Wickersham’s Book

only when it says what she believes...or wants to believe
LOL. So far these excerpts confirm everything I have believed for the last 18 months and then some.

LOL. So far these excerpts confirm everything I have believed for the last 18 months and then some.
Do we have anything to confirm that what is being said in this was actually said, or is it all just hearsay and speculation?

Perhaps these excerpts confirm everything you have believed because you WANT them to? Even when other excerpts might run counter to your held beliefs, would you continue to believe what you believe?

Unless Wickersham provides a list of sources and those sources subsequently confirm what is published is true, I for one will continue to remain sceptical.

Great post.

In fact it's so good you will not get a response from her... unless it's some type of obscure meme.
I usually get the backpedaling emoji thingy instead, which is how I know Mazz or Inspector50 have nothing.

Do we have anything to confirm that what is being said in this was actually said, or is it all just hearsay and speculation?

Perhaps these excerpts confirm everything you have believed because you WANT them to? Even when other excerpts might run counter to your held beliefs, would you continue to believe what you believe?

Unless Wickersham provides a list of sources and those sources subsequently confirm what is published is true, I for one will continue to remain sceptical.
That's fair. The only thing I would say is he published a very in-depth article back in 2018 and most of what he had in there proved to be true. So if you apply the same here, given this is a book compiled over months with a ton of sources, I think we take it as being true.

From the book:
It's Better to be Feared by ESPN senior writer Seth Wickersham, will be published Oct. 12 by Liveright Publishing. It's based on hundreds of interviews with a range of sources, including previously confidential emails, texts, game plans, scouting reports and internal New England studies -- including one in which Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods and Brady were interviewed about personality traits that fueled their greatness.

From the book:
It's Better to be Feared by ESPN senior writer Seth Wickersham, will be published Oct. 12 by Liveright Publishing. It's based on hundreds of interviews with a range of sources, including previously confidential emails, texts, game plans, scouting reports and internal New England studies -- including one in which Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods and Brady were interviewed about personality traits that fueled their greatness.
The sources aren't named....that's the point you've missed.

From the book:
Everyone knows where you stand and what you believe, so you can just park it!

I've said it 100 times. In January 2015, Brady Sr said "it will end badly". No one had a clue, at least I certainly didn't, why his father would say that in the middle of a great postseason push, ironically around Deflategate. And no one had a clue why Brady ketp doing interviews passive aggressively lobbying for a deal publicly so he could be locked down in NE "until 45". It was always "45". 45, 45, 45...He just kept saying it over and over. But, the drafting of JimmyG changed everything. It's the 3rd greatest draft pick in franchise history being a 1st for BB from the Jets and a 6th for Brady by BB himself who pulled the trigger on the kid to see what he had.

I heard Greg Bedard on 98.5 on 10.30.17 say "BB worked with JimmyG everyday since he drafted him". Do you know what this means? I do. And, so did Brady. And, Rodgers sees it in GB with Jordan Love. Do you get it? Brady thought the was being dumped by BB right then and there if he didn't5 clean up his postseason act of the last 5 seasons he played in. And, we know BB offered JimmyG 7.5 mil to start in 2018, but Kraft interfered. That all happened. So, BB dumped Brady. Kraft over-ruled, thankfully we got one more ring out of it.

I was actually at that game that weekend and saw the bum Cassius Marsh refuse to set the edge vs the Chargers. So, all of this was happening in real time leading into that weekend in the fall of 2017.

The good news is, the JimmyG draft pick fired Brady up and was fantastic again in the postseason, where prior to 2014, he kinda sucked. He gets a pass in 2013 as that team had injury issues all over and an experiment at WR. That's another tell by the way. Brady didn't want to work with 3 rookie WRs behind Edelman and thumbed his nose back then. I am not saying those guys were good draft picks, but the fact Brady wouldn't spend time with those guys, just like he blew off Meyers and Harry in 2019, while saying in 2013 how important OTAs are, is a bad look, regardless.

I can only imagine the stories the coaches and some of the players have with his antics in snobbery.

I've also emailed Bedard through the years and confronted some of his garbage at times, because he has info, but he also twists it, which prompts an email from me. I still have some of these including me telling him that it wasn't a lack of talent around Brady in 2018 and that Brady was running the offense wrong. They play pathetic in Pitt in early December 2018, and then they change it to what I said, and voila, here comes the run game protecting Brady, getting playaction, etc, and they win the whole damn thing! Remember? There was a clearly a meeting after that Pitt game just like a meeting after the KC game in Monday night in 2014 when Brady wanted to put on a show. But, you know what happens when it overthinks it? He can't play properly like what happened in the SBs vs the Giants. Even Tom Brady needs a run game and playaction.

Why is it Pats fans like myself made fun of finesse Manning offenses knowing they'd buckle, then Brady wants it because he's obssessed with outdoing Manning (that's good and bad),
yet YOU and others can't acknowledge Brady's desires for his preferred style offense to get those stats, backfired? Like, why would it not work for Manning and then work for Brady? It doesn't work in the postseason! Brady wanted it, BB supported his QB, and BB fixed it. I'd bet even McDaniels had some tough lough observations for Brady when he returned with a fresh set of eyes in 2012/2013.

