What's the scoop with tight pants?

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
Annihilus has been wondering this for quite some time now and figured that this was as good a place as any to ask:

Why do women wear tight pants?

Annihilus has noticed many many times that quite a few ladies like wearing tight pants (at work, while shopping, taking a walk, etc.). Not many guys wear tight pants because, well - you know, it's not very comfortable on the package.

But it's not just the package - tight pants are just not comfortable at all, whether you have a package or not.

Ladies - please correct Annihilus if he's wrong, but why wear the tight pants? Because they look good? Does this make up for the fact that they are uncomfortable?

Make no mistake - keep on wearing the tight pants! Annihilus just had this one question is all.

I'm long past being a "Tight Pants" wearer.

But I think younger women wear them because Madison Avenue tells them that men find tight pants sexy. And for some women, that's reason enough. And for others, being sexy is their only career option in life.

This is the same reason why women wear stiletto heels.

No person in their right mind would otherwise wear heels like that.

The same reason women wear friggin heels, and low-cut tops, and short-shorts. And it sure as hell ain't because theyr'e comfortable.

It's a mating ritual.

And I would like to say, that I haven't worn a pair of "really" tight pants since the 80s, when just about all jeans were tight. And I have NEVER owned a pair of pants that I had to lay down to zip up. :shake:

I believe you can still be attractive while being comfortable at the same time. Proof... At the Bears draft party I was wearing jeans (not tight), a Michigan T-Shirt (not tight, but small. But I'm small :p ) and a Patriots 2003 AFC champions hat and I was told by one guy that I was sexy. Too bad I was there with the hubby because this guy was a friggin hottie drool.

But women who spend hours dolling themselves up should be charged with false advertisement. Because the product does not look like that half the time. :shake:

Ok, a sample group of two is probably going to have to work for this one.

Followup question:

Why do married and/or otherwise attached females wear tight pants if they are at work and their spouse doesn't work there?

Is that the whole career option thing, Alice? Maybe this is a question that is not answerable in black and white.

Oh well, anyway...thanks for the feedback gals! This question popped into Annihilus's head a few days ago and he just remembered it.

Annihilus said:
Ok, a sample group of two is probably going to have to work for this one.

Followup question:

Why do married and/or otherwise attached females wear tight pants if they are at work and their spouse doesn't work there?

Is that the whole career option thing, Alice? Maybe this is a question that is not answerable in black and white.

Oh well, anyway...thanks for the feedback gals! This question popped into Annihilus's head a few days ago and he just remembered it.

Because they want men to look.

mgoblue101415 said:
But women who spend hours dolling themselves up should be charged with false advertisement. Because the product does not look like that half the time. :shake:

Which is the reason why most people have sex in the dark ;)

mgoblue101415 said:
Because they want men to look.

Okay, that's a little simplistic.

Some women just want men to look, to show off what they have.

Others wear such things to get men to look because it helps their self-esteem. They wear something like that, men look or comment, and the woman feels better about herself.

And another reason, sadly, is that's what the fashion industry puts out there. Sometimes you don't have a choice. Like when you have to go to 50 different stores just to find a pair of jeans that isn't flare. :banghead: Sometimes it's hard to go against the trend.

Annihilus said:
Followup question:

For some women, I'm sure it just becomes a subconscious adherence to "style."

But there are ways to be stylish without being provocative.

Sometimes it's also a matter of "class." The higher the level of socioeconomic class, the less likely a woman is to dress that way. If she does dress that way, she manages to do so with great taste. So much so, that you're not thinking, "Boy are those pants tight," as much as, "Wow, what a body."

Regardless...a woman who is dressing provocatively is, either consciously or subconsciously probably looking for male attention. Whether they're looking for serious attention from men who aren't their husbands (as opposed to simply needing the casual admiration of men who aren't their husbands) is impossible to say.

For some of these women, they may indeed be "job searching." They could be dissatisfied with their current employer.

from a male point of view, very few women wear tight pants that should. It sounds sexist and it is BUT I am being honest.

Mikiemo83 has told his wife to dress comfortable and her favorite pants are now overalls, which when worn on the right person are very sexy. She was happy when I expressed my thoughts on the "tight fitting jeans" as conway twitty sang, not as happy as I was because I was talking about her friend not my wife so the conversation came up innocently. My wife didn't wear pants too small and look good in them when the pants were a little tight, she is a triathlete and very naturally built.

