Who do you want to play round one of the playoffs?

Who do you want to play round one of the playoffs?

• Bills

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Cincy

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • KC

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
I guess Polian is viewed as a good GM but he seemed to me like a micro managing dick.

Without a doubt and he had strange ideas about smallish defenders on the LOS. He was an arrogant prick. As a radio personality, he's pretty direct and honest - he speaks his mind and it's actually pretty refreshing to hear something other than coach speak.

I'm kinda counting on Cincy still doing "Cincy things" (at least until the prove otherwise) and choke it away. I don't like the match up otherwise.
as for defending KC, seems like early in the game he can flummox them, but eventually the catch on and can score quick.

Burrow is a completely different animal from Dalton. He looks like a killer, so it's not a good match up at all. They have a very dangerous passing game and a very solid running game. They would definitely be the worst match up because there's no familiarity with them whereas Colts, Chargers, KC, Buff etc are all known entities.

iirc manning seemed pissed the one time when the colts were like 13-0 and they benched their starters for playoffs....though it was gross how polian allowed peypey etc. to "start" and threw cheap gimmee passes so they could get records. that part is bullshit. either bench them or play.
Yeah, fuck peypey & Polian. Works for me.

We’ll see. Marvin Lewis isn’t there anymore & BDE Joe Burrow sure isn’t Andy Dalton.

Like most teams they've lost some games they never should have lost. They've been playing well recently.
I would actually like to see them play Cincy.

Burrow is a top 5-6 QB and he has receivers and a good RB and TE. I'd choose the teams we know better, myself.

They are not guaranteed the #1 seed as yet.
stranger things have happened but for sake of "who to play in 1st round" they seem unlikely

Speaking of the Tits, the question there might be if Tannehill does or doesn't puke on his shoes and give the other team easy picks.

As to the replies to my post on Cincy, I don't expect them to choke like I would in the Marvin Lewis/Dalton days, but they still have to prove it, and it could just be a young team not ready yet for the playoffs. Since I want anyone BUT the Chef's to rep the AFC in the superbowl, if it can't be the Pats then Cincy is my next choice.

stranger things have happened but for sake of "who to play in 1st round" they seem unlikely

Speaking of the Tits, the question there might be if Tannehill does or doesn't puke on his shoes and give the other team easy picks.

As to the replies to my post on Cincy, I don't expect them to choke like I would in the Marvin Lewis/Dalton days, but they still have to prove it, and it could just be a young team not ready yet for the playoffs. Since I want anyone BUT the Chef's to rep the AFC in the superbowl, if it can't be the Pats then Cincy is my next choice.
They already lost to the Texans at home this year. I agree, while it seems improbable, the mere fact that they are not guaranteed the #1 seed makes the match-up a possibility and this should have been part of the poll. If only to gauge members' thoughts about the possibility.

Polian actually mentioned that, like him, BB had done it in the past. He didn't say which game but I remember that too.
Was that the 'Matt Cassel throw the 2-pt conversion into the stands' game? Or the 'Run Stephen Jackson 50 times' game?

They already lost to the Texans at home this year. I agree, while it seems improbable, the mere fact that they are not guaranteed the #1 seed makes the match-up a possibility and this should have been part of the poll. If only to gauge members' thoughts about the possibility.
How many fan forums do you belong too troll? Who does that??

From the Dolfins site FinnHeaven.
[IMG alt="Foxx"]https://finheaven.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/data/avatars/m/137/137497.jpg?1641487410[/IMG]

Foxx

Rookie​

JoinedJan 5, 2022Messages1Reaction score0Age58LocationBuffalo NY
Hey all!

Just want to say that, as another poster expressed upthread, I hope you guys beat the *Patriots Sunday

There's a lot of speculation that the Bengals are resting starters and wouldn't mind a loss to the Browns which would set up a Pats-Bengals playoff game.

Seth Walder’s playoff projections: the Patriots are expected to either face the Bengals (41%) or Bills (33%) on wild card weekend.

So, who is the preferred opponent out of those two? There are arguments to be made in favor of both.

The Patriots are quite familiar with the Bills after having played them twice over the last month. On paper, they also appear to match up quite well with them. Buffalo’s individual talent is no joke and a big reason why the team was able to earn a possible division-deciding victory just two weeks ago; quarterback Josh Allen in particular is one of the better QBs in football and a threat as both a passer and a runner.

The Bengals, on the other hand, have not played the Patriots since drafting Joe Burrow first overall last year. Burrow is one of the best quarterbacks in football in his own right and surrounded by one of the better wide receiver trios in the game: Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Add tight end C.J. Uzomah and running back Joe Mixon and you get one of the best offenses in the game. The defense is not on the same level as the Pats but they are capable of making game-changing plays.

Cincinnati already said they are not playing Burrow. We might very well get to see Burrow the following week.

There's a lot of speculation that the Bengals are resting starters and wouldn't mind a loss to the Browns which would set up a Pats-Bengals playoff game.
Enter Rodney. "THEY DON'T RESPECT US...THEY'RE THROWING A GAME BECAUSE THEY THINK WE ARE WEAK AND THEY WANT TO PLAY US!"😄

Back