Your Moment of Zen

My granddaughter plays the violin/ fiddle and I’m amazed at the school she is attending is freaking amazing as far as string instruments and what they accomplish. There is some hope lol.

~Dee~

IMHO, B5 is the best Sci-Fi movie/TV show of all time.

So, a few years back a friend went to a Charity Auction and had the winning bid on a week's stay at a nice house in Waterville, Ireland which is way out on
the Ring of Kerry. She invited my wife and I to go along with some other folks. The house came with free golf at the Waterville Golf Links right down the street
and that is a well-known, classic course located on a gorgeous stretch of the Atlantic, so I was excited to see what it was like. .

Every morning a buddy and I would get up before the sun rose and walk down the road using headlamps to tee off as soon as it was light enough to see. We
would get some golf in before the girls got up to start the day. Often, we had to dive into a ditch to avoid the course's employees tearing down the narrow, dark road
at high speed.

Golf courses are generally beautiful places, but this was on a whole 'nother level.......we played it in fog, mist, wind, sideways rain, rainbows and beautiful sunshine all
in the same day. I've been trying to think of a zen thing to post in this thread and I remembered a photo I took with my phone that gives a vague approximation of
what the place looked like once the sun broke through and lit the landscape up to it's full glory. It was heaven.

Yep. This is my kind of zen.

View attachment 10875
We played Waterville ...

My absolute favorite golf course is Old Head in Kinsale we stayed there on one of our golf ventures that’s my number one place on earth to play golf

Somewhere in the amateur photo thread are pictures of old Head unbelievable place breathtaking as long as you don’t mind heights.

My second fave is The White Witch in Jamaica...

~Dee~

Last edited:
We played Waterville ...

My absolute favorite golf course is Old Head in Kinsale we stayed there on one of our golf ventures that’s my number one place on earth to play golf

Somewhere in the amateur photo thread are pictures of old Head unbelievable place breathtaking as long as you don’t mind heights.

~Dee~

I've never done big ticket golf like that and I'm just a bit jealous. I've seen drone shots of Old Head and it is simply spectacular. Someday, I hope.

I loved the links courses I played in Ireland, but not many people have heard of Dooks, which was maybe my favorite round of golf ever. I could spend
months wandering around Ireland and Scotland using golf as a centerpiece if I could do exactly what I wanted. I don't know if you've ever heard of the
book "A Course Called Ireland" by Tom Coyne, but it's amazing, even though he gripes about Old Head or quotes other people griping about it. The author
walked from course to course and played a ton of the legendary tracks so I got to live vicariously through his adventures.

Here's a somewhat grainy photo from my day at Dooks. Everyone agrees that it looks like my buddy is heading for "the other side". That beam of sunlight looked
like that for the entire day, just rotating around the land like a spotlight. It was crazy.

user36_pic67_1204587126.jpg

I've never done big ticket golf like that and I'm just a bit jealous. I've seen drone shots of Old Head and it is simply spectacular. Someday, I hope.

I loved the links courses I played in Ireland, but not many people have heard of Dooks, which was maybe my favorite round of golf ever. I could spend
months wandering around Ireland and Scotland using golf as a centerpiece if I could do exactly what I wanted. I don't know if you've ever heard of the
book "A Course Called Ireland" by Tom Coyne, but it's amazing, even though he gripes about Old Head or quotes other people griping about it. The author
walked from course to course and played a ton of the legendary tracks so I got to live vicariously through his adventures.

Here's a somewhat grainy photo from my day at Dooks. Everyone agrees that it looks like my buddy is heading for "the other side". That beam of sunlight looked
like that for the entire day, just rotating around the land like a spotlight. It was crazy.

View attachment 10916
From Kinsale we went to Kerry and played, Tralee, The Old Course, at Ballybunion and Waterville. It was such a fun time. I would love to go back and play some of the older courses The Dooks looks beautiful! I don’t think there’s a bad course in Ireland though. I’ll have to get the book I’m sure we would would enjoy it.

~Dee~

Last edited:
From Kinsale we went to Kerry and played, Tralee, The Old Course, at Ballybunion and Waterville. It was such a fun time. I would love to go back and play some of the older course The Dooks looks beautiful! I don’t think there’s a bad course in Ireland though. I’ll have to get the book I’m sure we would would enjoy it.

~Dee~
Ballybunion was awesome. I ended up with kind of a crappy caddie but it was still an amazing day.

Ballybunion was awesome. I ended up with kind of a crappy caddie but it was still an amazing day.
The whole trip we had awesome caddies. We had an older caddie at Old Head and he was by far the best...he had us laughing the whole time. When something didn’t go as planned he‘d look at us and would say oh for F#$k sake in his Irish Brogue that became the saying the whole trip lol.

~Dee~

Last edited:
We played Waterville ...

~Dee~
Can I marry you? I mean seriously your taste in golf courses are impeccable.

Can I marry you? I mean seriously your taste in golf courses are impeccable.
I’m married going on forty years lol but .... you can live vicariously through me. Im good like that and get you head out of the gutter but thanks 😍

~Dee~

We finished our girls golf for today played Pheasant Ridge....
Im not playing tomorrow got a chef coming to cook dinner lol.

~Dee~

We finished our girls golf for today played Pheasant Ridge....
Im not playing tomorrow got a chef coming to cook dinner lol.

~Dee~
Huh? Why not play golf and leave cheffy alone to cook dinner?

Cheers

Huh? Why not play golf and leave cheffy alone to cook dinner?

Cheers
Because someone has to be here and I want to clean up it’s a surprise lol. I get to play anytime.

~Dee~

Back