Why couldnt Marino ever get it done in the playoffs?

babalu87

Beer....... proof that God loves us
Reaction score
Drum dumb certainly tries to make Brady look like a stiff but for all the records that Mr Isotoner has he never got it done in the playoffs, Why?

Drum dumb speak:
Brady had defenses
Brady had Adam kicking game winners

babalu speak:
Marino had defenses ranking 1,7,4,10 and 1 during his time in Miami
Marino had Pete Stoyanovich, a kicker in Adams league but dan never got him in position to win
Why did Marinos numbers fall so quickly after 1992?

Marino certainly has some impressive numbers
Then theres that ugly little button called playoffs, click it just for fun:
385 687 4510 YDS 32 TD 24 INT 56.0% 77 QB rating
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwe

Lets click Bradys playoff button............. just for fun OK?
372 595 3954 YDS 26 TD 12 INT 62.5% 88.0 QB rating
NOW THATS A TASTY BURGER

Oh, and Dandy Dan with that big ole arm of his
The same 6.6 YPC as Brady

Hey drum dumb :thwak::thwak::thwak::thwak::thwak::thwak::thwak:

Dan was good at preying on bad teams, good one's not so much.

8 - 10ROFL

simple, Dan wanted to toss the rock and defenses adapted to it while Brady likes handing it off.

another thing is I do not think the Dolphins were the brightest - I mean both Dan and Don Shula- the patriots talked openly about playing the Phins and the audibles would be the same game in and game out allowing defenses in the playoffs to know what the Phins were trying to do.

oh and one more thing Dan was as calm as my stomache after eating 15 tacos from tacobell

simple, Dan wanted to toss the rock and defenses adapted to it while Brady likes handing it off.

another thing is I do not think the Dolphins were the brightest - I mean both Dan and Don Shula- the patriots talked openly about playing the Phins and the audibles would be the same game in and game out allowing defenses in the playoffs to know what the Phins were trying to do.

oh and one more thing Dan was as calm as my stomache after eating 15 tacos from tacobell

Kinda, see the difference is, brady would hand off 50 times if it meant winning. Brady takes what the defense is doing, marino could be looking at 2 guys in the box and would try to fit it in, its kinda of like favre in a way, its exciting sometimes but it does not make for great success. If you play back on brady he will carve you up all day, he does not care, its patience, its one of the best things a Qb can have. Dan did not have that.

The game slows down for some guys when under pressure. For Marino, it moved at light speed. He's like a girl with a nice body but has a face like a side of beef. Montana was a complete quarterback and knew how to win. Marino had an arm...big whoopie. He couldn't slow the game down when it mattered and that's why he'll always be known as the all-time choker. ROFL

OK then..."Bab a Blew ya" Im looking at the numbers you posted and your trying to convince everyone includung yourself you dumb fvcking shit that somehow Tom Brady is better than Marino...the greatest pure passing QB in NFL History ...says the HOF

Lets break this down Brady

Games
18 Marino (+1)
17 Brady

Completion
385 Marino (+13)
372 Brady

Compl. Pct
56.0%
62.5% Brady (+6.5%)

Attempts
687 Marino (+92)
595 Brady

Yards
4510 YDS Marino ( +556)
3954 YDS

TD Passes
32 TD
26 TD
Interceptions
24 INT Marino (+12)
12 INT

QB Rating
77.0 Marino
88.0 Brady (+10)

The only thing Brady has over Marino is throwing 12 less INT's ...wich only takes 10.0 from QB rating because Marino outplayed Brady in TDs, Yds & Completions...

And the sad part is...not only Marino was facing extrordinary pass defensive schemes to stop his great poassing arm....Marino threw the ball with more success all over the lot...and Brady sat in his typical 3 step drop & 4 yard passing game most all 17 games against defenses that said just give him all that underneath stuff !!!

LMFAO!!!

OK then..."Bab a Blew ya" Im looking at the numbers you posted and your trying to convince everyone includung yourself you dumb fvcking shit that somehow Tom Brady is better than Marino...the greatest pure passing QB in NFL History ...says the HOF

Lets break this down Brady

Games
18 Marino (+1)
17 Brady

Completion
385 Marino (+13)
372 Brady

Compl. Pct
56.0%
62.5% Brady (+6.5%)

Attempts
687 Marino (+92)
595 Brady

Yards
4510 YDS Marino ( +556)
3954 YDS

TD Passes
32 TD
26 TD
Interceptions
24 INT Marino (+12)
12 INT

QB Rating
77.0 Marino
88.0 Brady (+10)

The only thing Brady has over Marino is throwing 12 less INT's ...wich only takes 10.0 from QB rating because Marino outplayed Brady in TDs, Yds & Completions...

And the sad part is...not only Marino was facing extrordinary pass defensive schemes to stop his great poassing arm....Marino threw the ball with more success all over the lot...and Brady sat in his typical 3 step drop & 4 yard passing game most all 17 games against defenses that said just give him all that underneath stuff !!!

LMFAO!!!

Yeah brady faced no team trying to stop him. LOL, yeah marino just has 10 lesspoints in Qb rating and 12 more ints in 1 more game, gee how could that affect anything. ROFL

Oh & Yes Brady had a better QB rating...but breaking it down...who wouldn't playing that pussy ball he plays..."Dink & Dunk" stuff...

