Would you trade Tom Brady for a top QB prospect in this years draft?

I would only trade Brady for one young QB-Andrew Luck. Otherwise I will take the declining years of one of the greatest ever. Where would this team have been this year without Brady? I agree he was "off" maybe even "terrible" at times, but he has taken this team to 8 AFCCGs in his career. He has been the glue that held this team together through a VERY difficult season with a tough "break up" with his favorite WR, a murder charge against his third best offensive option, a lingering then a new injury to the most prolific young TE in the history of the game, fumbelitis from his best running back, off and on injuries to a very good o-line and of course all of the major injuries to the young WR corps. Not to mention the defensive injuries to so many key guys-Vince, Kelly, Mayo, Dennard, Spikes, and Talib. No I would not trade Brady for anything in this draft. I see the point and I see the slight decline in some ways, but I do not see a reason to trade for a possible star. Luck is the one real thing we have seen recently and the Colts "sucked" for him. I would rather continue to have 10-12 win seasons and make the playoffs then hope we can get a guy that might be able to do what Brady has done for over a decade. I am VERY thankful to have had Tom Brady and I do not want to trade him...

Trade TFB? No.

Start looking for and grooming a bonafide replacement? Yes.

Jerry Jones just gave Tony Romo enough money to buy his own island and Al Davis isn't walking through that door.

Ya i know... I'm just joking about Jerry Jones. But the raiders would... they gave the Bengals a 2012 1st and conditional pick for retired QB...ROFL

Brady had a C+ or B- game Sunday, which is not bad, but obviously disappointing. I'd lean more towards a B- game, the line (again) did not come to play in a big game. Our WR situation this year was the worst I've seen since '06. Put Gronk in the game and its a different story - guaranteed. The Pats need the deep threat and/or a tall TE as insurance for Gronk. Brady has 2-3 very good to great years left with a better line and even slight upgrade in the receiving core. The defense is surely on the way up, adding another pass rusher would make this a top 5 defense going forward. I do not want anyone besides Brady running this offense until its clear he cant play anymore - and I think at that point he would walk away on his own. I have high hopes for next season - this team is in a good spot, and Brady is still our best player.

Comes with a defense and receivers and TE's too....or should I say, it better.
Hey, for what it's worth (from an outsiders view point), Just because TB has a bit of a slump here and there, consider what his tools are around him and remember who his is and what he has done for this franchise. No way I'd trade him 1st pick or not. (just yet anyway) He just needs some healthy bodies around him to re-achieve that level of performance that you are all used to.

Hey, for what it's worth (from an outsiders view point), Just because TB has a bit of a slump here and there, consider what his tools are around him and remember who his is and what he has done for this franchise. No way I'd trade him 1st pick or not. (just yet anyway) He just needs some healthy bodies around him to re-achieve that level of performance that you are all used to.

This is typical knee jerk reaction on this board, we go through it and then laugh about it later....nothing really to see here. Basically anytime we lose, we question the two biggest faces on the team, Belichick and Brady, we have had fire belichick threads, we have had trade brady threads, and then the next season we are saying Brady and Belichick are the greatest again....People tend to look at the big parts rather than all of the other parts in losses....If Denver loses the superbowl, and Manning plays bad, I am sure it will come up.

Ya i know... I'm just joking about Jerry Jones. But the raiders would... they gave the Bengals a 2012 1st and conditional pick for retired QB...ROFL

Yeah it only takes one...

By the way, I'm not advocating trading him (not seriously at least) just that if you're going to, you won't get a worthwhile return on investment if you wait until it's evident he can't play anymore.

While you can't blame him for everything, it's a fact that the Pats have had a lot of playoff losses where they had trouble scoring 20 and Brady did not play like his rep suggests he should in the biggest games.

He missed Edelman wide open twice, once on the bomb and once in the EZ. At least he saw Edelman and tried but there are other examples where he throws short at guys who are covered and misses open guys deeper when he had enough time to find them.

I think Tom has fallen into some bad habits and it's made him easier to defend by the best Ds. Most of these involve questionable accuracy deep or an unwillingness to throw the deeper passes. It's both. I don't think it's just an offensive philosophy but more of a limitation.

Of course, more talent outside the hashes is a factor, but it's clear to me that Brady now shines only on shorter routes, depends too much on guys sitting down in a zone and tries to back-shoulder too much.

Having said that, no, I don't want him traded for anybody this year. I want to continue to add talent at WR and TE, develop the young ones we have now, resign Edelman and hope Brady will self-evaluate and agree that he's simply got to stretch the field better than he has to put himself and the team back on top.

I'm also starting to believe that the "P- shoulder" thing is not a joke and he's got a degenerative condition that makes the deep ball painful and problematic for him.

The other top QBs in this league all hit their guys in stride downfield regularly. Matter of fact, it's not just the "top" guys that can and do that. I'm sick and tired of watching guys like Newton and Foles putting the ball on the money 40 yards downfield. Brady almost never does even when his guys are wiiiiiide open. There has to be a reason for this.

By the way, I'm not advocating trading him (not seriously at least) just that if you're going to, you won't get a worthwhile return on investment if you wait until it's evident he can't play anymore.

Brady is not our issue....REALLY, its true...so unless we feel its hopeless and want to blow it all up and start over, its silly to discuss.

