What's the deal with WEEI

Bacdoc

Reaction score
I don't listen often because I can only handle so many bitter people in one day. But I figured today was safe because of Patriots opening day. All they seem to be capable of talking about is the same Manny bogus trade rumors they were talking about 2 days ago. Nothing's changed, and the callers are all saying the same thing. I mean, really, who gives a crap about Joe from Medford, and his dumb ass idea for a trade that will never happen?

How about some Patriots talk????

Bacdoc said:
I don't listen often because I can only handle so many bitter people in one day. But I figured today was safe because of Patriots opening day. All they seem to be capable of talking about is the same Manny bogus trade rumors they were talking about 2 days ago. Nothing's changed, and the callers are all saying the same thing. I mean, really, who gives a crap about Joe from Medford, and his dumb ass idea for a trade that will never happen?

In due time bro.....in due time. Accept the fact that this a baseball town first, Pats second. which isn't that bad considering it used to be, Sox, Celts, Bruins and then Pats.

:banghead:

That has been my problem with them for years. It really is asinine. They defend themselves by saying it is what the callers want to talk about. :rolleyes: BE hosts, give the show some direction.

I think it would be great if some radio station would do a play by play from training camp.

Bacdoc said:

Boston will always be a "Red Sox-first" town. Just accept it and look forward to SB title # 4.

On top of being a Sox first town, WEEI is driven by the callers and fans. Take a look through the Sox thread and look at the reactions on here. They're mild at times compared to most of Sox nation, and WEEI is just going to take that and run with it. Personally, I can't stand it. Seems the majority of Sox fans just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch and be miserable about. Take it from someone who came from a place with ZERO pro sports, we've got it great here. A team that's been competitive for several years, a curse finally broken, a lead in the AL East (granted precarious at best), and a team that tends to make things fun.

Even with all that, I have to listen to countless callers bitching because Manny is worthless, Terry has no clue what he's doing, Theo's a moron, Bellhorn just plain sucks, and more. All this about a team that just won it all.

reading these posts makes me glad I'm a non-fan of baseball. ;)

If Manny was happy and didn't jog to first base all the time.

If the SOX were in first by a comfortable 7 games.

If Renteria could field.

If Millar could hit ONE line drive.

If it wasn't baseball's farcical trading deadline.

If francona had hair.

You MIGHT have heard some Pats talk today.

I have not listened to 'EEI for a couple of months now and I'm a much more relaxed person because of it. It's not sports radio, its who can shout louder than the other about the same stale issue for weeks at a time. There is no real sports talk.

It's too bad because it used to be a great station. Now it's not even tolerable.

It's Manny, all the friggin' Manny time. Except for a brief respit this morning, with Dale and Hobby (I think it was Ron Hobson) this morning, at training camp. That was pretty good.

Steve1 said:
It's Manny, all the friggin' Manny time. Except for a brief respit this morning, with Dale and Hobby (I think it was Ron Hobson) this morning, at training camp. That was pretty good.

You gotta love Ron Hobson!

PatsWin2002 said:
You gotta love Ron Hobson!

I respect and enjoy him more than just about any other Patriot's observer. He has been on the beat for quite a while, from when, I'm not sure, the 60's maybe.

But what a great voice, sense of humor, and all-around demenor.

Steve1 said:
I respect and enjoy him more than just about any other Patriot's observer. He has been on the beat for quite a while, from the when, I'm not sure, the 60's maybe.

But what a great voice, sense of humor, and all-around demenor.

I agree.

I miss Dick Radatz on baseball for many of the same reasons.

It doesn't get any better than that....Hobson, Mannix, Radatz

Radatz lives on in spirit.....

Jesus H Christ, imagine him talking about this Manny Saga of the century hehehe......."Why doesn't he just SHUT up, put on his uniform, and give praise to God that he plays for the Best fans in baseball....What more can he ever ask for.......I don't know what he's thinking about....I'll tell you one thing, if this was going on back in My day (hehe), we'd show him the door, the Hard way. He wouldn't last another day in the clubhouse....yada yada yada.....

Bacdoc said:

You listened at the wrong time, the 10 to 2 show was almost all-Patriots. Unfortunately the rest of the shows are hosted by lowest common denominator yahoos.
Just the way it is. The day after the Denver MNF win in '03 where we pulled a win out of nowhere (something you could talk about for weeks) all they could talk about was the Red Sox even though it was the offseason.

Steve1 said:

Radatz lives on in spirit.....

Jesus H Christ, imagine him talking about this Manny Saga of the century hehehe......."Why doesn't he just SHUT up, put on his uniform, and give praise to God that he plays for the Best fans in baseball....What more can he ever ask for.......I don't know what he's thinking about....I'll tell you one thing, if this was going on back in My day (hehe), we'd show him the door, the Hard way. He wouldn't last another day in the clubhouse....yada yada yada.....

OMFG.......you, Steve1, are Radatz!

WEEI is the flagship radio station of the Boston Red Sox.

This caller driven crap is absolute BS.

The host spend the first 45 minutes of each show doing a monologue that sets up the topics. Then the producers pick and choose among which calls are going to get on the air.

I can't tell you the number of times I have called in to talk soccer and have been disconnected......it's crap

No, I finally figured out why WEEI and other radio dont talk patriots or football in general.

Its because they are ignorant. Just like I am. Its a hard subject as it is and getting info,especially from the likes of a BB, isn't going to happen.

Baseball what do they talk about?
Manny this Manny that. Money. And who should bat where. Oo real hard. It's easy and the common man can do it.

Even in Footabll season you get what? Just Mondays on the Patriots. Even baseball still sneaks in.

It is true Boston is also a red sox town.

Benign Despot said:
WEEI is the flagship radio station of the Boston Red Sox.

This caller driven crap is absolute BS.

The host spend the first 45 minutes of each show doing a monologue that sets up the topics. Then the producers pick and choose among which calls are going to get on the air.

You are so right about That one.

Okay, yes it's easier to talk about Manny, and any other stupid subject, because even the lowest common denominator (me? NO damnit hehe) can be part of the converstation.

But please, I am SO sick of one of those self-absorbed weei "hosts" saying to a caller, something like, "THAT is what you want to talk about? How (insert either: 1. Bill Mueller made a heck of a play at third base; or maybe 2. Who do you think the backup qb will be on the Pats?),

and friggin' Ted "I am the most knowledgable person imaginable" Sarandis or Dale "I am so incredulous that you would even bring up that topic now, and yes I am a fag" Arnold comes back with: "That is what is on your mind, when the big story is not Bill Mueller or Doug Flutie, but it is Manny Manny Manny Manny? I'm wondering (says Sarandis or Arnold), what goes on in your head? My Gosh, you are a waste of a caller hehehe..."

Anyway, if you can follow that, you can see that YES, I believe that craphead Pete "beat me" Shepard, and some of his cohorts, have an agenda (to bring up ratings, honesty and thoughtful conversation be damned).

Fug weei

I hope manny stays, and hits another 30 homers (reg. season and playoffs/w.s.) combined

Back