WTF Thread

__70d85402c01f0fad3a181883119fdb41_width-600.jpeg

Shitty way to die...literally!

3 brothers die after passing out from fumes in manure pit​

Authorities in Ohio say three brothers have died after they were overcome by fumes in a manure pit
ByThe Associated Press
August 11, 2021, 4:14 PM

ST. HENRY, Ohio -- Three brothers who were trapped in a manure pit on their livestock farm after being overcome by fumes have died, authorities said.

Rescue crews found the men unconscious and unable to move in the pit Tuesday afternoon. They were fixing a manure pump before they passed out from the fumes, said St. Henry Fire Chief Matt Lefeld.

Authorities identified the victims as Gary, Todd and Brad Wuebker. All three were taken to area hospitals and later pronounced dead.

Manure pits are common on large livestock farms and are used to store waste before it is used as fertilizer on fields. But the pits can produce dangerous gases including hydrogen sulfide, methane, carbon monoxide and ammonia.

Some of those gases can lead to headaches, dizziness, breathing trouble and deaths, according to the Ohio State University Extension.

Shitty way to die...literally!

3 brothers die after passing out from fumes in manure pit​

Authorities in Ohio say three brothers have died after they were overcome by fumes in a manure pit
ByThe Associated Press
August 11, 2021, 4:14 PM

ST. HENRY, Ohio -- Three brothers who were trapped in a manure pit on their livestock farm after being overcome by fumes have died, authorities said.

Rescue crews found the men unconscious and unable to move in the pit Tuesday afternoon. They were fixing a manure pump before they passed out from the fumes, said St. Henry Fire Chief Matt Lefeld.

Authorities identified the victims as Gary, Todd and Brad Wuebker. All three were taken to area hospitals and later pronounced dead.

Manure pits are common on large livestock farms and are used to store waste before it is used as fertilizer on fields. But the pits can produce dangerous gases including hydrogen sulfide, methane, carbon monoxide and ammonia.

Some of those gases can lead to headaches, dizziness, breathing trouble and deaths, according to the Ohio State University Extension.
H2S is no joke...I had to wear a monitor when I hauled crude oil. I knew a few co-workers who died from high levels of sour gas on the well sites.

Bromine is no joke.

When I was still in the labs, the place had a shitty ventilation system.

Preparing a solution I had the shield as far down as I could still the gas came into my lungs, it stopped me from breathing normally. Literally crawled outside into the lobby. Is there anyone there to help me? No. Is there a way I can get to my office? No, since my eyes are watering, I am coughing and my throat is on fire.

This went on for 20 min until finally it subsided.

Every person in that building that wanted me to make this I told them I was done. If they wanted it they would either make it themselves or find a different way to test what you need to test.

They were not happy. Tough shit.

I did think I was a goner, I really did for my breathing was shallow and I could not get any air in fast enough.

Yes, tough shit on you wanting me to make this. Fix the damn ventilator first. Something I had been telling them for a while at the time.

Last edited:
Back