Hawg, forgive me because it's been awhile, but haven't short/intermediate routes kinda always been Brady's best passes? Aside from the Rainbow chucking Randy Moss era I've always considered Brady more of a surgeon than a mad bomber.

NTTIAWWT

Me either. I just hate when people bring up the subject of trading him cause he hasn't played well.

But what do you expect when he is doing more with less and does not have a legit big body receiving target over 6 feet.

While you can't blame him for everything, it's a fact that the Pats have had a lot of playoff losses where they had trouble scoring 20 and Brady did not play like his rep suggests he should in the biggest games.

He missed Edelman wide open twice, once on the bomb and once in the EZ. At least he saw Edelman and tried but there are other examples where he throws short at guys who are covered and misses open guys deeper when he had enough time to find them.

I think Tom has fallen into some bad habits and it's made him easier to defend by the best Ds. Most of these involve questionable accuracy deep or an unwillingness to throw the deeper passes. It's both. I don't think it's just an offensive philosophy but more of a limitation.

Of course, more talent outside the hashes is a factor, but it's clear to me that Brady now shines only on shorter routes, depends too much on guys sitting down in a zone and tries to back-shoulder too much.

Having said that, no, I don't want him traded for anybody this year. I want to continue to add talent at WR and TE, develop the young ones we have now, resign Edelman and hope Brady will self-evaluate and agree that he's simply got to stretch the field better than he has to put himself and the team back on top.

I'm also starting to believe that the "P- shoulder" thing is not a joke and he's got a degenerative condition that makes the deep ball painful and problematic for him.

The other top QBs in this league all hit their guys in stride downfield regularly. Matter of fact, it's not just the "top" guys that can and do that. I'm sick and tired of watching guys like Newton and Foles putting the ball on the money 40 yards downfield. Brady almost never does even when his guys are wiiiiiide open. There has to be a reason for this.

In passes 30 yards in the air or more this year....

Brady 5-16 269 yards 1 td 0 ints 101 Qb rating

Foles 5-19 181 yards 2 td's 2 ints Qb rating 86

Cam 1-17 42 yards 0 td's 1 int Qb rating 15

Me either. I just hate when people bring up the subject of trading him cause he hasn't played well.

But what do you expect when he is doing more with less and does not have a legit big body receiving target over 6 feet.

Yeah, I just bring it up to tweak you guys...

:D

In passes 30 yards in the air or more this year....

Brady 5-16 269 yards 1 td 0 ints 101 Qb rating

Foles 5-19 181 yards 2 td's 2 ints Qb rating 86

Cam 1-17 42 yards 0 td's 1 int Qb rating 15

Good stats ... Brady had a very good year and a medicore playoff game and now people want to trade him? Makes no sense.

Good stats ... Brady had a very good year and a medicore playoff game and now people want to trade him? Makes no sense.

People see something and then all of the sudden that is the way it is all the time. I saw Peyton over throw a receiver in the endzone Sunday, nobody is going to rip him for it, it is what it is. Brady had an overthrown pass to a receiver, and now, thats all he does...Brady has not had a viable down field receiver since Moss. Brady has put balls flat out on the money and those are not what people see, they see the misses...saying Cam is a good down field passer is a freaking Joke, he has been terrible, one of the worst in the league, but someone sees him complete one and then its, oh he can do it, brady cannot.

Oh and in case Jaric was wondering about Luck

Lucks issue was 21-30 area of passing
5-26 193 yards 0 td's 1 pick 42 Qb rating

31-40 4-10 178 3 td's 1 int 93 Qb rating

Over 40...ick 1-8 58 yards 1 td 0 ints.

Guess its time to trade Luck Jaric.

Fact of the matter is, looking at all QB's, none of them hit 100 percent, so its possible, some were over thrown, the best were now get this....QB's that had deep threats...I know I know, go figure.....Here was my favorite....flacco the best deep thrower in history last year, this year after losing Boldin

Flacco over 30 yards 3-10 147 yards 0 td's 1 int 39 Qb rating....21-30? 8-46 274 yards 0 td's 5 ints 12.3 Qb rating....

1. Tom Brady is not above criticism if he sucks it up.

2. He was mediocre at best in the AFCCG.

3. That doesn't mean he's not great, just that he played poorly, end of story.

4. Anyone suggesting moving on is either stupid, being facetious or trying to cause a certain member to go out of his mind.

4. Anyone suggesting moving on is either stupid, being facetious or trying to cause a certain member to go out of his mind.

I think not all of us think he played near as bad as some others. In fact for the playoffs he had a 74 QBR....thats QBR not Qb rating, which is considered in the top half of the league for the season. I think most of think he did not lose us the game, but did not win it, there is a difference....and some of that to me had to do with what had around him....with the losses on offense and the oline not being the best pass blockers this year, we had to jump to being a run first team, when the run failed, we had to go to the last resort of trying to get something out an offense that at the time was not built to be a pass all over the place offense...fact of the matter is, again we went into the playoffs with limitations on the offense that we had no answers for at the skill positions.

Agree completely. My jaw dropped when I saw the title of this thread. Come on now.

Agree completely. My jaw dropped when I saw the title of this thread. Come on now.

This is an annual thing, I am surprised we have not had the rogue, maybe we need a different head coach thread yet.

Back