Your thoughts on how we are doing.

I agree with your very thorough assessment, MM. Good post. We know BB isn't done yet and we know that as teams cut players later on that BB will sift through the remains to find some veterans he can get something from.

Kraft said this past week that Pats fans will be very happy with something coming up before the draft in this off season. It could be anything but his comment makes me wonder about the rumor that circulated a month ago that the Pats would trade up into the top 10. It's not BB's mo but...
Whatever it is must already be in place for Kraft to say it that way.

How do you think they can do this? If we go by the draft pick value chart, the 27th and 31st combined only gets them to the late teens at best. Could there be a player in the mix?

I'm willing to bet right now that we are in play to get Samuel back from the Eagles. The Eagles are trading him and I think it's at least in part why Brady restructured his contract. Makes all the sense in the world if we can get im for a 2nd rounder, he would go a long way to solving the secondary isssues.

I'm willing to bet right now that we are in play to get Samuel back from the Eagles. The Eagles are trading him and I think it's at least in part why Brady restructured his contract. Makes all the sense in the world if we can get im for a 2nd rounder, he would go a long way to solving the secondary isssues.

I hope and pray with every fiber of my being you are incorrect.

I'm willing to bet right now that we are in play to get $amuel back from the Eagles. The Eagles are trading him and I think it's at least in part why Brady restructured his contract. Makes all the $ense in the world if we can get im for a 2nd rounder, he would go a long way to $olving the $econdary i$$$ues.
I'll take that bet. :coffee:

Imagine if you will...gambling man Asante...who doesn't tackle..paired with the Pats rotation @ safety?
#theydbettermakethescoreboardgoupto4digits

Not on his current contract. No way. $9.4 million in 2012 and $11.4 million in 2013. No friggin way.

I hope and pray with every fiber of my being you are incorrect.

Why so? Samuel has been far and away the best CB we have had since Ty Law, and he knows the system. Of course he would have to restructure but at 31 he still has some good years left.

Not on his current contract. No way. $9.4 million in 2012 and $11.4 million in 2013. No friggin way.

How many players have you ever seen come to the pats and not restructure to a more friendly contract?

Imagine if you will...gambling man Asante...who doesn't tackle..paired with the Pats rotation @ safety?
And add to that our lack of pass rush? Every team in the league would be running out and up routes all day long for A$$ante to bite on. We'd need 3 deep safeties ROFL

Well it could not be worse than last year....I mean teams only have so much time in a game to go down the field at will, like last year, so time wise until they make games longer, that was about as bad as a team can possibly do unless they decide not to play offense in a game.

And add to that our lack of pass rush? Every team in the league would be running out and up routes all day long for A$$ante to bite on. We'd need 3 deep safeties ROFL

So you mean last year?

ROFL

I think people forget...the entire time Asante was a Patriot..so was Rodney. How good was the secondary when Rodney was out? You can't have an Asante without a Rodney.

What would this move have to do with the lack of pass rush? You act like if they made this move it would be the only thing that do from here out.:confused: Samuel is a better CB than anything we have, and yes he does pick the ball off alot, got knows how giving Brady and the offense the ball more we just wreck this team.:doh:

ROFL

I think people forget...the entire time Asante was a Patriot..so was Rodney. How good was the secondary when Rodney was out? You can't have an Asante without a Rodney.

Could be the dumbest thing I've heard on this board. We can't put a good player out there without another good player at a differen't position.:high:
You do understand Samuel has gone to the Pro-bowl since he's been playing for another team?

Could be the dumbest thing I've heard on this board. We can't put a good player out there without another good player at a differen't position.:high:
You do understand Samuel has gone to the Pro-bowl since he's been playing for another team?
No I don't understand it..'cuz I'm dumb...remember?:insane:

Back