Wickersham’s Book

Just remember that if there is negative stuff on Brady that it is not true because ESPN, second hand quotes and confirmation bias.

From the book:
It's Better to be Feared by ESPN senior writer Seth Wickersham, will be published Oct. 12 by Liveright Publishing. It's based on hundreds of interviews with a range of sources, including previously confidential emails, texts, game plans, scouting reports and internal New England studies -- including one in which Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods and Brady were interviewed about personality traits that fueled their greatness.

But almost NO NAMES or FIRST HAND QUOTES.

🎣🎣🎣🎣

:coffee:

Attachments

• 183842AC-AFB0-4516-AC37-B75281CA44C3.jpeg
    183842AC-AFB0-4516-AC37-B75281CA44C3.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2
Just remember that if there is negative stuff on Brady that it is not true because ESPN, second hand quotes and confirmation bias.
Correct. A source is very important in these situations. If you don't have one or a good one, the material isn't deemed real or accepted. I never would have graduated from college without knowing this.

This isn't real journalism. It's National Enquirer level stuff. Do you honestly believe Kraft, BB or Brady would give out such information as the source?

Apparently Kraft can't stand Bill. This quote is explosive.

"As for Kraft, in late September, he was in Aspen [Colorado] for a conference and bumped into a few friends in the hotel lobby early one morning. He told them he was leaving later for Detroit, where the Patriots were playing their next game. 'I hate leaving here,' Kraft said. 'You leave here and you leave some of the most brilliant people you've ever met. You pick up so much knowledge from all these brilliant minds. And I have to go to Detroit to be with the biggest f-----ng a--hole in my life -- my head coach.' "
No, not explosive. Just guy talk, especially two guys who are both driven AND trust each other completely.

Me: Now what the fuck are you doing?
Friend: None of your fucking business asswipe.
Me: Suck my dick.
[two minutes later]
Friend: Hey, by the way, did you see the new storage wall I built in my garage?
Me: No, is it the one with the boards you hang shit on? The one we saw in Lowe's?

This is pretty normal among guys who are friends. Means nothing. You have to know both guys and both hear the spoken words for tone and see body language and facial reactions to even think something might be off.

BB probably IS the biggest pain-in-the-ass asshole in RK's life. Doesn't mean Kraft doesn't like him.

how can bill be in the NFL as long as he has been and be such a bad person? I mean the book paints it like he is the worst person ever. Even before the Pats he was very respected in the league, and i have to imagine that is still the case. this just doesn't add up to me

how can bill be in the NFL as long as he has been and be such a bad person? I mean the book paints it like he is the worst person ever. Even before the Pats he was very respected in the league, and i have to imagine that is still the case. this just doesn't add up to me
Look at the world we live in now. Disinformation is seen as truth based on what people are programmed to believe, regardless of facts, evidence, science or reality.

Even Deflategate was a version of this. Goodell knew he had 99% of the NFL fanbases in his back pocket. He was caught cheating, lying in a federal court with no evidence, Berman threw it out in court, embarrassed him, and people still want to believe Brady cheated to this very day.

I just heard Chris Simms on PFT talk about Deflategate as if Brady was actually guilty and said Kraft used disinformation. Excuse me? If Brady was deflating balls before games, it wouldn't have taken the next game after he tells Whinebaugh to check the rulebook. Everyone knows Goodell has been looking for any excuse for years. And, like I've said, the fact they didn't include the pregame security footage in the Wells Report before the Ravens game to show McNally in the bathroom, is damning for the NFL. That would have been a slam dunk to show that kind of a pattern to support their premise.

Goodell is the king of disinformation and lawyerly deflections.

It's an old tactic used by lawyers and propagandists for centuries. You'd just think we'd be smarter now as a species, but we're not.

Last edited:
I just answered it above and you didn't respond to it or read it? My goodness. Do you just dodge discussion in fear of being embarrassed? BB FIRED BRADY and the process started well before 2018 or 2019. BB drafting JimmyG worked the way BB wanted it to work. It ticked his HOF off to play better. Get it? Brady's behavior changed after the Atlanta SB. He wanted a new deal "through the age of 45".

Do you not pay attention? Bad memory? Don't look at chronology of events? What is it?

