What's NASA Hiding?

I'm confused. So when I read your post and ignore the content focusing on the structure instead... do I know I know that you have no idea what a paragraph is or how to use it or do I just think I know that? :coffee:

So when I read your post and ignore the content focusing on the structure instead... do I know that you have no idea what a paragraph is or how to use it or do I just think I know that? :coffee:

You think you know that.

A web forum post is more akin to a conversation than a piece of literary work.

Conversations include pauses to assist in the listener grasping the point far in excess than what is done is stylistic writing.

All one has to do is look at the number of times people have misunderstood another's post because they focused on the initial idea of the sentence/paragraph, and failed to understand what followed.

Treating these posts like conversations, with additional pauses, improves the odds that my meaning will be understood.

I agree something was there.

What exactly is "otherworldly" about this?

QUOTE]

You should try viewing some of the other documenataries regarding this incident- the actual testimonies of the people who saw the object fly silently over their heads........and it blocked out the stars in the process. I'll try and find one tonight and post it.

You should try viewing some of the other documenataries regarding this incident- the actual testimonies of the people who saw the object fly silently over their heads........and it blocked out the stars in the process. I'll try and find one tonight and post it.

Like this?

12-kanizsatriangle.jpg

I may be wrong but can you see the white triangle? if so you are seeing something that does not exist.

As I recall, there were no triangles involved in the Phoenis lights incident, they all described a huge "V" shaped craft, it blocked out the stars as it passed over.

What?

Why do you leap to the conclusion that it's ET in a space craft?

What data do you have to rule out any other possibility?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KdIdDpJYSOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

By now I'm getting a handle on a few things, such as your views on flawed human perception, what constitutes reasonable evidence, etc., etc. Points taken. You don't leap before you look. I get it.

I like the Phoenix Lights case and found it interesting. I don't really know how to respond to your question "what data do you have to rule out any other possibility". I looked at the lights (that clip isn't the best), the way they were arrayed and listened to multiple witnesses including the governor of Arizona at that time state various descriptions of the object-- that it was a "gigantic" object estimated to be between several football fields in area up to several times larger than Camelback Mountain, solid in appearance (i.e. "blocked out the stars" as it passed between the observor and the night sky), dark in color, that it that silently and horizontally crossed the Phoenix valley and it had a row of evenly-spaced lights along the edges forming a perfect triangle.

Now, it would be a simple matter to pick nits with, say, the variations between various observers describing it's apparent size, but not everybody was directly beneath it or equidistant from it and some people are naturally more conservative than others when estimating things....blahbedyblah blah.

It's a fact that this object was witnessed by a HUGE number of people and the reports were remarkably consistent as to the most important point-- that something massive and completely inexplicable (unless you call it a UFO) was there on that night over 10 years ago.

Now, I heard it debunked as "flares" and that is both absurd and insulting to the people who watched it for since flares cannot travel horizontally for 300 miles or remain in perfect triangula formation and have a distinctly different appearance in the type of light they present. I could go on, but you get my point.

So, you've heard my view. It can't be flares and it can't be a conventional aircraft because there isn't anything ever manufactured by humans that big or capable of flying silently. Too big to be a hoax, in fact a hoax is impossible in this instance. It was seen over several states.

Please just tell me what you think it is. The governor himself admitted that it was an alien spaceship and he was looking right at it. In fact he described it as "otherworldly", but maybe you can straighten him out and we can send him an e-mail.

I'm not interested in semantics debates or observational lessons about invisible white triangles, but rather what a person such as yourself percieves such an object to be. It was SOMETHING, so what was it?

As I recall, there were no triangles involved in the Phoenis lights incident, they all described a huge "V" shaped craft, it blocked out the stars as it passed over.

The optical illusion was my whole point.

Did the people actually see an object, or did they think an object was there based on what in the background was blocked?

Just as in the optical illusion, there is no solid white triangle, there is only the three black packman figures and the three v's.

It is the relative position of the "missing parts" that makes you think there's a white triangle.

The optical illusion was my whole point.

Did the people actually see an object, or did they think an object was there based on what in the background was blocked?

Just as in the optical illusion, there is no solid white triangle, there is only the three black packman figures and the three v's.

It is the relative position of the "missing parts" that makes you think there's a white triangle.

I understand your little triangle deal. But get it correct - you were not there to witness this event, many hundreds of other people were..... I will choose to believe them, not your efforts to try and belittle what occurred.

By now I'm getting a handle on a few things, such as your views on flawed human perception, what constitutes reasonable evidence, etc., etc. Points taken. You don't leap before you look. I get it.

I like the Phoenix Lights case and found it interesting. I don't really know how to respond to your question "what data do you have to rule out any other possibility". I looked at the lights (that clip isn't the best), the way they were arrayed and listened to multiple witnesses including the governor of Arizona at that time state various descriptions of the object-- that it was a "gigantic" object estimated to be between several football fields in area up to several times larger than Camelback Mountain, solid in appearance (i.e. "blocked out the stars" as it passed between the observor and the night sky), dark in color, that it that silently and horizontally crossed the Phoenix valley and it had a row of evenly-spaced lights along the edges forming a perfect triangle.

Now, it would be a simple matter to pick nits with, say, the variations between various observers describing it's apparent size, but not everybody was directly beneath it or equidistant from it and some people are naturally more conservative than others when estimating things....blahbedyblah blah.

It's a fact that this object was witnessed by a HUGE number of people and the reports were remarkably consistent as to the most important point-- that something massive and completely inexplicable (unless you call it a UFO) was there on that night over 10 years ago.