I see it as the mating ritual, but 1 that is out dated, look around and see all the people, male and female, wearing clothes because of style that are just not flattering to their body type.

Look at all the young girls dressing in these half shirts with tight low fitting pants that just shouldn't. My neice is a little heavy (freshman 15) and refuses to purchase new cloths. she looks dumpy not attractive and its great she is proud of her body but also leave something to the imagination.

sorry for the rant but her dad and I had this discussion on the golf course monday and he was wondering how to bring up the subject, his wife is a b!tch 1st class with issues of her own, poor guy and she is to busy trying to be a socialite to pay attn

FallingAlice said:
This is the same reason why women wear stiletto heels.
Here's a question that I have: What is the difference between stiletto heels and regular high heels. My wife doesn't wear high heels so she claims she doesn't know (although sometimes she just says that when she doesn't feel like talking). Personally, I like the clear high heels, but without the big platforms on the front.
________
RS125R

mikiemo83 said:
from a male point of view, very few women wear tight pants that should. It sounds sexist and it is BUT I am being honest.

That's not sexist. It's true. Hell, some women are wearing tight pants simply because they've gained 20 lbs. and haven't bothered to go out and buy new clothes.

Do you ever watch "What not to wear?" It's all about people like that.

dchester said:
Here's a question that I have: What is the difference between stiletto heels and regular high heels. My wife doesn't wear high heels so she claims she doesn't know (although sometimes she just says that when she doesn't feel like talking). Personally, I like the clear high heels, but without the big platforms on the front.

From Questia:

stiletto heel
n.
A high heel on women's shoes that is thinner than a spike heel.

From Wikipedia:

Stiletto heel
The stiletto heel can be found on the heels of shoes and boots. Generally speaking, this kind of heel is one that looks like a narrow point, appearing as a spike coming from the footwear. Stilettoes can vary in length, some are only an inch off the ground, while other more exotic shoes can have much longer heels. These types of heels are strongly inter-related to shoe fetishism and boot fetishism. These heels can exude a sense of sexual strength and control over a situation or individual, especially ones predisposed with a fetish. On the reserve side, these heels also can represent a sense of danger, as being so small, could create danger standing up for the girl wearing them. It provides an all-powerful yet delicate sexual complex that could be one of the driving factors in various shoe and boot fetishes.

dchester said:

Stilettos are a VERY thin heel and hard to walk in...

Stiletto
high_heels-thumb.jpeg
Regular
heels.jpg

mgoblue101415 said:
Stilettos are a VERY thin heel and hard to walk in...

Stiletto
high_heels-thumb.jpeg
Regular
heels.jpg

Hey, I like that black heel with the white "piping."

Where did you see those?

mikiemo83 said:
of course not but I should be on it, someone counted 32 work days with patriots on my clothing some place

Hmmm...yes, this is not a good sign. It could limit your upward mobility.

Of all the "reality" self-improvement shows, I think What not to Wear is the one I enjoy the most. But the hosts can be really mean if the person is "resistant" to change.

They've had men on that show before.

Man, I would love to have $5K for a shopping spree in NYC and a spa treatment.

FallingAlice said:

Regardless...a woman who is dressing provocatively is, either consciously or subconsciously probably looking for male attention. Whether they're looking for serious attention from men who aren't their husbands (as opposed to simply needing the casual admiration of men who aren't their husbands) is impossible to say.

For some of these women, they may indeed be "job searching." They could be dissatisfied with their current employer.

can you imagine Fusion reading this and heading to the Mall, stopping the ladies with a:

"Pardon me Miss / Ma'm, by chance are you 'Job Searching' today? I believe I see a Red Lobster yonder. Care to join me in some Aztec Chicken so we can get to know each other better?"

RoadGrader said:
can you imagine Fusion reading this and heading to the Mall, stopping the ladies with a:

"Pardon me Miss / Ma'm, by chance are you 'Job Searching' today? I believe I see a Red Lobster yonder. Care to join me in some Aztec Chicken so we can get to know each other better?"

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I'm sorry, but I think that for the rest of my natural life, I will forever link the phrase "cheap date" (and all its possible connotations and permutations) with good ole fusion.

Back