White says Silva will be cut if he repeats UFC 112 performance

Quote from White...

"“I think this guy is incredibly talented, and in the first couple of rounds, he was showing off and doing whatever he was doing, and that’s not what I’m in to. I don’t like it,”

:shrug:

See, this is why I can't be bothered with this sh*t.

I never said White didn't have a problem with the showboating.

I said, that what put him over the edge was when Silva STOPPED FIGHTING!!!

That's why I said, "If Silva knocks him out in the 4th, then this isn't THAT big of a deal!"

I didn't say it wouldn't be a deal at all, I said it wouldn't be as big of a deal as it became.

White didn't like the fact that Silva did all that showboating and then didn't back it up, which is the exact quote I referenced.

The only comment I was making, is that, sometimes White loses sight of the fact that a fighters #1 priority is NOT to entertain the crowd, it's to win. His #2 priority is to not get hurt (so he can fight again), and entertaining the crowd comes someplace after that.

So I think kicking him out of the league would be f*cking stupid, just put him against somebody that can beat him. Let Henderson rematch him like he wants to, I guarantee you that there will be no bullsh*t showboating in that fight.

But, I'm not going to keep arguing with you just for the sake of arguing, it's pointless.

That's why I said, "If Silva knocks him out in the 4th, then this isn't THAT big of a deal!"

I didn't say it wouldn't be a deal at all, I said it wouldn't be as big of a deal as it became.

White didn't like the fact that Silva did all that showboating and then didn't back it up, which is the exact quote I referenced.

The only comment I was making, is that, sometimes White loses sight of the fact that a fighters #1 priority is NOT to entertain the crowd, it's to win. His #2 priority is to not get hurt (so he can fight again), and entertaining the crowd comes someplace after that.

So I think kicking him out of the league would be f*cking stupid, just put him against somebody that can beat him. Let Henderson rematch him like he wants to, I guarantee you that there will be no bullsh*t showboating in that fight.

But, I'm not going to keep arguing with you just for the sake of arguing, it's pointless.

Hendo is in strikeforce now; that wont happen unless silva switches

He stopped fighting to show boat. That mocks fighting. And it sucks to waste money to see that shit.

FIGHT DAMMIT!!!!...

White says he's going to make it up to the fans. I wonder how he plans to do that.

He stopped fighting to show boat. That mocks fighting. And it sucks to waste money to see that shit.

FIGHT DAMMIT!!!!...

I hated the fight and wanted Maia to knock him out in the 5th, don't get me wrong, but the guy has the belt, so put someone in there who can beat him.

I thought Maia was an idiotic choice of opponents, and I'm sure that had to do with White's frustration as well.

White says he's going to make it up to the fans. I wonder how he plans to do that.

Free PPV for starters and pit silva against fedor so we can watch him get his ass kicked.

Yeah, it was a huge mismatch. True.

Not just in skill, but in fighting style. You have a striker going against a guy who is only good on the ground in maia. Maia's fight usually go to the ground, if a guy stands up with Maia, he gets beat like he did against Marquardt. To be one of the best anymore, you really have to be well rounded. the days of the straight BJJ fighter like gracie are over.

Fedor fights around 230ish...Silva could probably go 225 without is really effecting his speed imo

Wow I don't know. He is tall enough but going to 225 might be a stretch, although most of these guys by the time fight time hits are bigger than their weigh in weight, so you might be right. I swear fedor looks bigger than 230, he must have no internal organs in his robot body.

Wow I don't know. He is tall enough but going to 225 might be a stretch, although most of these guys by the time fight time hits are bigger than their weigh in weight, so you might be right. I swear fedor looks bigger than 230, he must have no internal organs in his robot body.

When Silva fights at 205 before he cuts weight he is in the high teens low twenty's. These fighters/trainers have that down to a science.

The corpse of Andre the Giant vs. Jimmy "Supafly" Snooka in a steel cage life match. Watch out for Jake "The Snake" and that crazy powder in Andre the Corpse's corner, he's a tricky one, that snake.

Back