Which WR would you like to see them add? Which one WILL they?

Which WR would you like to see them add? Which one WILL they?

• They will add Vincent Jackson.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They will add Torry Holt.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JD10367

Reaction score
Just wondering, with so many names thrown out. Made it multiple-choice and public.

What's wrong with the guys we got?

As it was earlier this year, Edelman couldn't get on the field, and Taylor couldn't even make the active roster. How will we know if Taylor was worth the third round pick if he can't see the field.

What's wrong with Tate, Welker, Edelman, Hernandez, Gronkowski as base set, with Taylor as 4th WR?

What's wrong with the guys we got?

As it was earlier this year, Edelman couldn't get on the field, and Taylor couldn't even make the active roster. How will we know if Taylor was worth the third round pick if he can't see the field.

What's wrong with Tate, Welker, Edelman, Hernandez, Gronkowski as base set, with Taylor as 4th WR?

Still only accounts for 4 WR's on the roster.

That's light.

I'd like another here just in case of injury. This system isn't the easiest to pick up so you'd like a guy working with the Offense for a while if he's needed.

Still only accounts for 4 WR's on the roster.

That's light.

I'd like another here just in case of injury. This system isn't the easiest to pick up so you'd like a guy working with the Offense for a while if he's needed.

This. I'd like to see Evans, or even Patten or Holt. I don't think they'll add anyone... at least not before the next game. I think they'll see how well guys like Tate and Price do with more WR time, how Edelman is coming along, and--most importantly--if no one gets dinged up in the Baltimore game. But I think, eventually, for depth, they'll have to add SOMEONE.

Although there's always Slater, the Secret Weapon, LOL.

The Patriots list Welker, Tate, Edelman, Price, and Slater at WR yes I know Slater has done nothing thus far other than be a solid ST player.
Yes Hernandez is a WR pretending to be a TE.
Woodhead is very much able to play WR and we may see him do that a number of times this season.
Now on Reserve/Military there are Tyree Barnes 6-0 196 lbs, and Shun White 5-8 195 lbs.
On the PS is Darnell Jenkins 5-10 191lbs and a TE Carson Butler 6-4 260 lbs.
So the cupboard isn't bare.

I voted to let the current guys learn and grow.

btw:

I there a way of making avatars fill the screen in HD?

I'd like to inspect 3/4 of JD's AV in detail. The other 1/4, meh.

The Patriots list Welker, Tate, Edelman, Price, and Slater at WR yes I know Slater has done nothing thus far other than be a solid ST player.
Yes Hernandez is a WR pretending to be a TE.
Woodhead is very much able to play WR and we may see him do that a number of times this season.
Now on Reserve/Military there are Tyree Barnes 6-0 196 lbs, and Shun White 5-8 195 lbs.
On the PS is Darnell Jenkins 5-10 191lbs and a TE Carson Butler 6-4 260 lbs.
So the cupboard isn't bare.

Two interesting points. IIRC Jenkins looked okay in preseason.

Options in the order I'd prefer:

1.) A trade for Lee Evans (highly doubtful it would happen).
2.) Signing of Holt or Patten as the sixth WR (cheap and easy).
3.) Bringing Jenkins off the PS.

I think Holt or Patten, as the sixth WR in numbers, would be a decent step. I really don't want to see an expensive headcase like Vincent Jackson. They could use Tate/Price as burners, Welker/Edelman short, and Holt or Patten as the savvy vet who knows how to make a key catch or convert for a 1st down.

The Patriots list Welker, Tate, Edelman, Price, and Slater at WR yes I know Slater has done nothing thus far other than be a solid ST player. No comfort there.
Yes Hernandez is a WR pretending to be a TE. Still a TE running TE routes.
Woodhead is very much able to play WR and we may see him do that a number of times this season. Really? WR? Let's let him learn all of 3rd down back first.
Now on Reserve/Military there are Tyree Barnes 6-0 196 lbs, and Shun White 5-8 195 lbs. No help there for this season.
On the PS is Darnell Jenkins 5-10 191lbs and a TE Carson Butler 6-4 260 lbs. Jenkins I agree with. All he did was make plays when I saw him at TC.
So the cupboard isn't bare. Not bare. But low.

Still wouldn't hurt to bring in Thomas for a look and see if it's a fit. He's free.

I want to see Wilfork line up in the slot and catch slants across the middle like a boss. Problem solved.

I want to see Wilfork line up in the slot and catch slants across the middle like a boss. Problem solved.

<--- insert pic of Big Vince doing the Heisman stiff-arm here --->

Now that there's room I think it's the perfect situation to bring in someone like Holt who could be a mentor much like Crump is to the young TE's. I really like the thought of Tate learning from someone like Holt

Still wouldn't hurt to bring in Thomas for a look and see if it's a fit. He's free.
Whoever you bring in will be the inactive one, so why bring him in now? I just don't see the need for a sixth WR.

And you can say that Slater is iffy, but we are talking the fifth WR. How many plays do you think the Pats have designed to use Welker, Tate, Edelman, and the TEs as decoys to get the ball to the fifth WR?

Slater makes the 45 as STer. Taylor makes the 45 replacing Moss on active gameday roster.

Anyone you add now either won't be active gameday, or will bury Taylor. What is the point of signing a guy so you can keep your third round draft pick off the field?

Holt was injured, severely I thought, and was released. If there was a chance his injury wasn't severe, I think he would still be here.

Branch's contract would have to be restructured drastically for me to want him here.

I like the idea of seeing what this kid Thomas has going for him.

Holt was injured, severely I thought, and was released. If there was a chance his injury wasn't severe, I think he would still be here.

Branch's contract would have to be restructured drastically for me to want him here.

Yeah forgot about Holt, a knee injury that requires surgery.

Whoever you bring in will be the inactive one, so why bring him in now? I just don't see the need for a sixth WR.

And you can say that Slater is iffy, but we are talking the fifth WR. How many plays do you think the Pats have designed to use Welker, Tate, Edelman, and the TEs as decoys to get the ball to the fifth WR?

Slater makes the 45 as STer. Taylor makes the 45 replacing Moss on active gameday roster.

Anyone you add now either won't be active gameday, or will bury Taylor. What is the point of signing a guy so you can keep your third round draft pick off the field?

I'm not saying take away snaps from Price. I'd LOVE to see this kid seize the opportunity and run with it.

But if you bring in a guy now it's for depth and to get up to speed with a difficult Offense to learn. Are you going to wait until there is an injury and a glaring need?

Thomas could be another Chad Jackson, or he could just need a fresh start. But he cost nothing, and his contract is manageable. Bring him in, give him the playbook to learn, and lethim and Price fight it out for playing time. Hopefully competition will stimulate at least one to step it up.

Thomas could be another Chad Jackson, or he could just need a fresh start. But he cost nothing, and his contract is non-existent. Bring him in, give him the playbook to learn, and lethim and Price fight it out for playing time. Hopefully competition will stimulate at least one to step it up.

FYP. He was cut loose.

I agree, though.

Back