Willie McGinest arrested on assault charge in West Hollywood

Judging Willie, a guy I feel has conducted himself with class for decades, on a short video without context isn't the way I personally want to go with this one. Gotta
be a back story, which I await.
Agree, still lots of unknowns to this story.

If there is missing context and it isn't something that was done that would force him to physically defend himself, I'm not sure there is much that can absolve him. When you're in a nightclub/bar surrounded by flowing alcohol, people say a lot of stupid and insulting things. But I'm not sure anything could be said that would have a court view his actions as necessary and merited.

Yes, await the backstory, but Willie's broadcasting career is probably done and he could be facing serious legal consequences. I hope it was worth it. 🙄

Yes, await the backstory, but Willie's broadcasting career is probably done and he could be facing serious legal consequences. I hope it was worth it. 🙄

From watching the video, outside of one helluva "back story", Willie's public figure career in the NFL is over and he's about to come off a lot of money and possibly some jail time.

The pants alone are a hate crime….

Seriously though, WTF is he thinking? That dude has built up serious respect over an exemplary career both on and off the field. He just shit canned all that. A 51 year old man in his position has to know better.
He’s done. That guy will take him for everything he has and he’ll likely do time.
Dang Willie, you’re way too good for that.

So, the guy was accused by multiple eyewitnesses and clear physical evidence of leading a brutal gangrape of Willie's daughter, but was released free & clear with all charges dismissed after jeopardy attached because of a procedural screwup by the LAPD

...is a scenario where I could understand his actions, but still wouldn't clear him in the court of public opinion to the point where he'd have a career anytime in the near future. Other than that, he's got a tough go ahead of him.

So, the guy was accused by multiple eyewitnesses and clear physical evidence of leading a brutal gangrape of Willie's daughter, but was released free & clear with all charges dismissed after jeopardy attached because of a procedural screwup by the LAPD

...is a scenario where I could understand his actions, but still wouldn't clear him in the court of public opinion to the point where he'd have a career anytime in the near future. Other than that, he's got a tough go ahead of him.

In such a scenario I would offer him a job working for me with huge heartfelt salute and ask him why he didn't kill the bastard with extreme prejudice in the most brutal fashion.

In such a scenario I would offer him a job working for me with huge heartfelt salute and ask him why he didn't kill the bastard with extreme prejudice in the most brutal fashion.
Right. Basic point being that this was probably a criminal lapse in judgement, but the story could be important, especially where it is so out of line with anything we have seen of his personality. I can't remember a single time it looked like he lost his cool on the field, on the sideline, or in a practice brawl beyond the ordinary. And yet here it appears to be at least relatively premeditated.

I can think of examples of video of criminal conduct cough RayRice cough where there isn't enough context in the world to make it okay, but this isn't at that level.

That said, I doubt it will end up being anything beyond shitty judgement and loss of control.

Right. Basic point being that this was probably a criminal lapse in judgement, but the story could be important, especially where it is so out of line with anything we have seen of his personality. I can't remember a single time it looked like he lost his cool on the field, on the sideline, or in a practice brawl beyond the ordinary. And yet here it appears to be at least relatively premeditated.

I can think of examples of video of criminal conduct cough RayRice cough where there isn't enough context in the world to make it okay, but this isn't at that level.

That said, I doubt it will end up being anything beyond shitty judgement and loss of control.

It looks clearly that it was premeditated.

And you are absolutely right. Nothing we've ever seen out of Willie would lead you to the conclusion that he's a complete hothead.

The way he acted in the video wasn't even full on rage. I've seen full on rage, and been there, this was not it.

A lapse in judgement?

If this was a retaliation for something very bad, I don't care for him bringing his entourage and in such a public setting?

Again, he was not full on rage filled.

I'm very interested in learning what surrounded this.

I just caught a clip of Willie saying, "Things aren't always what they seem".

He's full on right.

🤔

If it's true, he will get widespread public support over this, no question.

He mightn't get his job back, but at least his standing will not diminish with the Patriot fans and I suspect he will have gained the respect of many others.

I find Willie to be a very likeable on-air persona and, of course, look back at his time as a Patriot with fondness. But this is a bad look for anyone. Not sure what possible "truth" could absolve someone from this behavior but I am eagerly looking forward to the big reveal.

Where did you get that information? Even in the deep Twiterspere and Reddit world there is nothing about this. And surely if Willie's daughter had been brutally gang raped, it would have been well known in the media? There would be a record of her victim status with the police etc. Stuff like that does not stay quiet?

Where did you get that information? Even in the deep Twiterspere and Reddit world there is nothing about this. And surely if Willie's daughter had been brutally gang raped, it would have been well known in the media? There would be a record of her victim status with the police etc. Stuff like that does not stay quiet?
i misread it too at first. read the first line of the second paragraph.

Back