Why did they give Kobe, Gasol's MVP trophy?

Well....

That depends.

If you want him to get hit by a bus because he's a disgusting human being, and possibly/probably a rapist, no.

If it's just because he beat your team, then yes.

Is both an answer?

Come on man, he shot like 30%, he was terrible, making two FT's gives you MVP? Thats stupid.

He struggled heavily in that game and they wouldn't have been in it if it wasn't for Odom, Artest, and Fisher. But at the end of the game Kobe stepped up.

He struggled heavily in that game and they wouldn't have been in it if it wasn't for Odom, Artest, and Fisher. But at the end of the game Kobe stepped up.

Offensive rebounds was the killer, and the 3 by fisher was huge, but that silly foul to give kobe 3 free throws was horrid.

People's recollection of the defensive play by both sides during this series is going to quickly fade into oblivion. The reason there is no clear-cut offensive MVP in this series is because the D was incredible.

Kobe's the most popular and recognizable player in this series and his team won. That's it, end of story on this.

Ron Artest's defense of Paul Pierce for most of the series MAY have been the most valuable contribution by a Laker but until last night, he was embarrassingly awful offensively. Gasol had a very good series but he would have had to have completely dominated the entire series (he only did so in spurts) to get the nod. In the end, I don't really have a problem with the Kobe decision. Certainly no other player was "more" valuable.

Why did they give Tom Brady Adam Vinatieri's MVP?

If it's ever close, they're going to go with the big star every time. Especially in the NBA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the MVP awarded for the whole series, and not just for game 7? It's entirely possible he still would have gotten the MVP even if the Celtics won game 7.

If it's ever close, they're going to go with the big star every time. Especially in the NBA.

Ummm, I would think a QB who plays the entire game is probably considered more valuable than a kicker who plays in 3 plays a game. So bad example. Unless a kicker kicks 10 fg's and accounts for all the points and makes a game saving tackle on special teams, they are not ever going to be the most valuable of the game.

ohsnap128588072401705986.jpg

I stand correct. NOW the flame war has begun.

ROFL

ohsnap128588072401705986.jpg

I stand correct. NOW the flame war has begun.

ROFL

It was a silly example. Yes the Qb who was in on 70 plays, or the kicker who had 3 kickoffs and a fg. Remember people, Most valuable does not mean only valuable. If were giving out MVP's to kickers, than I would think the kicker would have to account for all the points, like Adam did in the colts playoff game against the ravens,.:coffee:

It was a silly example. Yes the Qb who was in on 70 plays, or the kicker who had 3 kickoffs and a fg. Remember people, Most valuable does not mean only valuable. If were giving out MVP's to kickers, than I would think the kicker would have to account for all the points, like Adam did in the colts playoff game against the ravens,.:coffee:

Impressive. You managed to work a defense of Tom Brady AND a subtle jab at Peyton Manning all into the same post about the relative importance of QBs and kickers.

:clap:

Hey, at least we beat the Ravens...

:poke:

Impressive. You managed to work a defense of Tom Brady AND a subtle jab at Peyton Manning all into the same post about the relative importance of QBs and kickers.

:clap:
Dude please. The Jabs at Manning are purely subconcious. I don't even think he knows he's doing them.

Let's be clear about this, it was Ty Law's MVP.

You're just defending him because he's a rapist like your teams quarterback..

:O

Hm, you have a point. I defended Kobe, and he's been accused of rape. I defended Ben, and he's been accused of rape. And I defend Sidney Crosby, and he's been PROVEN to rape the entire NHL. Hmmm.... But who do the Pirates rape?

Actually Kobe was acquitted after a full and fair trial. Comments like this make BOU second-guess sympathy he feels for Celts fans after their team choked away the win last night. Reminds BOU of. . .

yep, the Chargers. :banghead:

Anyway, it was a great series and BOU for one never thought any of the teams from the West, Lakers included, would beat the rep from the East. It's still basketball though, so BOU is well, only marginally interested except when he goes to a game.

Actually Kobe was acquitted after a full and fair trial. Comments like this make BOU second-guess sympathy he feels for Celts fans after their team choked away the win last night. Reminds BOU of. . .

yep, the Chargers. :banghead:

Anyway, it was a great series and BOU for one never thought any of the teams from the West, Lakers included, would beat the rep from the East. It's still basketball though, so BOU is well, only marginally interested except when he goes to a game.

OJ was acquitted too. Kobe is untouchable.

Back