We're on to Cleveland

Another former Browns general manager -- Mike Lombardi (also a former Patriots personnel executive) -- told Bill Simmons on a podcast Thursday that the Patriots goofed in not snatching up Pryor. Lombardi was in New England when they worked him out in September.

"We blew it," Lombardi said, repeating himself five times. "The league often gives you a chance to be great and if you don't talk advantage of it, it's your own fault and that was one of those times we didn't take advantage of it in New England, clearly."

He went on to say, "It was all right there in front of us and we didn't make the right decision at that point, but that's life. You move on."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/ind...wns_terrelle_pryor_real.html#incart_big-photo
Those comments seem waaay over the top from Lombardi. A chance to be great with Pryor? Really? The guy has started 12 games in his 4 years in the league with 9 Tds to 12 picks and has been cut by three teams. Unless they saw him exclusively as a receiver but even then he is unproven at that position thus far.

Those comments seem waaay over the top from Lombardi. A chance to be great with Pryor? Really? The guy has started 12 games in his 4 years in the league with 9 Tds to 12 picks and has been cut by three teams. Unless they saw him exclusively as a receiver but even then he is unproven at that position thus far.

Pryor was seen as a receiver and the Pats would have signed him except that his hamstring was still an issue and it was already mid-September last year.

Pryor was seen as a receiver and the Pats would have signed him except that his hamstring was still an issue and it was already mid-September last year.

He's been making Norman his bitch today.

good for pryor, i like those longshot stories.. iirc he was with hue in oak as a qb.

I can get as irrational and superstitious as the next. I believe this thread jinxed us today and can continue into next week. I propose someone start a "Now we're on to Cleveland Thread" then lock this and forget it.

Cheers, BostonTim

good for pryor, i like those longshot stories.. iirc he was with hue in oak as a qb.

Yup...

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

I can get as irrational and superstitious as the next. I believe this thread jinxed us today and can continue into next week. I propose someone start a "Now we're on to Cleveland Thread" then lock this and forget it.

Cheers, BostonTim

And they call me a conspiracy nut...:rolleyes:

Cheers, BostonTim

I'm all for this. No more feeling sorry for any opponent, regardless of their record or degree of suckitude. Even if they aren't playing NE.

Take no prisoners. With TMFB back this week, the stakes are raised, and we're all in.

Back