Windows 10

Did they skip 9. My PC had windows 7. My laptop windows 8. That took Me a while to figuire out.

Yeah, they skipped 9.

I imagine it's because 8 was such a colossal clusterf*ck they wanted to distance their next OS as far as possible from 8. :banghead:

I've upgraded to W10 from W7. So far no problems. And I would never pay money for anything

Yeah, they skipped 9.

I imagine it's because 8 was such a colossal clusterf*ck they wanted to distance their next OS as far as possible from 8. :banghead:

IMHO, they missed a perfect marketing opportunity.

Our software product where I work is presently in version 7.xx, and we are in the process of a major overhaul.

I'm trying to get my boss to buy off on jumping straight to 11.xx.

This would set up the perfect marketing line.

"Our's went to 11."

I'm loving Windows 10 so far, got it a few days ago

I tried it but it slowed down my network, my interwebs and some of my programs. I uninstalled it. I will give another shot though.

I absolutely love it. Seriously I feel like I got a new computer. Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 has speeded up my computer like you wouldn't believe. I don't know if the OS is actually faster or if, after 5 years or so (I forget when I got it, it was a good while ago) Windows 7 got bogged down with crap. But the end result is it's way faster.

No issues upgrading and I really like the look at and feel.

I absolutely love it. Seriously I feel like I got a new computer. Going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 has speeded up my computer like you wouldn't believe. I don't know if the OS is actually faster or if, after 5 years or so (I forget when I got it, it was a good while ago) Windows 7 got bogged down with crap. But the end result is it's way faster.

No issues upgrading and I really like the look at and feel.
I too am running Windows 7 Home Premium Edition and have noticed some bogging down, especially when starting up. I have a Dell Laptop (no touchscreen) - is the upgrade to Windows 10 worth it in your and others' opinion?

I too am running Windows 7 Home Premium Edition and have noticed some bogging down, especially when starting up. I have a Dell Laptop (no touchscreen) - is the upgrade to Windows 10 worth it in your and others' opinion?

It's way faster and it's free, for anyone that installs it before I think July 2016, after that you will need to pay for it

It's way faster and it's free, for anyone that installs it before I think July 2016, after that you will need to pay for it
Thank you! :wave:

Anybody else? I like and am familiar with the format of Windows 7. I don't do much with my laptop other than basic stuff like visit here, upload videos of my girls' events to YouTube, and manage my finances. What's the big whoop-de-doo about Windows 10? If it's for media purposes, I don't really get into all of that, and again, my laptop is not a touch-screen.

I am going to hold out on 7. I don't like the additional privacy concerns (and loss of control) I have read about 10.

Linux person here, don't mess with Windows if I don't have to. In this house Windows can die in a fire.

Linux person here, don't mess with Windows if I don't have to. In this house Windows can die in a fire.

Muse you are still awesome and just a side - bar : Your Panthers are doing well this year but we all know where your heart is really at !!

I have a new HP Envy 860-160se desktop and HP 360 convertible (laptop that turns into a tablet) that came with Windows 10 and many of the available apps are freebees or $2.95. The new Edge Browser seems to be fine but lacks some of the basic plug-in like *pdf, etc. but that not a big deal to me anyways because you can also crank up IE11+ and Google Chrome no problem. Windows 10 Pro in general seems to be less space and run faster which is always good thing. But when you have 3 terabytes and 1 terabytes, respectively, only the speed is warranted. Windows 10 seems to be a more comfortable OS to use than XP, Vista, 7, or 8 in my experience. The only thing so far I really dislike is that is has these driver update apps that a totally full of crap because I manually update all my drivers on a monthly basis and these driver update apps try to sham you into thinking otherwise, and I just un-install them suckas and that's the name of that tune, June.

Hey Muse hope all is well with you and the family....take care you fine thang !! :wave:

Muse you are still awesome and just a side - bar : Your Panthers are doing well this year but we all know where your heart is really at !!

I have a new HP Envy 860-160se desktop and HP 360 convertible (laptop that turns into a tablet) that came with Windows 10 and many of the available apps are freebees or $2.95. The new Edge Browser seems to be fine but lacks some of the basic plug-in like *pdf, etc. but that not a big deal to me anyways because you can also crank up IE11+ and Google Chrome no problem. Windows 10 Pro in general seems to be less space and run faster which is always good thing. But when you have 3 terabytes and 1 terabytes, respectively, only the speed is warranted. Windows 10 seems to be a more comfortable OS to use than XP, Vista, 7, or 8 in my experience. The only thing so far I really dislike is that is has these driver update apps that a totally full of crap because I manually update all my drivers on a monthly basis and these driver update apps try to sham you into thinking otherwise, and I just un-install them suckas and that's the name of that tune, June.

Hey Muse hope all is well with you and the family....take care you fine thang !! :wave:

Hey you! Been to friggen long. Yes, my baby boys are still doing well and I support them to heck and back but only when they don't play the Pats, I mean come on now. :)

I know the bold parts are a slight derailment but hell someone gave me a compliment, I am going to respond. Thanks shugs, made my evening. wuv

I used to be a 90th level Warrior-Mage. Then I got Linux.
Now in pretty good at Minecraft.....

I been using Linux since 2005 I think, my husband has been using it way longer. I am a convert. No more spam, no more viruses and no more pop ups. The games yes not so much but I will take the other stuff not happening any day of the week especially when I am trying to work.

I hear you. I've been using Linux for years, too. Ubuntu for about 10 years now.

All that other stuff, though, doesn't happen if you know how to tweak everything

I use Windows and none of that stuff ever happens to me.

I been using Linux since 2005 I think, my husband has been using it way longer. I am a convert. No more spam, no more viruses and no more pop ups. The games yes not so much but I will take the other stuff not happening any day of the week especially when I am trying to work.

I hear you. I've been using Linux for years, too. Ubuntu for about 10 years now.

All that other stuff, though, doesn't happen if you know how to tweak everything
True but that is not all the reasons I like it. First it is free. Winner winner chicken dinner for me. Drivers included. This may seem silly and small but for me it is a nice perk. Free support is nice. Having all the software I need right there in one place is nice. There are more reasons but won't list them. I guess once I went LInux just not interested in going back.

I use Windows and none of that stuff ever happens to me.

Happy for you, I truly mean this. But I know a lot of people who can't say this.

Back