I have no issue with my GM and Coach being prepared. That's why he does. He tries his best to be prepared. If Brady didn't get back under Center more in 2014, Brady may have been dealt at some point even prior to the drama in 2017 where BB asked about dealing Brady to SF that Kraft blocked.

Why can't people like you be happy that a 2nd dynasty was formed? Who cares that Brady was butthurt and it looked like BB was the one to fix Brady who had been struggling in postseasons from 2007-2012? It worked!!

The best question any mediahead can ask BB on the spot, not that he would answer is this:

Why did Brady change how he ran the offense starting in 2007 when Moss and Welker arrived, knowing the Manning style of offense failed against your own defenses in the first dynasty?

Do you realize this crybaby crap from Brady goes back to the 2006 season when Branch wanted #1 WR money and BB was forced to trade him? Per Paul Perillo, Brady blew up on BB during the 2006 season exit interview process and demanded he get toys like Manning has. He did And, what did Brady do with it? Changed how he ran our offense, collected a lot of stats like Manning and then looked like Manning in Januarys and Februarys. Capiche?

Good.

It's insane to blame BB for things when in reality he was trying to show support of what his QB wanted. Tom Brady turned into a self absorbed diva that probably made BB's life a hell at certain times.

I know this has been said already, but...

:smilies-11117:

I agree and I think something much larger is going on. First, the Patriots would have read this book weeks ago. Advanced copies were given to the media and they would have let Kraft/Bill know about the bombs contained. The fact that there was no mitigation effort is very strange. I assume Kraft is going to speak at some point to address the scathing quotes that were attributed to him about Bill. I am not sure how he can't.

My feeling is this was a huge hit job on Bill it appears and I am starting to think more and more about Kraft's comments in the off-season about how they used to laugh at teams that spent in FA and his comments on the lousy drafting. The new personnel guys that were brought in ... Bedard saying that Bill was not really running things like he used to in the past at TC and that Patricia was doing more of the hands on stuff.

I don't know but there are lots of dots to connect here. Wickersham does not have an ax to grind with Bill over anything. He was fed this information from sources close to everyone in that org.

This does not past the smell test at all given the magnitude of what is purported to have happened with Bill over years. The Brady stuff is minor compared to the stuff from Kraft. He really needs to speak and soon as if he doesn't, I don't know that Bill has much time left in NE. I am not sure how you could read it any differently whether you think it is accurate or not. For an org that has been impenetrable for two decades, a lot of people spilled their guys to Seth. That's not an accident.

I agree and I think something much larger is going on. First, the Patriots would have read this book weeks ago. Advanced copies were given to the media and they would have let Kraft/Bill know about the bombs contained. The fact that there was no mitigation effort is very strange. I assume Kraft is going to speak at some point to address the scathing quotes that were attributed to him about Bill. I am not sure how he can't.

My feeling is this was a huge hit job on Bill it appears and I am starting to think more and more about Kraft's comments in the off-season about how they used to laugh at teams that spent in FA and his comments on the lousy drafting. The new personnel guys that were brought in are here to stay. Bedard also said that Bill was not really running things like he used to in the past at TC and that Patricia was doing more of the hands on stuff.

I don't know but there are lots of dots to connect here. Wickersham does not have an ax to grind with Bill over anything. He was fed this information from sources close to everyone in that org.

This does not past the smell test at all given the magnitude of what is purported to have happened with Bill over years. The Brady stuff is minor compared to the stuff from Kraft. He really needs to speak and soon as if he doesn't, I don't know that Bill has much time left in NE. I am not sure how you could read it any differently. For an org that has been impenetrable for two decades, a lot of people spilled their guys to Seth. That's not an accident.
So wait... <snicker>... what you are saying is that :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ... What you are now claiming :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: is that Kraft is somehow <LOL>...Complicit and that this is an INSIDE HIT JOB on Belichick...

You really are merely a troll.

Last edited:
So wait... <snicker>... what you are saying is that :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ... What you are now claiming :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I that Kraft is somehow <LOL>...Complicit and that this is an INSIDE HIT JOB on Belichick...

You really are merely a troll.
If you read what is out there, most certainly yes. The entire thing is scathing toward Bill. Like Gumpboy said, it does not really compute unless the Patriots wanted this out there. That stuff on Kraft/Bill did not come from the Brady camp. That came from Kraft's people. Believe whatever you want but this is not good.

Back