so and my biggest takeaway was that Jalen Hurts is simply not an accurate QB and probably never will be. Watching him miss people by
a mile and throwing bad picks reminded me to thank Bill Belichick for having the wisdom and guts to take a guy that many criticized for not being athletic or having a strong enough
arm. Mac Jones is miles ahead of a guy that is years ahead of him in experience.

On one play, Devonta Smith ran an out pattern to the sidelines and Hurts threw it four yards behind him forcing Smith to play defense to break up another potential INT. Hurts was
way off the mark much of the night.

He seems like a good person and is a decent runner, but his incremental improvement as a passer over the last few years isn't nearly good enough to hold onto a starter's
job in the NFL. The Philly fans are going to run him out of town before long.

His stat line for last night was 12 for 26, 115 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. He also ran 10 times for 44 yards which does not mean that he's a modern NFL QB prototype threat with his feet or his arm.

Hurts might be better off as a James White rb or gadget player that can throw sometimes.

If Brady was only after stats he would have had at least 4 TD passes last night.
Nah. I am still trying to figure out why Miami and Philly didn't deploy BB's blueprint. Then again, I know why. These coaches aren't as good and don't have the balls to trust their players.

TB clearly isn't the juggernaut people claim.

I watched the first 3 quarters or so and my biggest takeaway was that Jalen Hurts is simply not an accurate QB and probably never will be. Watching him miss people by a mile and throwing bad picks reminded me to thank Bill Belichick for having the wisdom and guts to take a guy that many criticized for not being athletic or having a strong enough arm. Mac Jones is miles ahead of a guy that is years ahead of him in experience.

On one play, Devonta Smith ran an out pattern to the sidelines and Hurts threw it four yards behind him forcing Smith to play defense to break up another potential INT. Hurts was way off the mark much of the night.

He seems like a good person and is a decent runner, but his incremental improvement as a passer over the last few years isn't nearly good enough to hold onto a starter's job in the NFL. The Philly fans are going to run him out of town before long.

Last night was Hurts 10th game as a starter so not sure how he is years ahead of Mac in experience.

In terms of the game, you really should have watched the fourth quarter as Hurts caught fire at the end of the third quarter into the fourth. He led two TDs drives, a two point conversion and also another drive that ended in a missed FG. If Brady did not lead a beautiful 6 minute drive to kill the game in the fourth, Hurts gets the ball and most likely wins the game given they were only down 6 and steam rolling on offense.

In terms of the Mac comparisons, this is my take away. Hurts for sure is an inaccurate QB compared to Mac and many others BUT what he did last night was take some deep shots and 2 of his deep shots results in massive PI calls against Tampa setting Philly up for 2 of their 3 TDs. That is what Mac really needed to do vs that Tampa JV secondary which would have helped the Pats get more than 19 points and really force the Tampa offense out of its run control game in the second half.

While Hurts did run for only 44 yards, he scored 2 TDs with his legs and also extended a ton of pass plays as well because he can scramble so well. That is the dynamic type of playing that is needed at QB to win in today's league. It is not necessarily pretty or efficient per se but it stresses a defense. Tampa's front 7 got gassed in the fourth from chasing Hurts which is what led to Philly's impressive fourth quarter as they could no longer contain him by setting the edge. It also opened the pass game because they were forced to crowd the line to stop him and when they chose to play coverage, he would hurt them with the short passes.

I am not saying by any means that I would want Hurts over Mac but dismissing Hurts and what his game brings to the table vs Mac is a bit myopic. He had Tampa's D on the ropes and a potential W after being down 21 until Brady sealed it with the 6 minute drive at the end.

Last night was Hurts 10th game as a starter so not sure how he is years ahead of Mac in experience.

In terms of the game, you really should have watched the fourth quarter as Hurts caught fire at the end of the third quarter into the fourth. He led two TDs drives, a two point conversion and also another drive that ended in a missed FG. If Brady did not lead a beautiful 6 minute drive to kill the game in the fourth, Hurts gets the ball and most likely wins the game given they were only down 6 and steam rolling on offense.

In terms of the Mac comparisons, this is my take away. Hurts for sure is an inaccurate QB compared to Mac and many others BUT what he did last night was take some deep shots and 2 of his deep shots results in massive PI calls against Tampa setting Philly up for 2 of their 3 TDs. That is what Mac really needed to do vs that Tampa JV secondary which would have helped the Pats get more than 19 points and really force the Tampa offense out of its run control game in the second half.

While Hurts did run for only 44 yards, he scored 2 TDs with his legs and also extended a ton of pass plays as well because he can scramble so well. That is the dynamic type of playing that is needed at QB to win in today's league. It is not necessarily pretty or efficient per se but it stresses a defense. Tampa's front 7 got gassed in the fourth from chasing Hurts which is what led to Philly's impressive fourth quarter as they could no longer contain him by setting the edge. It also opened the pass game because they were forced to crowd the line to stop him and when they chose to play coverage, he would hurt them with the short passes.

