Which iPhone should I go with?

Reaction score
So my iPhone 3G has essentially crapped the bed at this point, and I'm in line for an upgrade through AT&T.

My options are an iPhone 3GS for $9.00 or an iPhone 4 for $99.00. Obviously, there's a decent price difference there, and as a broke grad school student, I'm inclined to think about saving an extra $90 here and there. Still, getting either phone comes with a 2-year contract, so I'd hate to be stuck with a phone in a year or two that's archaic when maybe I should just bite the bullet right now.

What say you all? Is it worth it to spend the extra money, or do you take the cheap option whenever you're offered a deal as sweet as that?

Yea, 4, because you're stuck with it for two years.. you should get the best option.. It comes down to dollars a month difference if you spread it over the 24 months.

Get the one that can run that new app they've got.

It's really cool. It let's you actually talk to someone using your voice of all things. :coffee:

So my iPhone 3G has essentially crapped the bed at this point, and I'm in line for an upgrade through AT&T.

My options are an iPhone 3GS for $9.00 or an iPhone 4 for $99.00. Obviously, there's a decent price difference there, and as a broke grad school student, I'm inclined to think about saving an extra $90 here and there. Still, getting either phone comes with a 2-year contract, so I'd hate to be stuck with a phone in a year or two that's archaic when maybe I should just bite the bullet right now.

What say you all? Is it worth it to spend the extra money, or do you take the cheap option whenever you're offered a deal as sweet as that?

HTC Desire works for me. Oh, wait.... :LOL:

Get 4. Just make sure to not grab it the wrong way or your call will drop. :coffee:

iphone4-holding.jpg

i work for verizon and the 3g vs 4g area coverage is a main issue you need to consider today and into the future. at&t has recently purchased some other having strong 4g network carriers because they have become very lax in that moving forward telephony network structure. the 4g network structure gives you the highest bandwidth distance and speed as well. i understand that droids these days have some apps that w7 smartphones do not. but if you are a student and need some intrinsic windows office, outlook, etc. capabilities for school one of the nice new verizon options is the htc trophy for many reasons and i know many new customers that are loving them these days. there is a new W7 os upgrade coming in sept - oct timeframe that is suppose to have many more features and apps too. i am not here to sell anyone anything but just wanted to provide some input on this to a grad student only.

Check Amazon for cases. They usually sell those dirt cheap instead of shelling out 20-30 bucks from a regular store. That's highway robbery.

i work for verizon and the 3g vs 4g area coverage is a main issue you need to consider today and into the future. at&t has recently purchased some other having strong 4g network carriers because they have become very lax in that moving forward telephony network structure. the 4g network structure gives you the highest bandwidth distance and speed as well. i understand that droids these days have some apps that w7 smartphones do not. but if you are a student and need some intrinsic windows office, outlook, etc. capabilities for school one of the nice new verizon options is the htc trophy for many reasons and i know many new customers that are loving them these days. there is a new W7 os upgrade coming in sept - oct timeframe that is suppose to have many more features and apps too. i am not here to sell anyone anything but just wanted to provide some input on this to a grad student only.

I'm actually on a family plan with AT&T, so while I'm in school, I'm probably just going to stay on that until I've got some stable job.

I think (but I'm not positive, you would probably know better) but to opt out of my AT&T contract at the moment would probably run me a decent sum. I should be out of grad school soon though, and as a teacher, the programs/capablities that you're talking about would probably be beneficial. I'd be interested in hearing about Verizon at that point.

Back