10 Best MA Breweries Vote

MA has some outstanding breweries.
Trillium would be my number one. Nightshift, Lamplighter, and Treehouse are up there, too. And Lord Hobo. Hard to choose, honestly.

Trillium is def up there. It's a mile from my house ;). I also like Clown Shoes' and Jack's Abby's offerings but I tend to like stouts and porters more than other beers.

Trillium is def up there. It's a mile from my house ;). I also like Clown Shoes' and Jack's Abby's offerings but I tend to like stouts and porters more than other beers.
My brother is big Jack's fan. Wormtown, too. I am on the 'NE' style IPA kick right now though, and Trillium destroys those.

If you ever find yourself in Richmond, VA- The Veil (currently doing a collab with Trillium coincidentally) and The ANswer are both on par- seriously, about as good as it comes, anywhere.

Also, Fieldwork in Oakland, CA (with a few outposts in other towns) is amazing.

It's hard to vote because it's so regional. I'm sure there are a ton of great beers I've never heard of because they aren't in my area.

Trillium is awesome, Lord Hobo is great, Newburyport is excellent, as is Clownshoes. Bent Water is pretty good.

I'd add Notch and Ipswich to the list.

My brother is big Jack's fan. Wormtown, too. I am on the 'NE' style IPA kick right now though, and Trillium destroys those.

If you ever find yourself in Richmond, VA- The Veil (currently doing a collab with Trillium coincidentally) and The ANswer are both on par- seriously, about as good as it comes, anywhere.

Try the Vermont Trinity...

Sip of Sunshine, Super Sesh and Heady Topper (which is good but not nearly as good as the hype). Wash these down with "Sick Day" from Long Trail.

We're going to the Yorktown, VA area (NNews, Hampton, Cape Charles etc) this weekend to look for a suitable place to retire, fish and garden. I'll look up The Veil. Thanks for the tip.

Try the Vermont Trinity...

Sip of Sunshine, Super Sesh and Heady Topper (which is good but not nearly as good as the hype). Wash these down with "Sick Day" from Long Trail.
Mmmm mmm!
I've had some Heady Topper, and it is like Pliny the Elder- right good, but you're right- not as good as the hype.

Great, thanks, will be back in Richmond in October.

MA has some outstanding breweries.
Trillium would be my number one. Nightshift, Lamplighter, and Treehouse are up there, too. And Lord Hobo. Hard to choose, honestly.

I've only had Trillium once, but it was definitely memorable. Either the second best or best IPA I've ever tasted. I tried a Lord Hobo double IPA last week and it reminded me very much of the Trillium and was impressive, so that means I'll be on the lookout for the other three you mention.

Another brewhouse that is worth checking out is Barrel House Z in South Weymouth. They finish their beers in liquor casks and have a number of really interesting higher-alcohol content styles that also taste really fine. Very unique approach and I hope this new place gains some traction in time.

Two more conventional breweries that nonetheless deliver a consistently fine product across their lines that I enjoy are Mayflower (the Porter is really good) and Cape Cod (blonde ale).

Apparently there's a reason it's currently #1. Must be a good brew.

Tree House Brewery draws beer lovers to new facility in Charlton

CHARLTON – Beer lovers started waiting in line at 6 a.m. Wednesday, six hours before the Tree House Brewery Company opened its doors at its new location.

And, not only was the line of 1,000-plus patrons constant for hours, a long stretch of Route 20 was snarled by motorists waiting to get onto the property to make a purchase.

Link
to full story and video.

Great, thanks, will be back in Richmond in October.

'RVA' is going crazy with brewers.

My favorite is The Answer- a little bit out of town in a non-descript strip mall, but holy hell that dude knows what he's doing. Their 'Larceny' IPA was voted the best beer in Virginia a year ago, and I would have to concur.

https://www.visitrichmondva.com/drink/richmond-beer-trail/

EDIT- if it's not too weird, let me know when you're around and I'll buy you a pint (or 3).

'RVA' is going crazy with brewers.

My favorite is The Answer- a little bit out of town in a non-descript strip mall, but holy hell that dude knows what he's doing. Their 'Larceny' IPA was voted the best beer in Virginia a year ago, and I would have to concur.

https://www.visitrichmondva.com/drink/richmond-beer-trail/

EDIT- if it's not too weird, let me know when you're around and I'll buy you a pint (or 3).

My sister Kathy who passed of cancer a year ago was down their. She was treated so beautifully at the VCU Cancer Center. Her home. her husband is in Chester where we'll stay.. My niece and nephew and their families are nearby.

No plans made yet, but we're going to Nova Scotia in September so we figure mid-late October.

Not too weird at all and thanks for the offer. If your inclined to share a pint with a Old fart conservative with borderline dementia I''d be delighted. I'll let you know when we are going and when we are there and we'll try to make it happen. Thanks for kind offer of Southern Hospitality.

Cheers, Tim

My sister Kathy who passed of cancer a year ago was down their. She was treated so beautifully at the VCU Cancer Center. Her home. her husband is in Chester where we'll stay.. My niece and nephew and their families are nearby.

No plans made yet, but we're going to Nova Scotia in September so we figure mid-late October.

Not too weird at all and thanks for the offer. If your inclined to share a pint with a Old fart conservative with borderline dementia I''d be delighted. I'll let you know when we are going and when we are there and we'll try to make it happen. Thanks for kind offer of Southern Hospitality.

Cheers, Tim

:toast:
Awesome.

Back