I am not saying by any means that I would want Hurts over Mac but dismissing Hurts and what his game brings to the table vs Mac is a bit myopic. He had Tampa's D on the ropes and a potential W after being down 21 until Brady sealed it with the 6 minute drive at the end.

He is a year ahead of Jones in the league. Good thing Goodell cheated again for the primdonna on that clear INT that was overturned after an illegal 6 min review. I guess the video judge had to go chase down Goodell in the crapper to get his orders to overturn the obvious (by replay) INT.

He is a year ahead of Jones in the league. Good thing Goodell cheated again for the primdonna on that clear INT that was overturned after an illegal 6 min review. I guess the video judge had to go chase down Goodell in the crapper to get his orders to overturn the obvious (by replay) INT.
I really enjoy most of your football takes even when we disagree but your Goodell take on helping Brady is absolutely head scratching.

Last edited:
I really enjoy most of your football takes even when we disagree but your Goodell take on helping Brady is absolutely head scratching and makes me wonder who you really might be a fan of.
I've already explained this. Even the forced Antonio Brown release in 2019 is a Goodell move. But, why with Brown's situation never having changed since 2019, is he on TB and allowed to play? I know what the answer is and so should you.

If you remember, Brown got into trouble even AFTER he was released from NE and Goodell still allowed him back to sign with TB. It's just fascinating to watch how he cheat$. Look at Watson right now in Houston.

You saw what MLB did with Trevor Bauer. They banned him. It's the normal, adult thing to do. Goodell picks and choo$e$ where he deploys his brand of justice based on financial motives.

All these owners ever wanted was to separate the Kraft/BB/Brady trio. Now that Brady is on a different team in a completely different and VERY WEAK NFL market in Florida, it's better for the league. This isn't hard to understand. The league does better if a different team wins the SB every year, especially teams that never have or haven't in a long time. This is a fact based on their financial model.

The SB was an abomination. I've never in my life, in 40 years of watching the SB seen such ticky tack PI calls out of the woodwork like that. Never. The SB is famously a let em play game unless egregious. The 2nd PI call was on a ball launched into the first row, similar to Jake Plummer launching a ball to Ashely Lelie back in January 2006 in Denver, with Samuel in perfect inside position on the play in the first place. Flag. First and goal. But, by rule the ball has to catchable. Balls out of bounds that far are not catchable yet the call stood. I can still see Samuel's face. It looked like Sweet Pea Whitaker's in that '93 fight with Chavez when Whitaker dominated the fight and won every round. Just highway robbery.

I can't help you if you can't see this or don't have a good memory going back 15+ years in this league where that stuff simply didn't happen. Or, maybe you're a teenager or early 20s person. I don't know, but I can't help that you've forgotten or don 't pay attention.

Jerseys, tickets sold out in TB, money being shifted away from NE into that new market = MORE MONEY for NFL overall.

It's the story that sells. Goodell sees the NBA making hand over fist even with an AWFUL product (IMO), so he wants that model for the NFL.

Last edited:
I've already explained this. Even the forced Antonio Brown release in 2019 is a Goodell move. But, why with Brown's situation never having changed since 2019, is he on TB and allowed to play? I know what the answer is and so should you.

All these owners ever wanted was to separate the Kraft/BB/Brady trio. Now that Brady is on a different team in a completely different and VERY WEAK NFL market in Florida, it's better for the league. This isn't hard to understand. The league does better if a different team wins the SB every year, especially teams that never have or haven't in a long time. This is a fact based on their financial model.

The SB was an abomination. I've never in my life, in 40 years of watching the SB seen such ticky tack PI calls out of the woodwork like that. Never. The SB is famously a let em play game unless egregious. The 2nd PI call was on a ball launched into the first row, similar to Jake Plummer launching a ball to Ashely Lelie back in January 2006 in Denver, with Samuel in perfect inside position on the play in the first place. Flag. First and goal. But, by rule the ball has to catchable. Balls out of bounds that far are not catchable yet the call stood.

I can't help you if you can't see this or don't have a good memory going back 15+ years in this league where that stuff simply didn't happen. Or, maybe you're a teenager or early 20s person. I don't know, but I can't help that you've forgotten or don 't pay attention.

Jerseys, tickets sold out in TB, money being shifted away from NE into that new market = MORE MONEY for NFL overall.

It's the story that sells. Goodell sees the NBA making hand over fist even with an AWFUL product (IMO), so he wants that model for the NFL.
Oh my. It is worse than I thought.

Last edited:
Oh my. It is worse than I thought.
The truth is worse than you thought? A lot of times children don't like the truth either. They sometimes stick their fingers in their ears.

The truth is worse than you thought? A lot of times children don't like the truth either. They sometimes stick their fingers in their ears.
Your post is word for word what Colts, Steelers and Jetes fans used to say every single time the Pats won a playoff game/SB. Do you realize that?

Back