Week 8 Gamete Thread - Chargers

Maybe so, but if he is going to remain the OC, destroying his confidence certainly won't help. The game is not played on paper or in video rooms. They help a lot, but there is a play clock. The decision has to be made quickly enough to relay it to the players to get set and get the play off. Look at my history, I was sad when McD did not go to Indy. I will call him out (like I am anybody), when I think it is deserved, but as long as he is the OC, like you say to a player, have a short memory.
I agree, but I think can just see his mind going into a pretzel in these situations as it unfolds.

I also don't like how he subs a back to tip off a playcall. It's been an enormous flaw of his for years. I don't buy that only certain RBs can be taught how to block or catch well. I saw em do it in college, they can do it here. He has this issue where he wants it to be so perfect and have these match up advtantages, which is fine, but not to the point of abandoning the simple playcall where you're asking your OL or WRs to roll up their sleeves and block or throw (or pass) out of a formation that isn't obvious.

Like those annoying Bolden 3rd and 1s? Throw playaction out of it, use Bolden to chip or scoot out into the flat for a pass and let him juke an LB in space.

All coordinators make mistakes as it's part of the gig, but he has some headscratching moments and they always seem to be when he over-thinks a situation.

I also don't like how he subs a back to tip off a playcall. It's been an enormous flaw of his for years.
This i agree with 100% it is maddening. it was a killer in 07 especially where had the pats been able to run decently, 42 might have been different. but...i've never been able to figure out if it is just part of the "rbc" approach or what. it's better when there's a faulk or white...then it isn't as predictable.

Josh is like any of us, not perfect in what we do.
When he calls a series of plays and they don't go well that stands out.
But I think that he is one of the best OC/play callers in the NFL.
Most of the time when a play doesn't work, it's poor execution by one or more of the players, not the play that is called.
I'm sure that even at this stage, Mac has the option to check out of a play depending on what he sees at the LOS. He will get better at that as he goes along.

This i agree with 100% it is maddening. it was a killer in 07 especially where had the pats been able to run decently, 42 might have been different. but...i've never been able to figure out if it is just part of the "rbc" approach or what. it's better when there's a faulk or white...then it isn't as predictable.
Brutal. I did notice balls going to Stevenson and Taylor so far this year, and Bolden, so I like that. I realize the 2 rookies need some confidence and rhythm, but I wouldn't stop doing it. This offense can be very dangerous if defenses can't sniff out what the play is.

I do think the obsession with which RB does it the best did hamper them at times and stall drives because Ds simply knew what the play was off of that.

^Namecalling. We shall see how the moderators handle it.

BB handled it as well as he possibly could have. The ego explosion is all on Brady.

Per Tom Curran after the Atlanta SB, the family went up to Brady and basically said "oh, it's time to milk this for all it's worth". I had it all along. Brady changed after meeting Giselle and he wanted to be like MeBron in the NBA. BB saw it, thought Brady's postseasons from 2007-2012 weren't good, which they weren't, dribbling out 14-17 points per game with all world weaponry on offense, and BB set out to fix Brady. And, he did. He scared him silly.

The question is, why is Brady so obsessed with himself and his brand over being one of the guys? You'd have to ask Brady why he changed.

How is Brady's self importance or ego obsession with Giselle in tow, making less than Giselle, somehow BB, the team or the fans' problem? Care to explain that?

I LOVE the way BB handled it by drafting JimmyG in 2014 to curb Brady's ego and scare him for his job and help the team win 3 more SBs, while carrying a primadonna in Brady and keeping it quiet so no one outside the locker room really knew. I suspected, but didn't know the details of it all. Why did a legendary QB look like a deer in the headlights in the postseason and why was he throwing 45 times from a shotgun every week predictably so? To chase states for media attention jealous of Manning and Brees? Hmm.

Brilliant leadership of our team from BB managing the ego, where usually when a high profile player's ego explodes on other teams, it destroys the locker room. BB was ready to walk from Brady after 2017 and turn to JimmyG. Brady whined, Kraft agreed and they send him to an extension in 2018 and 2019.

Are you new to following this league?

His personnel decisions over the past few years have been good. Adrian Phillips outplayed Jamal Adams last year and he's doing it again this year, for example. Try to keep up.

Just because you missed how BB built 2 dynasties with a slow, methodical strategy doesn't mean he made poor personnel moves. If you don't understand basic economics and finance, doesn't mean you're smarter than BB. You don't know more than BB, nor do I.
Brady didn't play in this game.

All Grogan did was defend himself and explain why he was critical of BB's recent personnel moves; Brady came up only tangentially.
And, I answered with my take with his misinformation. The person who introduces it is the one. Mazz did it, Grogan does it. Like I said, there are very few troublemakers here.

Quick side note: The team stayed behind after the game on Sunday. I thought this was interesting and I bet BB used it as a Halloween night team bonding moment. Afterall, BB loves the holiday.

Apologize in advance if this has been mentioned. I just don't recall when he's done that before in the past.

Back