Your Moment of Zen

OK, this may technically be anti-Zen.

Simple question. Who would be surprised if one of these "songs" was part of a movie/TV show soundtrack?

When our first son was born 25 years ago, we had a five year old golden retriever by the name of Riser (Ventura’s Red Storm Rising). What a wonderful and happy dog. He was very attached to my wife. However, when Patrick came along, he became very depressed. He stopped eating all of his breakfast and dinner, and his hair began to fall out. We took him to the vet, and the vet sent us to a veterinary psychologist, the head doc basically told us that Riser was not going to adapt to having Patrick, and that we would should look to rehome him. This was devastating too us, but I wanted the best for Riser.

We found him a great home. 25 years later his picture is still on the refrigerator.

Last edited:
So, do you think this might be why Eric joined forces with him for Derek and the Dominos?

I've heard it said that "Derek" cam from combining Duane and Eric.

However, I'd go with Duane's guitar on Boz Scagg's "Loan Me a Dime" over "Hey Jude"

I've had portions of this song as ringtones on my phone for years and I've stumped boatloads of people to challenge them as to who it is.

Nice. Loved Sterling Moss. Raced everything. Won everything but not an F1 title though his years with Mercedes and Maserati were stunning. Way back in the 50s, FI was on local TV very often if not regularly. And Sterling was always at the forefront of those Broadcasts. He installed my lifelong love of racing. And everyone knows that he was simply the finest true English gentleman and sportsman there was.

Aside, as racing icons go, the Dunlop bridge sits at the top of my list. I always smile when someone soars through it.

Thank you all... another moment of zen that people you’ve never met can touch your heart .... what an incredible place the planet is.

~Dee~

Back