why not start hoyer

and you can take your bill polian philosophy and shove it yourself.

All evidence points to doing things one way. Yet, you argue the other on a basis of counter-intuitive non-evidence. That, my friend, is the proverbial "load of crap".

this week isn't to "heal up". This week is to continue playing the best football of the season, win a road game against a good team, and secure the highest seed possible.

Building confidence >>> playing and coaching sarecd

win

OK, we'll see. In a perfect world, I'd agree with you.

When a fluke play happens and we lose one of our best players for the playoffs and/or the team is affected by nagging injuries against playoff teams that got to rest we'll see who can shove it.

And NO, I am not hoping for injuries tomorrow or anything like that just to be proven right. In fact, that is the last thing in the world I want. I know you'll probably throw that line of crap out there next.

I'm done with you before this turns any uglier.

And you can take your Bill Polian philosophy and shove it yourself.

All evidence points to doing things one way. Yet, you argue the other on a basis of counter-intuitive non-evidence. That, my friend, is the proverbial "load of crap".

This week isn't to "heal up". This week is to continue playing the best football of the season, win a road game against a good team, and secure the highest seed possible.

Building Confidence >>> Playing and Coaching Scared

Especially for a young team without a ton of playoff experience.

OK here is the deal. I know I will feel ripped completely off if either starters get hurt this week on a meaningless game; or a lack of rest means we dont have everyone at the best possible health under the circumstances. Pissed to the ears fit to be tied mercilessly enraged. There will be no excuse. Momentum my hairy Italian ass. I think I speak for others who have voiced a similar opinion.

So if the team shows wisdom and rests these players, will those of your ilk feel similarly enraged?

OK, we'll see. In a perfect world, I'd agree with you.

When a fluke play happens and we lose one of our best players for the playoffs and/or the team is affected by nagging injuries against playoff teams that got to rest we'll see who can shove it.

And NO, I am not hoping for injuries tomorrow or anything like that just to be proven right. In fact, that is the last thing in the world I want. I know you'll probably throw that line of crap out there next.

I'm done with you before this turns any uglier.

Expecting that to happen is a loser's mentality. It's far more likely that nothing of the sort happens.

OK here is the deal. I know I will feel ripped completely off if either starters get hurt this week on a meaningless game; or a lack of rest means we dont have everyone at the best possible health under the circumstances. Pissed to the ears fit to be tied mercilessly enraged. There will be no excuse. Momentum my hairy Italian ass. I think I speak for others who have voiced a similar opinion.
How many times have the Patriots put it together for 4 quarters this year? They did it last week at home, and have a chance to do it this week against a decent opponent on the road.

Yeah, it's more important to play well for 4 quarters on the road while building momentum and confidence in a young team that has every right to be "rebuilding" at this point, than it is to play and coach scared.

So if the team shows wisdom and rests these players, will those of your ilk feel similarly enraged?
It depends. If Brady plays 2 series and it's played like a preseason game? Yeah, I'll be pissed. If they leave late in the 3rd with a comfortable lead, that's an entirely different story.

Nope; however saying that the team will be showing wisdom by resting players is not a fact by any stretch of the imagination, and there's really no way to prove it either way.

Belichick knows what is best for this team. If he rests the starters, then he's got his reasons just as when he plays them, he'll have his reasons.

Also, to make Annihilus's point PERFECTLY CLEAR: He doesn't care if they rest or not, not really. If they play, great, if not, then that's Bill's prerogative. However, IMO, they will play.

me too Anni it is odd but I simply don't care and it isn't analogous to Indy resting their starters this year for obvious reasons.

How many times have the Patriots put it together for 4 quarters this year? They did it last week at home, and have a chance to do it this week against a decent opponent on the road.

Yeah, it's more important to play well for 4 quarters on the road while building momentum and confidence in a young team that has every right to be "rebuilding" at this point, than it is to play and coach scared.

It depends. If Brady plays 2 series and it's played like a preseason game? Yeah, I'll be pissed. If they leave late in the 3rd with a comfortable lead, that's an entirely different story.

Well, you call it coaching scared. I call it intelligence. This game is meaningless. Cincy is throwing the late game like a frisbee. The Pats have the third seed. I hope we see two series of vanilla and watch the back ups trying to make a game of it. First preseason game on tap here.

Denying healing time when no tangible advantage is on the line is the definition of insanity.

This isn't college ball. The guys who will rest are not the "young players" of whom you speak. These guys who need the rest are some of our more experienced players and the definition of professional.

I guess we will see.

Expecting that to happen is a loser's mentality. It's far more likely that nothing of the sort happens.

Yeah, because the team has been SO injury-free this year. :rolleyes:

All it takes is one hit or one flukey play. They've earned the right to avoid that risk this week.

And as an added bonus.. You get to heal the injuries the players all ready have!!

And if you're that worried about them suddenly turning into the Detroit Lions because they have a week off... If they are THAT easily distracted and mentally weak... Then they probably aren't going top go very far anyways.

Well, you call it coaching scared. I call it intelligence. This game is meaningless. Cincy is throwing the late game like a frisbee. The Pats have the third seed. I hope we see two series of vanilla and watch the back ups trying to make a game of it. First preseason game on tap here.

Denying healing time when no tangible advantage is on the line is the definition of insanity.

This isn't college ball. The guys who will rest are not the "young players" of whom you speak. These guys who need the rest are some of our more experienced players and the definition of professional.

