WSBK, Channel 38.

TomWaits & you

Reaction score
Part of the old time that ain't ever coming back. Creature double feature Godzilla on sunday morning. Bruins hockey with the pee-wees at intermission. G.L.O.W. wrestlers at 2:30. The Movie Loft! Bob Cousy, bing bang bwoomb! Hogan's Heroes.

Anyone else? What do you remember from that little engine that could?

Dana Hersey!

r.jpg

(I'm pretty sure Creature Double Feature was on Channel 56 though)

Dana Hersey!

r.jpg

(I'm pretty sure Creature Double Feature was on Channel 56 though)

Oh, man. Dana Hersey was someone I forgot. Creature Double Fature WAS on 56, but it was also on 38. It was a regular of 56, but 38 had it every other week either a little later in the day or a little earlier.

I used to watch both. I think 38 had it earlier in the day.

The Deer Hunter: UNEDITED!!!!

Channel 38, for me, will always be Fred and Derek and some vivid classic Bruins moments.

I don't recall if it was 56 or 38, but Kimba the White Lion and Speed Racer on every weekday afternoon.

Ahhh...the nostalgic old days of cheesy UHF programming.

Derek Sanderson is still around, Bid.

In fact, he's a friend of the guy who used to own the race track in Loudon, NH. There's a poduck breakfast shop in that town that Sanderson frequents on Wednesdays.

Really cool guy, very down to earth, and still a helluva man. My father tought me to respect him, and I have to say that I agree. Though, in this day, he'd probably take even more heat.

Ned Martin, Dick Stockton, Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, Bob Montgomery, Sean McDonough, Bob Kurtz

, Sean McDonough,

He's the guy I remember. When I see the new guy that resembles him, I think of Sean.

I never knew until recently that he was the Globe reporters son. I did some reading up on Will and he was a cool shit, wasn't he? Fist-fighting reporter?

Kids these days, they'll never get to see that. I know I didn't.

/dick Stockton used to b a local guy, too? Never knew.

He's the guy I remember. When I see the new guy that resembles him, I think of Sean.

I never knew until recently that he was the Globe reporters son. I did some reading up on Will and he was a cool shit, wasn't he? Fist-fighting reporter?

Kids these days, they'll never get to see that. I know I didn't.

/dick Stockton used to b a local guy, too? Never knew.

Stockton called the Fisk homerun in the '75 series.

Don't forget 25 and 27 and 44 and, later, 68.

For those young kids who don't remember: back in the Days Before Cable... you know, the Dark Ages, when no one had cellphones or video games or computers or VCRs, and music was still on cassettes... there were only three "major networks": ABC, NBC, and CBS. They hung out between channels 2 and 13 on VHF. But there was a second dial on your TV, UHF, which had, IIRC, the range of around 17 to around 72, and these were the "oddball stations" that were local, and aired stuff like PBS, local sports, and kids' cartoons, as well as old movies and locally produced shows like "Candlepins For Cash". Afterschool cartoons, reruns of "The Brady Bunch" or "Gilligan's Island", your evening Red Sox or Bruins or Celtics game, old horror movies, et cetera... all that would be found on that wonderful UHF dial.

Star Blazers and Voltron! I used to have to go upstairs in my parents bedroom to get reception for 38 and 56 way out in the styx in NH where we were, and my mom wouldn't allow my dad to put an antenna on the roof (too ghetto, don't ya know) so our wimpy little antenna in the attic couldn't quite do it, but those rabbit ears upstairs used to get me grainy anime every day at 4!

Edited to ask, didn't 38 used to run the 3D double features that you had to get the glasses for at store24, or was that 56?

Star Blazers and Voltron! I used to have to go upstairs in my parents bedroom to get reception for 38 and 56 way out in the styx in NH where we were, and my mom wouldn't allow my dad to put an antenna on the roof (too ghetto, don't ya know) so our wimpy little antenna in the attic couldn't quite do it, but those rabbit ears upstairs used to get me grainy anime every day at 4!

Forever Yamato!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5oniErmeuE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5oniErmeuE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The greatest weapon in the history of manking. #@^& you, Death Star! Take THIS puppy on! :4321:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ty-1zWsXFNs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ty-1zWsXFNs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don't forget 25 and 27 and 44 and, later, 68.

For those young kids who don't remember: back in the Days Before Cable... you know, the Dark Ages, when no one had cellphones or video games or computers or VCRs, and music was still on cassettes... there were only three "major networks": ABC, NBC, and CBS. They hung out between channels 2 and 13 on VHF. But there was a second dial on your TV, UHF, which had, IIRC, the range of around 17 to around 72, and these were the "oddball stations" that were local, and aired stuff like PBS, local sports, and kids' cartoons, as well as old movies and locally produced shows like "Candlepins For Cash". Afterschool cartoons, reruns of "The Brady Bunch" or "Gilligan's Island", your evening Red Sox or Bruins or Celtics game, old horror movies, et cetera... all that would be found on that wonderful UHF dial.

:blah::blah: :thumb:

Candlepin bowling. Try to find that outside of the metro-New England area.

My brother has made a sport of watching their broadcasts. I've never seen anything funnier in my life than him commentating a candlepin broadcast.

If anyone happens to be a TV producer looking for a lark, PM me. It's un****ing believable.

Pants have literally been pissed.

Willie!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-2-pwuDSsA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-2-pwuDSsA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Willie!!!

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-2-pwuDSsA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
ROFL I'd almost forgotten Willie!

:blah::blah: :thumb:

Candlepin bowling. Try to find that outside of the metro-New England area.

My brother has made a sport of watching their broadcasts. I've never seen anything funnier in my life than him commentating a candlepin broadcast.

If anyone happens to be a TV producer looking for a lark, PM me. It's un****ing believable.

Pants have literally been pissed.
ROFL I remember our family used to come up from PA to visit and we'd take them to the candlepins, it used to always elicit a WTF? from all parties. I can honestly say, even having left the area, I've never gone big ball bowling. Candlepin all the way for me ;)

Back