* Blown calls prompt ump switch for World Series
* Isiah 'disappointed and hurt' by Magic's book Video
* SEC commish: UK vetting star recruit's eligibility
* Lawyer: Dodgers owner McCourt fires CEO wife
* Police: UConn stabbing witnesses threatened
* Minnesota sorry for mascot poking fun at prayer
* Judge denies Roethlisberger's bid to dismiss suit
* Ole Miss seeks to silence 'rising South' chant

Those are this morning's headlines. How many are sports stories? Let's see... Yanks/Angels. And maybe the blown call story. Two

The rest is Liz Smith/People Magazine shit... gossip, rumor and italian suppositories. Gossip for goons. Ghey.

* Angels hold off Yankees, force Game 6 in NY Video
* Raiders' Cable avoids assault charges Video | Blog

Those are this morning's headlines. How many are sports stories? Let's see... Yanks/Angels. And maybe the blown call story. Two

The rest is Liz Smith/People Magazine shit... gossip, rumor and italian suppositories. Gossip for goons. Ghey.

Entertainment and
Sports
Programming
Network

While we are on the subject, how did the raiders coach avoid charges?

Its the Entertainment part........... the first letter of ESPN

and Yes, you are expecting far too much

I get the acronym part... cheers :thumb:

You're probably right about the expectations. But I remember that web site being teh awsum when it first fired up... MUCH less "Mascot apologizes for spilling little girl's lemonade" stories...

At least I think I remember. :high:

* Angels hold off Yankees, force Game 6 in NY Video
* Raiders' Cable avoids assault charges Video | Blog

I swore off that piece of shit network and site a long time ago. They suck.
That is all.

What would you rather they have for headlines? Final scores of NHL games? Soccer updates? Minor NFL wire transcations? You can find those elsewhere on the site.

I don't like ESPN for how they handled Spygate and the Patriots in general, but to criticize them for these headlines is a bit silly. All of those stories are connected to sports or sports players somehow. It was clearly a slow sports news day.

I don't want to sound like an ESPN apologist, but of all the things they should be taken to task for... This just isn't one of them, IMO.

http://espn.go.com/boston/

They have Reiss and Bruschi. :coffee:

Beat me to it Box! I was just gonna post tonites breakdown.
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?page=bruschibreakdown/1022
Tedy: Back in 2006, when we lost to the Broncos, I was at inside linebacker along with Junior Seau. The next day, Coach Belichick pulled me and Junior into his office and spoke to us privately, and he told us that with all the experience we had combined, we had put forth the worst performance he had ever seen by two inside linebackers. To watch the game, it wasn't glaringly awful and we didn't have individual plays where we gave up touchdowns. We didn't have penalties that cost us the game. But we did have bad reads versus the run. When we flowed left, it should have been right, or we stepped forward when we should have flowed over the top. Those were examples of mistakes we shouldn't have made. Then we went to the team meeting, and along with other mistakes the team made in the game, he showed the missteps that Junior and I had. That is how Coach Belichick calls out veteran players who he wants to play better for him and meet his standards, which are very high. He does it privately and then in front of the team. The deactivation of Adalius Thomas was public. It's a move where everyone can look at it and question it, and pull away every single layer to try to figure things out. That is different. Yes, Adalius does not have the best numbers right now -- 12 tackles and one sack. But just based on production, a deactivation isn't warranted. This has to be something else. This is a total different form of discipline than Bill typically uses with veteran players who have been productive over the course of their careers in New England, like Adalius has been for him. This is something to be watched closely as the season progresses. Will Adalius end up being a contributing member of the team once again? It's highly possible he can. But right now, he is in the doghouse, and Coach Belichick's is one of the toughest doghouses to get out of.

And What about this:

Tedy: This is Laurence Maroney's chance and here's hoping he runs with it. I think the snow helped him last week. When you have a running back who has a tendency to dance around and try to continue to find the hole, that's something you can't do in the snow. In those conditions, you have to make a quick decision, see the hole, then hit it. If you don't hit the first hole you see, the snow prevents you from restarting. He didn't have that choice, because it wasn't possible that day, and by doing that he had production. You hope that he learned he doesn't need snow to make decisions to hit the hole and get 5 yards, rather than trying for 50 around the edge. Sometimes 5 is the most you can get on the play. As a running back, you sometimes have to know when the journey is over. I'm also excited to watch BenJarvus Green-Ellis, as I think he's a player fans can get excited about. He goes downhill and runs straight ahead. That approach is always respected in football circles.

I don't see the problem.

No NFL games today, NBA is in preseason, only one baseball series going on...

nothing much to report today. :shrug:

Back