WTF Thread

Erm OK. But this video is from China.
Em, OK, my mistake. But, I'm guessing that if it were presented as occurring, just as an example, on 5th Avenue in NYC not many people would be incredulous. If you think that scenario couldn't happen here, you must believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. But, you're correct on this one - my error.

Welcome to 2022 America...and I'm not suggesting ANYTHING political by that.

Em, OK, my mistake. But, I'm guessing that if it were presented as occurring, just as an example, on 5th Avenue in NYC not many people would be incredulous. If you think that scenario couldn't happen here, you must believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. But, you're correct on this one - my error.

No. You are wrong. Are there a few jackholes that might not help that person, yes. But in THIS country there is no way Americans would let that person lie in the street to be run over a second time. Just the opposite would happen, in fact. People would have stopped traffic to help at the onset.

Not only do I believe in them, I've met them.

No. You are wrong. Are there a few jackholes that might not help that person, yes. But in THIS country there is no way Americans would let that person lie in the street to be run over a second time. Just the opposite would happen, in fact. People would have stopped traffic to help at the onset.
You're certainly welcome to your opinion and I agree that in far more cases than otherwise, charitable and well-intentioned assistance would be rendered. But, I believe you're mistaken if you think it couldn't happen here. And, I offer that opinion as someone who believes in the intrinsic humanity of most people, both here and elsewhere. But, I've a!so seen enough callousness, selfishness and lack of concern for others recently to cause me to not discount the possibility that anything is possible, both here and elsewhere. Just my take.

A factor could well be that the oppression thet Chinese citizens live with daily leaves them in total pursuit of anonymity. Never involve yourself in anything.

Just a thought.

Our most famous similarly viewed incident was the murder of 28 year old bartender Kitty Genovese in the Kew Garden neighborhood of queens in 1964. The nY Times story of 38 witnesses with zero respondents was gospel for some 40 years (with nothing but outrage) but has since been largely debunked by the NYTimes and others.

I have great trouble imaging that level of stunning inhumanity on fifth avenue. What I have seen in my life has almost always been Americans rising up in the moment.

100% agree The good news in America we don’t ask what political affiliation they belong to while they’re laying in the street dying. Our natural American human instinct is to help our fellow citizens in the time of need.

100% agree The good news in America we don’t ask what political affiliation they belong to while they’re laying in the street dying. Our natural American human instinct is to help our fellow citizens in the time of need.

Damn straight. You are a good man, Piggy

There are areas that wouldn't help, or rather, would even mug the injured. Or worse. But, most people would help out.

There are areas that wouldn't help, or rather, would even mug the injured. Or worse. But, most people would help out.
Unfortunately I agree to some extent. I drive through some during the day, and I’m grateful that I lived through it…
At night time your chances of survival go way down. And it doesn’t matter what skin color you are either…

View: https://youtu.be/fPO76Jlnz6c

Back