I guess we will see.

BINGO. And... WIN.

Yeah, because the team has been SO injury-free this year. :rolleyes:

All it takes is one hit or one flukey play. They've earned the right to avoid that risk this week.

And as an added bonus.. You get to heal the injuries the players all ready have!!

And if you're that worried about them suddenly turning into the Detroit Lions because they have a week off... If they are THAT easily distracted and mentally weak... Then they probably aren't going top go very far anyways.

Just curious....what will you guys say/think about Belichick if the starters play for a half?

Just curious....what will you guys say/think about Belichick if the starters play for a half?

Depends.

If the half goes by injury free, I'll say "Thank God." And I'll continue to think the right move was not playing them for the reasons I've listed so many times now.

If a key player gets hurt... Well, lets not even go there.

depends if I'm in a bad mood or not....or if everything goes peachy

I reserve the right to act accordingly once I figure out what that is

flipflop.gif

Depends.

If the half goes by injury free, I'll say "Thank God." And I'll continue to think the right move was not playing them for the reasons I've listed so many times now.

If a key player gets hurt... Well, lets not even go there.

So you're basically saying that your position is immovable. Even if they go on to run the table and win the Superbowl?

Your inability to see both sides of the argument is one reason you're not an NFL head coach. You ever hear of the old addage 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?' That goes for strategies like this too. There is a reason that there are two sides to the argument. We will never know which argument is 'correct' because there isn't more than one way that it will play out. To completely dismiss a very likely scenario is a little ridiculous, however, IMO. An NFL head coach must look at both scenarios and deem which works better for his squad.

We'll see!

Depends on who plays and the game plan. Any of the D linemen play at all (Wilfork, Warren Green), or the corners (Bodden and Springs) or Kaz play more than a series I'm pissed. No reason for that at all. These guys absolutely NEED the rest.

If Brady, Moss, Welker, or Watson play the half, but they play base o under center to work out a few wrinkles fine. Give Maroney the rock on a continuous basis to cure him of fumblitis. Give it to Taylor to shake of rust. Pass on run downs a bit to work on timing. Down and distance means nothing.

That would be tolerable.

Nothing more.

Depends on who plays and the game plan. Any of the D linemen play at all (Wilfork, Warren Green), or the corners (Bodden and Springs) or Kaz play more than a series I'm pissed. No reason for that at all. These guys absolutely NEED the rest.

If Brady, Moss, Welker, or Watson play the half, but they play base o under center to work out a few wrinkles fine. Give Maroney the rock on a continuous basis to cure him of fumblitis. Give it to Taylor to shake of rust. Pass on run downs a bit to work on timing. Down and distance means nothing.

That would be tolerable.

Nothing more.

Pretty sure that's likely what you'll see, for the most part. Wilfork and Warren should barely even see the sidelines, let alone play. Not sure about Bodden, Springs or Nick though. Kaczur's time will probably be limited. Are Bodden and Springs injured? If not, they'll probably play.

Pretty sure that's likely what you'll see, for the most part. Wilfork and Warren should barely even see the sidelines, let alone play. Not sure about Bodden, Springs or Nick though. Kaczur's time will probably be limited. Are Bodden and Springs injured? If not, they'll probably play.

Yeah, they are both ding'd up good. Playable but still. Why?
Same with Edelman's forearm. Play him sparingly for timing when Brady plays. Thats about it.

So we agree then?:blink:

So whats this bet about? I do follow the defensive side of the ball closely too...:huh:

So everyone watching Brady and calling it "starters" when he is pulled?:blink:

Brady plays most of the half. Welker plays one or two series. Moss a quarter. They will be replaced by Edelman and Aiken. Hoyer comes in midway thru the second to replace Brady as long as those two WR's have their timing down with Tommy.

Yeah, they are both ding'd up good. Playable but still. Why?
Same with Edelman's forearm. Play him sparingly for timing when Brady plays. Thats about it.

So we agree then?:blink:

So whats this bet about? I do follow the defensive side of the ball closely too...:huh:

So everyone watching Brady and calling it "starters" when he is pulled?:blink:

Brady plays most of the half. Welker plays one or two series. Moss a quarter. They will be replaced by Edelman and Aiken. Hoyer comes in midway thru the second to replace Brady as long as those two WR's have their timing down with Tommy.

Well, pretty sure nobody east or west of the Pecos expect Warren and Wilfork to play, so that's moot.

Expect Brady, Moss, Welker to play the first half. Haven't heard about Bodden and Springs being injured to the point where they can't play like the big W's, so they'll play a half too. That's the bet as far as Annihilus is concerned :shrug:

It's all in good fun anyhow. It'll be awesome to watch the meltdown here when all the starters play into the 4th quarter ;)

:zombie:

Well, pretty sure nobody east or west of the Pecos expect Warren and Wilfork to play, so that's moot.

Expect Brady, Moss, Welker to play the first half. Haven't heard about Bodden and Springs being injured to the point where they can't play like the big W's, so they'll play a half too. That's the bet as far as Annihilus is concerned :shrug:

It's all in good fun anyhow. It'll be awesome to watch the meltdown here when all the starters play into the 4th quarter ;)

:zombie:

Oh and I expect no BIG HUGE drop off when Hoyer and those two are in the game. I never did when Cassel played. And he handled himself well in these situations. I hope Hoyer shows similar poise. If not, now is the time to find out.

Back