Who would you like the patriots to trade for?

tmede212

Reaction score
Who would you like the Patriots try to trade for? If possible

I know in the past they made moves for Randy Moss and Corey Dillon.
They got Randy for a 4th rounder. They gave up like nothing for Blount and They gave a 4th for Talib. All those player were troubled players with upside and talent.

I keep hearing people talk about "oh Pats should trade for Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson"...
That would never happen in a million years. Those guys have huge contracts and the pats would almost have to give up a lot to acquire either of those guys.

Honestly i wish the pats would just traded Mallet for Josh Gordon in this past season.... Josh Gordon seems pretty legit young play-maker no matter who was at QB for the lowly Browns...

Who would you like the Patriots try to trade for? If possible

I know in the past they made moves for Randy Moss and Corey Dillon.
They got Randy for a 4th rounder. They gave up like nothing for Blount and They gave a 4th for Talib. All those player were troubled players with upside and talent.

I keep hearing people talk about "oh Pats should trade for Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson"...
That would never happen in a million years. Those guys have huge contracts and the pats would almost have to give up a lot to acquire either of those guys.

Honestly i wish the pats would just traded Mallet for Josh Gordon in this past season.... Josh Gordon seems pretty legit young play-maker no matter who was at QB for the lowly Browns...

Problem with Gordon is that he is on his last warning, he fails another drugs test and he's suspended for a year, he has to toe an incredibly fine line, Gordon is a good player and just what we are looking for at WR in terms of pure ability, but I doubt that the Browns would simply give up Gordon for Mallet. I also think that the Pats and BB would be extremely wary about a guy who they could lose for a whole season if he messes up.

If the Browns believe that Mallet is their QB for the future then surely they'd want a guy like Gordon as a target. If Gordon can put up 1600+ yds and 9 TDs with the game of musical chairs that is the Brown's QB situation then they'd probably like to see what Gordon could do with Mallet as his QB.

Problem with Gordon is that he is on his last warning, he fails another drugs test and he's suspended for a year, he has to toe an incredibly fine line, Gordon is a good player and just what we are looking for at WR in terms of pure ability, but I doubt that the Browns would simply give up Gordon for Mallet. I also think that the Pats and BB would be extremely wary about a guy who they could lose for a whole season if he messes up.

If the Browns believe that Mallet is their QB for the future then surely they'd want a guy like Gordon as a target. If Gordon can put up 1600+ yds and 9 TDs with the game of musical chairs that is the Brown's QB situation then they'd probably like to see what Gordon could do with Mallet as his QB.

Never doubt, Mike Dumbardi.

All this talk about Josh Gordon reminds me to write a post I meant to write back when he was rumored to be available. I didn't want him bc I felt like we already had a guy like him on the roster - Mark Harrison.

Gordon was a revelation this past year. He turned out to be a very good WR after being a supplemental draft pick in 2012 following a year out of football and a marijuana conviction. Yet everyone who knows him says he's a shy, humble kid and a great team mate. He's also 6'3", 225 lbs and pretty fast. Most scouts compared him to TO but with soft hands.

Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting wrote this for Patriots Insider in July, 2012.

The long awaited Pro Day of this year's Supplemental Draft top prospect, Josh Gordon, came and went today at the Houston Texans facility. Gordon faced a lot of pressure at this Pro Day. Over 20 teams were in attendence to see his workout. Remember, he had no 2011 season, no Combine, no All-Star, and overall very little to go off of besides 2010 film and sparingly appearing in Utah practices. But Gordon failed to disappoint.

Workout Numbers, according to Adam Caplan of SidelineView.com:

6'3, 224 pounds
4.52 forty yard dash
36 inch vertical leap
10'1 foot broad jump
13 reps on the bench press

RELATED: Check out Josh Gordon's Scouting Report Here

Among players 6'2 or taller at the NFL Combine, only 5 ran a faster forty yard dash: Michael Floyd (4.47), Stephen Hill (4.36), Tommy Streeter (4.40), Derek Moye (4.48), and Marvin McNutt (4.50). Also note that this is based on just one reported hand time, not a mix of six hand/electronic times. His vertical jump put him at 10th among NFL Combine participates, but still higher than Streeter, Rueben Randle and Brian Quick.

Two highly touted second round picks had the following numbers:
Rueben Randle: 6'3, 210, 4.55 forty, 31 vert, 10'1 broad, 15 bench reps,
Brian Quick: 6'3, 220, 4.55 forty, 34 vert, 9'11 broad, 15 bench reps

RELATED: Check out Josh Gordon's Background Via Baylor, Utah Football Staff Members

Along wiith that, Gordon was able to finish all routes during his workout despite pulling his left quadriceps. And Adam Caplan again reports that Gordon did not drop a pass in any of the drills.

Read the rest of Galko's notes here (Gordon's Pro Day)

Eric Galko is a contributing NFL scout for Patriots Insider and Scout.com.
http://nwe.scout.com/2/1201399.html

Here are Mark Harrison's Combine numbers compared to Gordon's.
Harrison/Gordon

Measurements
Height: 6'3" / 6'3"

Weight: 231 lbs./ 224

Arm Length: 35" / 33.4"
Wingspan: 85.5" / 82"

Hand Size: 9.625"/ ?

Combine Results
40-Yard Dash: 4.46 / 4.52
10-yd split: 1.56 / 1.57

Bench Press: 17 reps / 13 reps at 225 lbs.

Broad Jump: 129" / 121"

Vertical Jump: 38.5" / 36.0"

20-Yard Shuttle: 4.33 / dnp [torn quad]

60-Yard Shuttle: 11.72 / dnp

Three-Cone Drill: 6.99 / dnp

In every category above, Harrison wins. In fact, since 2005 there have been only FOUR WR prospects to weigh in at 224 lbs or heavier, run sub 4.50, jump at least 37″ and broad jump at least 10’5″. Those four receivers were Calvin Johnson, Jonathan Baldwin, Matt Jones and Mark Harrison. Now those numbers don’t have any bearing on NFL success, but it goes to show the type of rare athleticism Harrison possesses.

What Gordon has over Harrison is very soft hands. It's up Harrison to develop the kind of soft hands Gordon has. What Harrison has over Gordon is superior athleticism. The potential is there. Both have been compared often to Brandon Marshall of the Bears.

[Matt Jones was drafted by the Jags in 2005. He quit football in a sad story of cocaine addiction after 2 years in the league.]

I'd love to add SS Kam Chancellor from the Seahags. I want a big, hard hitting Strong Safety.

He's finishing his fourth year so may even be a free agent in a few weeks. Or he may be in the last year of his contract and easier to trade for. That is unless Seattle has already extended him.

I'd love to add SS Kam Chancellor from the Seahags. I want a big, hard hitting Strong Safety.

He's finishing his fourth year so may even be a free agent in a few weeks. Or he may be in the last year of his contract and easier to trade for. That is unless Seattle has already extended him.

He signed a five year deal in 2013 worth 35 million.

BB/Caserio needs to be finding out how the Shechix find all of their diamonds in the rough. Specifically the defensive side. They're loaded with depth!

Broken foot while training.

Should not be too much of a setback then. I am anxious to see him, you have mentioned him quite a bit and I have faith in your judgement on players. It would be nice for sure to have a guy with size and physical ability.

What about Carolina's SS Michael Mitchell? (who is an UFA, I believe) -- so not really relevant to a trade thread.

Back