Which side and where should I sit at my first NFL game? (Gillette Stadium)?

KevinSB

Reaction score
Im planning to go my 1st NFL Game this September. New England Patriots vs. NY Giants. I just wanna have n awesome time during my vacation, so why not going to a game of the Patriots?! ;). Currently there are only seats in the 300's left. Which areas are the best named below and why?

E.g. there are still seats available in section: 305, 306, 307, 308, 310, 311, 312, 313

336, 334, 333, 328, 327

Usually the seats are pretty high up > rows 20+. Which is my next question, are the rows 1-15 better than those 15+ ?

I know this is a lot of information, but I just wanna have a great 1st game. Hopefully someone can help me here ;)

Thx a lot guys!

September? Shady side. You can fry in the sun. Last five on your list imo. Front ones are better, but there all a long way off and their all not too bad imo.

Yeah alright. Thx for your input so far. The game is on the 3rd of September, so it is early in the season.

Does it make a difference wether I sit on the west or east concerning the atmosphere?

Yeah alright. Thx for your input so far. The game is on the 3rd of September, so it is early in the season.

Does it make a difference wether I sit on the west or east concerning the atmosphere?

There's actually air on both sides. :coffee: ;)

That's the final preseason game, and a night game. The sun won't be a factor. The lighthouse end is usually the quickest exit towards most of the lots.

That's the final preseason game, and a night game. The sun won't be a factor. The lighthouse end is usually the quickest exit towards most of the lots.

You know, I could have looked that up. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

You guys don't make my decision easier :p

What do you think about the tickets on stubhub. com or seatgeak. com?

So you never had any problems with it and I can be mostly sure to get legit tickets?

BTW I am still open for any advice to my initial question about the best section for the game. ;)

So you never had any problems with it and I can be mostly sure to get legit tickets?

BTW I am still open for any advice to my initial question about the best section for the game. ;)

It's really a matter of personal preference. I've been sitting in the same seat since the stadium opened (in the 200's), so I can't give a great perspective.

In the 300's, the 1st 8 rows are much closer to the field than the rest of the rows. That's because the rows hang out over the luxury boxes. Also, it's a long walk up to the 300's. There's no way to avoid it.

Since it's the final preseason game, it's also the least popular. Typically, the stadium will start out 3/4 full and start to empty out in the 3rd quarter. Also, I wouldn't pay above face value for a preseason game. If the asking prices are high right now and you're willing to wait until it gets closer, then you should be able to get the tickets cheap. If you're wondering what's face value, the pats website has the prices. As an example, my tickets in the 200's are $57 for that game.

The official Ticketmaster Exchange doesn't offer tickets for this game. I would have rather bought tickets there :p

The official Ticketmaster Exchange doesn't offer tickets for this game. I would have rather bought tickets there :p

I wonder if there's any one here on the planet who has learned to live without PS #4? Wonder if the Mods would let you put up a dedicated thread "Looking for tickets, Preseason 9/3 " ?

Cheers, BostonTim

FWIW, I have had seats in the first row of the 300's and also the very back row and, yes, it's a major difference in terms of distance from the field.

Having said that, I didn't mind the back row seats that much in terms of actually watching the game. I did get the sense that I could see the "coach's view" and I could see the pattern of a play develop a bit better than had I been sitting in the lower bowl, so it's not like a disaster to be halfway up the 300s in my opinion. It can be tough to ID players on the other team and on your own side, I imagine, in a preseason game with extra bodies around but there is a certain beauty to it, imo.

As Bideau pointed out it is one hell of a climb up there and after a few trips down and back to get refreshments or hit the men's room your legs will feel it, so you might decide, as I did, to skip on the nine-dollar beers and just watch the game. Folks that are nervous about heights tend to freak out about the steepness and it is quite steep.

I like it, but if you don't I wouldn't sit up there.

I've driven down from Canada three times now. I've used Stubhub twice and Vivid once. No problems at all. I've always chosen 'instant download' tickets though, to avoid potential mail issues.

Unless the policy has changed, preseason tickets cannot be put up on the ticket exchange by season ticket members.

I wonder if there's any one here on the planet who has learned to live without PS #4? Wonder if the Mods would let you put up a dedicated thread "Looking for tickets, Preseason 9/3 " ?

Cheers, BostonTim

I don't know about other season ticket members, but I have never sold tickets to anyone I didn't know and trust 100%, and there are some people I know very well and wouldn't trust them at all. Unless we go through the exchange, we are responsible for the behavior of the people using our tickets.

Some others may not be as cautious.

This is a preseason game! By the cheapest seats you can find and then make your way to to the lower bowl. Chances are the stadium will not be half-full.

Back