Now, I heard it debunked as "flares" and that is both absurd and insulting to the people who watched it for since flares cannot travel horizontally for 300 miles or remain in perfect triangula formation and have a distinctly different appearance in the type of light they present. I could go on, but you get my point.

So, you've heard my view. It can't be flares and it can't be a conventional aircraft because there isn't anything ever manufactured by humans that big or capable of flying silently. Too big to be a hoax, in fact a hoax is impossible in this instance. It was seen over several states.

Please just tell me what you think it is. The governor himself admitted that it was an alien spaceship and he was looking right at it. In fact he described it as "otherworldly", but maybe you can straighten him out and we can send him an e-mail.

I'm not interested in semantics debates or observational lessons about invisible white triangles, but rather what a person such as yourself percieves such an object to be. It was SOMETHING, so what was it?

I don't think there was an "object".

There were lights and people assumed that these lights were on an object.

I don't think the observers had any good idea how big the "object" was, because they didn't have a good idea how far away it was.

Stop and think, you see a light, and a dark spot, you don't hear anything. How do you know how far away it is?

Judging range of an object, with the naked eye, from a single position, is not an easy thing.

People always try to find patterns in random things, that's why Jesus, Mary, Elvis, etc. has "appeared in potato chips, tree bark, etc. They will look at random stuff and figure out it is actually an image of X.

That's what I think happened here.

BTW, looking at the video I posted, those look exactly like a pattern of flares dropped by an aircraft.

If we assume that in the initial view, the aircraft is flying mostly towards the observer, but slightly to the viewers left, and then makes a turn to fly mostly perpendicular to their view and dropped parachute flares, it would look exactly like that.

I understand your little triangle deal. But get it correct - you were not there to witness this event, many hundreds of other people were..... I will choose to believe them, not your efforts to try and belittle what occurred.

I'm not "belittling" anything.

I'm pointing out the limitations of any observation.

I'm pointing out how there is a difference between what someone observes, and what they say they saw.

Reporting your conclusion instead of your observation doesn't mean the person is stupid, wrong, delusional, or any other adjective. It simply means they're human.

That's what people do, it's basic human behavior.

Tell me, if there were multiple witnesses who identified John Doe as the guy who raped a woman, and DNA evidence showed that he didn't, would you say that the guy who did the DNA test "wasn't there to witness the rape" and that claiming the witnesses were not correct in their identification was "belittling"?

I doubt it.

In that case, I suspect you'd accept that the eyewitnesses made a mistake and what they reported they saw turned out not to be what actually happened.

So why is it so far beyond the pale to question the eye witness reports here?

I'm not "belittling" anything.

I'm pointing out the limitations of any observation.

I'm pointing out how there is a difference between what someone observes, and what they say they saw.

Reporting your conclusion instead of your observation doesn't mean the person is stupid, wrong, delusional, or any other adjective. It simply means they're human.

That's what people do, it's basic human behavior.

Tell me, if there were multiple witnesses who identified John Doe as the guy who raped a woman, and DNA evidence showed that he didn't, would you say that the guy who did the DNA test "wasn't there to witness the rape" and that claiming the witnesses were not correct in their identification was "belittling"?

I doubt it.

In that case, I suspect you'd accept that the eyewitnesses made a mistake and what they reported they saw turned out not to be what actually happened.

So why is it so far beyond the pale to question the eye witness reports here?

Oh please.

1. Hundreds of people (at least) witnessed something inexplicable to them.
2. You didn't.
3. I have no idea what they saw/witnessed.
4. It's origin could have been from Area 51.
5. it's origin could have been from elsewhere.
6. I don't think they all had a mass hallucination.

Sorry if I am a little testy tonight, but I am sickened over what happened today in Ct.

Oh please.

1. Hundreds of people (at least) witnessed something inexplicable to them.
2. You didn't.
3. I have no idea what they saw/witnessed.
4. It's origin could have been from Area 51.
5. it's origin could have been from elsewhere.
6. I don't think they all had a mass hallucination.

Sorry if I am a little testy tonight, but I am sickened over what happened today in Ct.

Where did I say anyone "hallucinated"?

When you look at the optical illusion and "see" the white triangle, are you "hallucinating"?

No, you're just doing the mental construction process I've mentioned numerous times.

I am absolutely certain that the people in Phoenix also performed that mental construction process, for the simple fact that everyone does it, all the time.

They think they saw "an object", but all we really know is that they saw lights and they saw stars blocked.

From this they concluded there was an object, but we have no way of determining if there really was an object or if it was simply a similar process as what takes place in the optical illusion.

Where did I say anyone "hallucinated"?

When you look at the optical illusion and "see" the white triangle, are you "hallucinating"?

No, you're just doing the mental construction process I've mentioned numerous times.

I am absolutely certain that the people in Phoenix also performed that mental construction process, for the simple fact that everyone does it, all the time.

They think they saw "an object", but all we really know is that they saw lights and they saw stars blocked.

From this they concluded there was an object, but we have no way of determining if there really was an object or if it was simply a similar process as what takes place in the optical illusion.

There are plenty of documentaries on YouTube with the witnesses and their observations, you may want to check them out. I recall some of those witnesses indicating they could clearly see the shape of the huge "V" wing.

I'm done arguing this with you, have a great evening & weekend.

Wow. By now I would have thought this would be about alien sechs. Tentacles and lizards from sci fi and such.

0015ba9f_medium.jpeg

Yeah but since most of us first got to know here in Firefly, where she played a human "companion", my first reaction isn't that she would be alien sechs.

If I was going to post an image for "alien sechs" from V, I'd go with this.

laura-vandervoort_86878.jpg

Back