Whitey Bulger Killed in West Virginia Prison - Age 89

It was a set up hit . He dead after less then 24 hours at the prison

My sympathy to all the families of victims that this guy caused. May this give them some small measure of closure.

I heard a person with mafia ties is being investigated in the killing.

Sounds like he was a really nasty piece of work. Is he generally disliked in Boston? The reason I ask is that (often psychopathic) notorious criminals can have a public image that belies the reality.

In his heyday he portrayed himself as the gatekeeper of Southie.

Fact of the matter is he was the cocaine super highway and was directly involved with about 20 murders.

He should have been offed by a surviving family member many many moons ago. Before he made it out on the lam.

Sounds like he was a really nasty piece of work. Is he generally disliked in Boston? The reason I ask is that (often psychopathic) notorious criminals can have a public image that belies the reality.

I think he's disliked and recognized as a sadistic psycho killer, but is recognized as kind of an epic figure. He spent 16 years in hiding at the top of the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list, either as #1 or #2 behind Osama bin Laden.

I think he's disliked and recognized as a sadistic psycho killer, but is recognized as kind of an epic figure. He spent 16 years in hiding at the top of the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list, either as #1 or #2 behind Osama bin Laden.
it was only after we were called out for not knowing where Whity was after the Bin laden capture and kill that they found Whitey.

They let him go into hiding for ratting out others. He ws a fink, and a F'n scumball who did a lot a shady stuff.

they caught him for 20 murders but how many did he order.

In his heyday he portrayed himself as the gatekeeper of Southie.

Fact of the matter is he was the cocaine super highway and was directly involved with about 20 murders.

He should have been offed by a surviving family member many many moons ago. Before he made it out on the lam.

Wow. It's a real travesty of justice that he got to live in freedom for so long.

Wow. It's a real travesty of justice that he got to live in freedom for so long.

Yes, and the FBI agent who protected him was convicted on many charges and should never get out of prison (sentenced to 40 years and he's in his 70's)

Yes, and the FBI agent who protected him was convicted on many charges and should never get out of prison (sentenced to 40 years and he's in his 70's)

And a scary portrait painted in “Black Mass”

Rot.

Cheers

Good riddance to a vile human being, couldn't have happened soon enough IMO.

it was only after we were called out for not knowing where Whity was after the Bin laden capture and kill that they found Whitey.

They let him go into hiding for ratting out others. He ws a fink, and a F'n scumball who did a lot a shady stuff.

they caught him for 20 murders but how many did he order.

Connolly gave him the heads up to get out of town when the indictment was coming, but I'm not sure if Bulger continued to get help while he was living in Santa Monica. I don't remember well now and could be wrong, but I think they finally got lucky and hit pay dirt when someone recognized his girlfriend. I think it had something to do with her helping someone's stray cat.

“A prison source told TMZ that wheelchair-bound Bulger was in general population when three inmates rolled him to a corner out of view of surveillance cameras, beat him in the head with a lock in a sock, and attempted to gouge his eyes out.”

Connolly gave him the heads up to get out of town when the indictment was coming, but I'm not sure if Bulger continued to get help while he was living in Santa Monica. I don't remember well now and could be wrong, but I think they finally got lucky and hit pay dirt when someone recognized his girlfriend. I think it had something to do with her helping someone's stray cat.

you're pretty close. What they did was target his girlfriend who frequented beauty salons and had her teeth cleaned monthly. They pointed out those habits. That was what got him, because their neighbor recognized her. The neighbor was a former Miss Iceland and she collected the 2M bounty too.

Back