Oh & Yes Brady had a better QB rating...but breaking it down...who wouldn't playing that pussy ball he plays..."Dink & Dunk" stuff...

Yeah throwing 12 more ints and having 10 less in Qb rating not to mention alot less in coletion pct means nothing for wins and losses. Idiot. I mean after all brady played no teams that were trying to stop his passing.:rolleyes:

Yeah throwing 12 more ints and having 10 less in Qb rating not to mention alot less in coletion pct means nothing for wins and losses. Idiot. I mean after all brady played no teams that were trying to stop his passing.:rolleyes:

Brady never faced defensive schemes Marinio faced ... thats a fact..& they were also 2 complety differant offenses, Brady ran a high percentage short passing game... and Marino flung the ball all over the yard with great accuracy & success...

Midgar...10 pts in QB rating is close to nothing...INT's are bad & Marino still completely outperformed Brady...

Look at the differant in these 2 identical sinerio's & QB rating ...1.7 point differant and the one up top completely outperformed the bottom with 1 more completion - 40 more yards and 1 more TD and better compl. %

Pass Thrown: 31-40 yds. 3-11-167-27.3% - 2td - 1Int - 80.9
Pass Thrown: 41 + yds. 2- 8-128-25.0% - 1td - 1int - 79.2

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=1428&sYear=2005

Marino played "throw and blow". ROFL

Cleat do you still have the smell of urine all over your face from the 17 years of Dan Marino pissing all over Patriot Nation and making a great name for himself ?

You sure sound it !!!

Cleat do you still have the smell of urine all over your face from the 17 years of Dan Marino pissing all over Patriot Nation and making a great name for himself ?

You sure sound it !!!

Didn't the Patriots beat Marino in the playoffs dumb dumbROFL

New England Patriots 31 at Miami Dolphins 14
Sunday, January 12, 1986

New England Patriots 31, Miami Dolphins 14
1 2 3 4 Final
New England Patriots (14-5-0) 3 14 7 7 31
Miami Dolphins (13-5-0) 0 7 0 7 14

NWE MIA
NWE Tony Franklin 23 yard field goal 3 0
MIA Dan Johnson 10 yard pass from Dan Marino (Fuad Reveiz kick) 3 7
NWE Tony Collins 4 yard pass from Tony Eason (Tony Franklin kick) 10 7
NWE Derrick Ramsey 1 yard pass from Tony Eason (Tony Franklin kick) 17 7
NWE Robert Weathers 2 yard pass from Tony Eason (Tony Franklin kick) 24 7
MIA Tony Nathan 10 yard pass from Dan Marino (Fuad Reveiz kick) 24 14
NWE Mosi Tatupu 1 yard rush (Tony Franklin kick) 31 14

Passing Rushing Receiving
Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD
Craig James NWE 22 105
Robert Weathers NWE 16 87 1 2 1
Tony Collins NWE 12 61 3 15 1
Stanley Morgan NWE 2 30
Tony Eason NWE 10 12 71 3 3 -7
Derrick Ramsey NWE 3 18 1
Mosi Tatupu NWE 6 9 1 1 6
Passing Rushing Receiving
Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD
Dan Marino MIA 20 48 248 2 2 1
Tony Nathan MIA 2 4 5 57 1
Joe Carter MIA 6 56
Bruce Hardy MIA 3 52
Mark Duper MIA 3 45
Mark Clayton MIA 3 41
Ron Davenport MIA 3 6 3 23
Joe Rose MIA 1 10
Nat Moore MIA 1 10
Dan Johnson MIA 1 10 1
Woody Bennett MIA 1 2

Copyright © 2000-2008 Sports Reference LLC. All rights reserved.

A Sports Reference Site: About

Didn't the Patriots beat Marino in the playoffs dumb dumbROFL

The Patriots had a few good games ... everyone does...look even the Dolphins 3rd stringers won a game last year...

It looks like Marino owned the Pats except when it mattered most, the playoffsROFL

The Patriots had a few good games ... everyone does...look even the Dolphins 3rd stringers won a game last year...

Miami was the defending AFC Champion that year.

The Patriots snuck into the playoffs as the last Wildcard.

Miami got EMBARRASSED at home.

Hey DRUM DUMB

They
Have
The
Same
YARDS PER COMPLETION @ 6.6 you silly bastard

You sure sound it !!!

Marino won something? I don't think so. You might be smelling the urine from me laughing so hard I pissing myself everytime I hear you call Marino "the Greatest". ROFL

Hey DRUM DUMB

They
Have
The
Same
YARDS PER COMPLETION @ 6.6 you silly bastard

Who the fvck cares ...are you frigin kidding...6.6 YPA when your comparing 60,000+ yards to 25,000 yds of passes...your the reason why people say stats can be minipulated...& mean nothing...thats how you use them to argue...thats not accurate in the least...

Stupid for ever 1000 yards of 10yd dink & dunk passes Brady threw Marino probably threw 3,000 yds of 10 yd dink & dunkers...with that said "Dick for Brains" for every 1,000 yds of 20+ passes Brady completed Marino problably threw 10,000 yds od long balls...

Back