Week 8 2020. The Bills

I wouldn't say doomed. September was a great month, but October has been dreadful - until the 2nd half vs the Jets. I know, it's the Jets, but something happened and the September Bills almost showed up again. They didn't score a TD although they had 2 called back and one catch that was an easy one, the TE tripped over the white paint in the grass.

The biggest disappointment in Buffalo this year is the Defense. The GM is on the hook right now, having let 2 big pieces go in Jordan Phillips and "Sack" Lawson. Ed Oliver looks terrible. Edmunds has been hampered by an injury and Tre White got his big contract and is laying back. The secondary has not been as opportunistic as in recent years. - until the 2nd half vs The Jets. The belief among the fans is that Coach McD took over play-calling from Leslie Frazier. The same thing happened 2 years ago. The D looked anemic, McD took over play-calling and they came back to life. So, which Defense shows up is the key to the game.

John Brown has been hurt, though he practiced today. Josh Norman did not. Nor did Jerry Hughes, this week's DPOTW. I doubt there's any concern of Hughes missing the game. If I were Daboll, I'd sit Josh Allen down and replay the Dallas game from last year, where he came alive on National TV.

The other missing factor - no 12th man. No Bills Mafia in the stands.

Should be an interesting game.
I was hoping to see you. Always great to have your analysis during Bills week. What a game for you to take firm control of the division. Only 7 games in and you have a chance to pull away from the Pats at least. Not sure about the Fins. We will see how Tua does.

I was wondering what happened to the D so thanks for the insights. I am sure you are aware of our woes starting at QB and then our skill positions. We can run pretty good which will be good for this game given the crazy winds.

How is your rushing attack going? I know Allen has been having a pretty great year despite the losses to the Titans and Chiefs. How do you feel about him?

Interesting game for sure. The Pats are 35-5 vs the Bills since 2000. That's quite a feat. This is a down year for us and the Bills started out like world beaters before Josh Allen got back to being Josh Allen. I don't think a week is long enough to get all the pieces on our team back on track after that sorry effort against SF. It will take a hell of an effort by BB & staff. It's a critical game from the standpoint of winning the conference. Win & there's still ground to make up but lose and we're focusing more attention on next year immediately. The Pats could become sellers in prep for next year. Not just Gilmore but Thuney, too. Lots riding on this game.
Interesting indeed.
you would have to get more than a third for Thuney. You can get a 3 if he walks.

you would have to get more than a third for Thuney. You can get a 3 if he walks.
If we trade Thuney too than our two best players on offense and defense are gone. Man, that is depressing. I would sign Thuney. He is worth a contract. We need to keep some talent heading into next year.

Julian Edelman, N’Keal Harry and and Carl Davis are absent at practice.
Edelman hardly did anything yesterday even though he was there.

BB gonna do JE11 a solid and trade him to TB?
I actually wouldn't mind that one bit. If anyone deserves a shot at a final ring with his brothers it's this guy who gave up his body every game for not much money comparably.

He lives and breathes for his teammates and fans. Let him go shoot for it.

I actually wouldn't mind that one bit. If anyone deserves a shot at a final ring with his brothers it's this guy who gave up his body every game for not much money comparably.

He lives and breathes for his teammates and fans. Let him go shoot for it.
I agree but Edelman would never see the field. The Bucs are stacked at his position with Miller, Watson, Godwin and AB coming. Tampa would never trade for him but if he is released maybe Brady does ask for him just because of the relationship.

I agree but Edelman would never see the field. The Bucs are stacked at his position with Miller, Watson, Godwin and AB coming. Tampa would never trade for him but if he is released maybe Brady does ask for him just because of the relationship.
Yeah Not sure edelman would get much playing time unless something fo a disaster happened. Also not really buying that Tampa insta ring either. Some of those players are still learning how to win.

Report: Julian Edelman ruled out vs. Bills after knee surgery

Fuckity fuck fuck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

And there is a pretty vile forecast for the game, High winds and driving rain apparently.

Fuckity fuck fuck.

Yeah heard some rumors on this. So I guess he already had the surgery then. Might have been a clean up, but not sure how long that keeps someone out.

"
Edelman has been limited all season due to his knee, and a source tells ESPN he is expected to be sidelined for "some period of time." He leads the team with 21 receptions for 315 yards.

The Patriots could also be without receiver N'Keal Harry on Sunday, as he remains sidelined due to a concussion. That would leave the Patriots with just Damiere Byrd, Jakobi Meyers and Gunner Olszewski at receiver, likely leading to the team promoting someone from the practice squad."

Didnt we have a game like this last year when we had like a bunch of rookies out there due to injury? Seems like we did ok, but one thing is it will give Gunner some reps.

Fuckity fuck fuck.

Honestly the way he's playing it's best he rests up and heals up. He looks nothing like himself on the field.

I wouldn't say doomed. September was a great month, but October has been dreadful - until the 2nd half vs the Jets. I know, it's the Jets, but something happened and the September Bills almost showed up again. They didn't score a TD although they had 2 called back and one catch that was an easy one, the TE tripped over the white paint in the grass.

The biggest disappointment in Buffalo this year is the Defense. The GM is on the hook right now, having let 2 big pieces go in Jordan Phillips and "Sack" Lawson. Ed Oliver looks terrible. Edmunds has been hampered by an injury and Tre White got his big contract and is laying back. The secondary has not been as opportunistic as in recent years. - until the 2nd half vs The Jets. The belief among the fans is that Coach McD took over play-calling from Leslie Frazier. The same thing happened 2 years ago. The D looked anemic, McD took over play-calling and they came back to life. So, which Defense shows up is the key to the game.

John Brown has been hurt, though he practiced today. Josh Norman did not. Nor did Jerry Hughes, this week's DPOTW. I doubt there's any concern of Hughes missing the game. If I were Daboll, I'd sit Josh Allen down and replay the Dallas game from last year, where he came alive on National TV.

The other missing factor - no 12th man. No Bills Mafia in the stands.

Should be an interesting game.
I was actually joking, we usually always post something like that when a thread like this pops up. I am of no illusion that the Pats will win on Sunday but I do think it will be a tight contest.

Back