Go back and look at the drive charts with some of those games from 2007-2012. He was awful throwing and throwing some more up to 45-50 times a game with good RBs just standing there. And, these were games with leads a lot of times. Seattle 2012, you mad bro? Remember that one? Go look at the box score and drive charts to see what he did after Sherman baited him. Just because the media protected him in Boston, didn't mean what happened on your tv screen didn't happen. It happened.

And you know what, that's what Brady relied on last year with TB. If he didn't lean on Fournette, TB doesn't win that SB last year. He was smart to do that, but in years past he's out in there in a predictable shotgun spread throwing 50 times out of shotgun to ONLY his elite targets. Defenses knew this. I am convinced BB showed Brady this after a season ended poorly, and Brady didn't like it. Sure, he got more stats to chase Gomer Manning and Brees, but his game management sucks. He regained it in 2014 and that so happened to be with him back under Center more, a commitment to a run game and Develin used a lot as a FB. Less stats in the regular season than 2007-2012, sure, but a BETTER QB in terms of balance and winning tough in the postseason, with rings.

BB did this. Not Brady. Brady had to be told his "preferred" shotgun spread base was a failure unless up against the cupcakes in the divisional round or a D that played zone D. That's why his divisional rd performances were great and his title game and SB performances were subpar. The better Ds will not play zone because it's a better D that can play effective man and flood the middle with the 2 LBs taking away the underneaths. Jim Johnson had the blueprint in late 2007 and that was it, yet Brady kept checking into pass plays to Welker over and over and over, predictably so, while not running up 4 yards and sliding for a 1st down. At one point, a nickname came of it called "Brady Lock". That's how bad it was.

I will post these emails between Bedard and I if you wish. I was all over these drama queen issues from Brady for years. If you weren't paying attention and reading between the lines, I cannot help you. The "I deserve better because of who I am" ego problem stems from Brady, not BB.

Kraft sided with BB and Kraft painted it as "Brady deserves the right to play elsewhere"...Yeah, Bob, but you are leaving out a lot of what already happened prior to 2018 or 2019.

Repeat after me: TOM BRADY IS NOT PERFECT.

Last edited:
From the book:
Right, so it's a promotional book for Tom Brady. And, guess what? This isn't golf, tennis, baseball or even the NBA where you need 3 great players, 2 good ones in your starting 5 and a good bench and coach.

It's very easy to build a winner in the NBA if your team is in a good weather market. The point is what MeBron James has been doing is a workable thing in the NBA. It's harder to do that a 53 man roster and a hard cap in the NFL for a variety of reasons.

Brady wants you, me and everyone to know that it's all him just like ego MeBron hopping teams constantly. It's a naricissism thing and if you've been paying attention in the last 18 months or so or even before the pandemic, our society is infected with this self promotion garbage. Yet, football is the ultimate TEAM sport.

Brady looks like an idiot spitting in the face of what made him.

He wasn't unable to meet with Brady. He told him no. Let's talk over the phone. Brady wanted to say good-bye in person after all they had accomplished together and Bill could not even manage to do that. Now I can understand why Brady's dad went scorched earth last week.

The issue between the 3 was Bill. That is what we learned. Brady and Kraft have a great relationship. But the two of them apparently can't stand Bill.

Re-read what was written. BB said he was "not available" to meet (when TB12 wanted to meet). You're jumping to a conclusion that fits your needs.

Last edited:
That's fair. The only thing I would say is he published a very in-depth article back in 2018 and most of what he had in there proved to be true. So if you apply the same here, given this is a book compiled over months with a ton of sources, I think we take it as being true.
Umm, none of it was true. The Van Natter/WickerSHAM National Enquirer article? It was all debunked. Why is it that people in the league who actually lived those years and know the ins and outs of the NFL all side with BB in such claims and myths?

DO you believe in the Tooth Fairy as well?

Re-read what was written. BB said he was "unavailable" to meet (when TB12 wanted to meet). You're jumping to a conclusion that fits your needs.
Come on Chevvs. Brady is calling you to say good-bye in person because that is the classy and professional thing to do and you tell him you are unavailable? Are you freaking kidding me? This is your QB for 20 years, you won 6 chips together and you can't meet with him? If the roles were reversed, you would be crucifying Brady.

Come on Chevvs. Brady is calling you to say good-bye in person because that is the classy and professional thing to do and you tell him you are unavailable? Are you freaking kidding me? This is your QB for 20 years, you won 6 chips together and you can't meet with him? If the roles were reversed, you would be crucifying Brady.

Come on, Mazz. You're killing BB because he couldn't meet at the time Brady wanted to meet? You have no idea where BB was or what he was doing.
He could have been in Florida on a scouting mission for all you know.

Come on, Mazz. You're killing BB because he couldn't meet at the time Brady wanted to meet? You have no idea where BB was or what he was doing.
He could have been in Florida on a scouting mission for all you know.
Stop. This is your QB of 20 years, 6 chips together. You meet him. You find a way in person not over the phone.

I can't believe some people are still so willing to believe everything that gets served up to them via an agenda driven media troll type like a Wickersham. Just use common sense, question everything, and do your own research, while reading between the lines with critical thinking skills. The latter is something lost on much of our society. It's scary.

Back