Week 8 2020. The Bills

What is your favorite Bucs forum that you go to?
Never been to one. Thats others on here gigs. I have been to one other teams board and that was KC after the 2018 afc title game. I was just asking what average is, maybe you can tell me. That page I linked was from NBCboston by the way. am I allowed to go there?

Never been to one. Thats others on here gigs. I have been to one other teams board and that was KC after the 2018 afc title game. I was just asking what average is, maybe you can tell me. That page I linked was from NBCboston by the way. am I allowed to go there?
:wink:

I just discovered the GIF thingy above...there's no need for emojis now! Weehaw!

pew pew dancing GIF

Ummm....What is average to you, or better yet, which is QB is not being average this year?

Ironically, Josh Allen was AFC Offensive Player of the Month for October. I just looked, actually and Allen and Brady are next to each other in most stats.

Yes. Definitely. We've got to make some moves soon. Now, perhaps. Edelman has been killing himself out there trying to play on that knee, but he's been MIA outside of one game. A shell of himself.

I'd throw J.J. Taylor into your mix, too. He lit a fire in the offense when we were struggling against the Raiders. That kid wants it and he's got speed.

Far as Harry goes, he just doesn't look like the same guy he was in College. He made some incredible catches there and he just isn't dynamic at anything except maybe blocking.

He took a huge H2H shot a few weeks back and he just hasn't looked all there since to my eyes. That hit looked 10X worse than the one that he took last Sunday. I'm concerned he might have some chronic issues and he'll never become what he could have been. He'll flash ability now and then, but.......maybe it's neurological issues.

Bottom line is that patience is great, but at some point I have to give up the ghost. I'm climbing off my N'Keal Harry soapbox and admitting he doesn't appear to be the answer. Great kid, but he just can't help us get going and it is time to find somebody besides James White who is a dependable producer.

BTW, I heard and read that Asiasi was a plus blocker with advanced route running skills and great hands all summer long and yet he hasn't had a single target. I haven't seen any reasonable speculation on why that is the case, so If you hear anything on the Coconut Telegraph then please share it here. I think we all expected he'd be a contributor, at least and many beat guys predicted he'd be a key to the offense.

Oh, and Jakob Johnson is one of the worst FBs I've ever seen. He's brutal, I've seen him throw a few big blocks, but he doesn't belong on an NFL field due to frequently whiffing on blocks and below-average instincts, speed and skill. I know we had a bad break with the FA we acquired opting out, but I just can't understand why Johnson gets as many snaps as he does. He's killing us out there.
Forgot about JJ Taylor. He's another one who can add speed at his position.
Regarding Asiasi, I haven't heard anything. He's an enigma to me. For as many snaps as he's getting, one might think he'd be noticed once in a while.
You don't really want to know how bad Izzo and Asiasi have been as all around TEs. I'll give info as gently as possible - Dalton Keene has only played a handful of snaps and he's our highest ranked receiving TE per PFF with 1 target and 1 reception.
Dalton Keene. 75th ranked, 0 catches
Ryan Izzo. 82d ranked, 6 catches
Devin Asiasi. With 0 catches, doesn't show up at all.
As pass blocking TEs, Izzo and Asiasi rank 10-15th. Not bad.
As run blocking TEs, Izzo ranks 55th and Asiasi is 38th.

Jakob Johnson ranks next to last for FBs with decidedly negative grades all around. Of the FBs listed I only recognize 2 names, Kyle whatshisface with SF and Chandler Cox with Miami. Talk about a position going extinct!

Last edited:
Forgot about JJ Taylor. He's another one who can add speed at his position.
Regarding Asiasi, I haven't heard anything. He's an enigma to me. For as many snaps as he's getting, one might think he'd be noticed once in a while.
You don't really want to know how bad Izzo and Asiasi have been as all around TEs. I'll give info as gently as possible - Dalton Keene has only played a handful of snaps and he's our highest ranked receiving TE per PFF with 1 target and 1 reception.
Dalton Keene. 75th ranked, 0 catches
Ryan Izzo. 82d ranked, 6 catches
Devin Asiasi. With 0 catches, doesn't show up at all.
As pass blocking TEs, Izzo and Asiasi rank 10-15th. Not bad.
As run blocking TEs, Izzo ranks 55th and Asiasi is 38th.

Jakob Johnson ranks next to last for FBs with decidedly negative grades all around. Of the FBs listed I only recognize 2 names, Kyle whatshisface with SF and Chandler Cox with Miami. Talk about a position going extinct!
Rookie TEs typically suck. Nature of the position.

We probably wouldn't be in this situation if we had drafted one good TE since 2010 to prepare for Gronk's exit.

I'm big on Allen and have been since the 1st year. He was a young QB on a young team and you could see the chemistry with the players develop. Even though he was a project, the Dallas game last year was when we started to see the pay-off. The downside is that it looks like he gets frustrated if he doesn't have early success and that was apparent vs Tennessee and KC. The other thing is it looks like Daboll had a leash on his running, until this week, he finally started using his legs again.

As for our Rushing game, there is no rushing game. Singletary hasn't been as electric as last year and Rookie Zack Moss has only seen limited touches with no real success but the line, which is pass blocking better than in years cannot open a hole on the run.

I'm not so pumped to see NE losing as much as I am seeing TB be average. I think he should have just retired instead of trying to pull a Peyton, but I have enjoyed the Tampa Tom a lot this year
I would imagine Allen will be running this Sunday. I am hoping Cam does too. I also hope we come out with more energy and will in this game. I am fearful the team may have lost hope on the season.

It's funny that you talk about being sad seeing the Pats lose. I am happy for the Bills. I would much rather see your team do well than the Fins or Jets. Although the Fins may have something cooking with Tua. We'll see. They are right in the mix for the division.

It was very difficult seeing Tom leave. I am happy he is doing well Tampa. He would not have been able to have much success here with our offense so it's nice to see him lighting it up in Tampa with Gronk. Definitely helps ease the pain of the Pats season.

You may not have been here enough to know that talking about TB with even the most mild critical comments of fact or opinion is "the batsignal". It's like walking past a yard with a ferocious & yappy dog. 😄
Or saying a player who just won NFC player of the month is playing average this year does not really make sense. But hey lets say silly things like you did instead of you know....looking at facts. Or gasp.....talking about actual football instead of just constant taking shots at someone.

Ironically, Josh Allen was AFC Offensive Player of the Month for October. I just looked, actually and Allen and Brady are next to each other in most stats.
Ok, but how does that mean that you consider that average? Just a question...

I'm enjoying the off year. And Newton may sign for 10 or 15

:smilies-11117:

I was looking forward to the unknown this year as well. No expectations. It's fun to watch kind of a new team. I am pretty chill about the losses. After the 6 superbowls, a bad year isn't a big deal. The Patriots have a TON of cap space for next year, so there is a lot to look forward to.

I expect Cam will improve greatly.

Back