WTF Thread

You're certainly welcome to your opinion and I agree that in far more cases than otherwise, charitable and well-intentioned assistance would be rendered. But, I believe you're mistaken if you think it couldn't happen here. And, I offer that opinion as someone who believes in the intrinsic humanity of most people, both here and elsewhere. But, I've a!so seen enough callousness, selfishness and lack of concern for others recently to cause me to not discount the possibility that anything is possible, both here and elsewhere. Just my take.

Calling it my opinion is silly as a person would need to male a concerted effort to ignore the way Americans respond to situations of great need.

I think BT hit it on the head. People that live in oppressed societies such as China are conditioned to this behavior. That isn't America.

You can choose to believe what you want. That doesn't make it factual.

Is nobody else flabbergasted by the size of some of those dildos and plugs???? How on earth could any of them fit???

Last edited:
Calling it my opinion is silly as a person would need to male a concerted effort to ignore the way Americans respond to situations of great need.

I think BT hit it on the head. People that live in oppressed societies such as China are conditioned to this behavior. That isn't America.

You can choose to believe what you want. That doesn't make it factual.
You, also, can choose to believe what you want. That, also, doesn't make it factual. Just don't suggest.I'm unpatriotic because I can be critical of our country at times because I'm as proud to be an American as anyone you'll ever meet. Hell, I still get weepy during the Olympic medal ceremonies when our national anthem is played. But, I've also traveled extensive!y through our great country and seen spectacular examples of human kindness and disgusting examples of the opposite. Angway, rant over.

You, also, can choose to believe what you want. That, also, doesn't make it factual. Just don't suggest.I'm unpatriotic because I can be critical of our country at times because I'm as proud to be an American as anyone you'll ever meet. Hell, I still get weepy during the Olympic medal ceremonies when our national anthem is played. But, I've also traveled extensive!y through our great country and seen spectacular examples of human kindness and disgusting examples of the opposite. Angway, rant over.

I have taught my kids to be very clear in what they say. Tact has a place but clarity is more important. I have counseled them to understand that other people are constantly making judgements subconsciously on how they personally believe another person is without realizing it. The same goes on here, I believe.

That said, I never suggested you were unpatriotic, but it is interesting that you might think you are perceived that way.

My original point stands: You assumed that video was taken in America. I knew immediately that it wasn't taken in America. Others read our comments and perceive us thusly. Human nature.

I will give you a period of time on ignore to let this now pointless back and forth end. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.

I have taught my kids to be very clear in what they say. Tact has a place but clarity is more important. I have counseled them to understand that other people are constantly making judgements subconsciously on how they personally believe another person is without realizing it. The same goes on here, I believe.

That said, I never suggested you were unpatriotic, but it is interesting that you might think you are perceived that way.

My original point stands: You assumed that video was taken in America. I knew immediately that it wasn't taken in America. Others read our comments and perceive us thusly. Human nature.

I will give you a period of time on ignore to let this now pointless back and forth end. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.
Ignore? No, don't! Please! Why bring your kids into it? Sensitive much?

Ignore? No, don't! Please! Why bring your kids into it? Sensitive much?

Sensitive? Me? That is very nice of you. Please inform my wife...

Kids? Because they are far ahead of you and I thought is would be fun (for me) to point that out.

It was. :D

Take your America hating to to the P&R forum.

Sensitive? Me? That is very nice of you. Please inform my wife...

Kids? Because they are far ahead of you and I thought is would be fun (for me) to point that out.

It was. :D

Take your America hating to to the P&R forum.
"America hating?" See post #4872. As a member of the Baby Boomer generation, I've been around for awhile and I've been described by some occasionally in at least mildly unflattering terms. But, someone questioning my patriotism is honestly a first for me. I'm as secure as anyone could possibly be in my love for the United States. It's far from perfect, but there's nowhere else I'd rather be. So, stick your baseless and idiotic lack of patriotism accusations where the sun don't shine.

Just saw this in an article about a team cancelling their season when a hazing video emerged:
"According to one report from ABC News, roughly two million teenagers are hazed every year. Much of this involves teenagers on high school sports teams. Nearly a quarter live through the horrific event."
:huh:
Hazing is way worse than I thought! :rofl:. That's 1.5 million teenagers dead every year from hazing!

Last edited:
"America hating?" See post #4872. As a member of the Baby Boomer generation, I've been around for awhile and I've been described by some occasionally in at least mildly unflattering terms. But, someone questioning my patriotism is honestly a first for me. I'm as secure as anyone could possibly be in my love for the United States. It's far from perfect, but there's nowhere else I'd rather be. So, stick your baseless and idiotic lack of patriotism accusations where the sun don't shine.

Can only go by what you post. Your poor assumption on the video in question and then you attempted defense of that assumption is a perfect example.

Can only go by what you post. Your poor assumption on the video in question and then you attempted defense of that assumption is a perfect example.
Look, I'm not going to elongate what is essentially a useless online conversation. But, for the record, an examination of my original posts will show an immediate admission of guilt in regard to mistakenly jumping to a conclusion to which I should not have jumped. I didn't attempt to defend that assumption at all. How you concluded I did is beyond me. And while we're on the subject of poor assumptions, you've assumed and stated I'm unpatriotic/un-American and that's not just incorrect, it's WILDLY incorrect. Anyway, I'm genuinely sorry this dustup occurred because I've always enjoyed your opinions and viewpoints here and concluded long ago that you're likely a good person. I'm prefering to retain that opinion for now and conclude that we experienced a mutual misunderstanding. Have a good day and week end.

Look, I'm not going to elongate what is essentially a useless online conversation. But, for the record, an examination of my original posts will show an immediate admission of guilt in regard to mistakenly jumping to a conclusion to which I should not have jumped.

And then you immediately resumed the anti-American stuff however viewed you tried to make it.

It is okay, we can drop this here.

Back