What Has Become So Expensive That It's No Longer A Good Value?

Cartier is one of those designers, yes. Rolex and Patek are others. Breitling is a wannabe. Omega and Tissot are comparable to Breitling for less money.
I have a Rolex that I haven't worn in 25 years bc it loses 5-6 minutes every 24 hrs; it's been calibrated many times but still keeps terrible time. It's in a drawer
and now I wear a Fossil Carraway watch I bought on Amazon for less than $150. Keeps time perfectly and looks and feels great.
I don't wear a watch all the time (no pun) but when I do it's this one.

men_s_tag_heuer_formula_1_chronograph_stainless_steel_watch-1-19621564-hxc6e5254a.jpg

Cartier is one of those designers, yes. Rolex and Patek are others. Breitling is a wannabe. Omega and Tissot are comparable to Breitling for less money.
I have a Rolex that I haven't worn in 25 years bc it loses 5-6 minutes every 24 hrs; it's been calibrated many times but still keeps terrible time. It's in a drawer
and now I wear a Fossil Carraway watch I bought on Amazon for less than $150. Keeps time perfectly and looks and feels great.

Carraway-watch.jpg
My younger son is into watches. In addition to his Cartier, he also had acquired a vintage Hamilton, and a Hublot. The Hamilton is his everyday watch, the others are for special occasions.

My daughter's jewelry store sells Citizen watches. She'd give me one if I wanted but I don't wear them. I just don't care for jewelry or watches.

Oh, and duh... olive oil!

Back