10 Boston Sports Quick Hitters

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
1. Nice Cs win last night but without Kenyon Martin, Denver is a very different team.

2. Heard from a friend who is somewhat connected to the Titans that Crumpler was awful last year. Fat, unmotivated and not part of the team's plans for 2010. People are saying that he's part of Kris Johnson's success, but if you really break it down, that's far from the truth. I hope that my friend is wrong, and my friend is not a Titans fan, so this is not sour grapes.

3. Maybe that Penguins game was a blessing in disguise. The Bs have been playing with motivation and anger these last two games. Let's hope it continues.

4. The whole hub bub about Tom not being at practice obscured what I think is the really great news coming out of all this: Kraft having been so strong about getting Tommy re-signed. Now anything is still possible, but the thought of Tom going elsewhere is intolerable, and hearing the owner go that far about keeping Tommy is a good thing.

5. I still can't believe that Asante missed that ball. I really hope he never gets another ring.

6. All the naysayers about Beltre, Cameron and Scutaro are pissing me off. I hate the job Pitino did with the Cs, but he was right that the negativity can be deafening at times. I'm optimistic about these Sox and figure that Theo will make moves if and when he has to do so.

7. So when are they going to announce the Beckett signing? I'd heard that it was a done deal and still no announcement. Odd.

8. Mike Lowell looks done to me. The guy cannot move.

9. I enjoyed BB's recent comments. But his positive gloss on Tebow tells me that he is not picking him and I still am shaking my head over no coordinators. Wasn't part of the success in the first half of the decade that we had two GREAT coaches in charge of the offense and defense? Having someone with authority running those units had to have helped. I really don't get it.

10. I love me some Rajon Rondo, but can we please cut down on the hot dogging just a bit, Rajon?

And a bonus thought: This Nate Robinson dude is FUN to watch....and Doc, please give TA all of Marquis' minutes. He's a better basketball player than Daniels.

I will wait and see on crumpler, its not unheard of for prior teams and people that follow that team to badmouth a guy leaving and maybe the fact that the titans didnt have a Qb and was getting wrecked for the first 5 weeks, demotivated a lot of guys. He is on a new team now, the coaches saw something in him and when they talked to him, so lets see how it goes.

I remember the raiders saying Moss was done too.

5. I still can't believe that Asante missed that ball. I really hope he never gets another ring.
If your sentiment is that you want not good things to happen to him career wise so you are wishing what most of us (including me) would consider to be what should really hurt a player...I get that. But I believe that AS doesn't give one single EFF about winning another ring. There is a cadre of guys who have won most of their pro careers and have rings and no longer care that much about it..it's time to get paid only. Some guys play for the money only, some play for both, some are more concerned with the rings/winning than the best $$. I truly believe that AS was a guy who would always have been more about money either way (whether he clocked rings with NE or someone else b/f FA or not). And I am not dumping on him for this, mind you. All professions have this and it's a player's right to try to clock the most he can in FA. I am merely pointing out that if you want AS to be miserable a better thought may be have the Illegals cut him and no one else pick him up and him having to get a non-NFL job to live on.

If your sentiment is that you want not good things to happen to him career wise so you are wishing what most of us (including me) would consider to be what should really hurt a player...I get that. But I believe that AS doesn't give one single EFF about winning another ring. There is a cadre of guys who have won most of their pro careers and have rings and no longer care that much about it..it's time to get paid only. Some guys play for the money only, some play for both, some are more concerned with the rings/winning than the best $$. I truly believe that AS was a guy who would always have been more about money either way (whether he clocked rings with NE or someone else b/f FA or not). And I am not dumping on him for this, mind you. All professions have this and it's a player's right to try to clock the most he can in FA. I am merely pointing out that if you want AS to be miserable a better thought may be have the Illegals cut him and no one else pick him up and him having to get a non-NFL job to live on.

I disagree. Asante wanted to get paid, but he also went to a good situation where he could win, too. Just because we wouldn't pay him what he was worth doesn't mean we should wish ill on a player who lived up to his contract when he was here, and was an exceptional player as well.

I disagree. Asante wanted to get paid, but he also went to a good situation where he could win, too. Just because we wouldn't pay him what he was worth doesn't mean we should wish ill on a player who lived up to his contract when he was here, and was an exceptional player as well.

Pay him what he was worth, or pay him what he could get elsewhere. There is a difference. Jamarcus Russell is not worth 36 mil, but he can get it on the Raiders.

6) All three are absolute garbage and worthless to the baseball team, hence the negativity.

Well I don't recall or maybe I never knew who else was strongly in the running for AS as a FA but you are right, he went to a team with a longtime great DC who would definitely be a big reason their team succeeded. I don't wish ILL on AS.. I just kind of roll my eyes at him. I wish ILL on AV! :D

I have no problem with guys who merely leave for the $$. I don't like guys who talk a lot of mess after they leave. You moved on the team moved on, go be happy there and stop whining about the Pats every chance you get. And I don't like it with any player or any team not just ex-Pats. It's petty & immature IMO.

I wish ill on him -- not like A-Rod level ill -- not because he wanted to get paid. And I agree, he wanted to win and make money.

My malevolence comes from the fact that he couldn't make THE play that would have cemented that game.

6) All three are absolute garbage and worthless to the baseball team, hence the negativity.

Absolute garbage and worthless? That's not even close to being true.

All three will make many plays that will contribute to winning even if there are holes in their games overall.

But we shall see....I expect that they'll all outperform the negative predictions by quite a bit.

Yep, I'll wait on Crumpler,as well. I think he may be a good fit-I hope, I hope!!

I'm rooting for Crumpler, too.

I just thought it was interesting what a person close to the situation, and who is not a Titans fan, had to say about him.

Absolute garbage and worthless? That's not even close to being true.

All three will make many plays that will contribute to winning even if there are holes in their games overall.

But we shall see....I expect that they'll all outperform the negative predictions by quite a bit.

I get that you're a Sox homer. But you've talked yourself into Beltre, Scutaro and Cameron over the offseason. If they signed these guys 3 or 4 years ago, maybe you have something, but not this year. They'll just contribute to the overall lack of offense that plagues this team.

I get that you're a Sox homer. But you've talked yourself into Beltre, Scutaro and Cameron over the offseason. If they signed these guys 3 or 4 years ago, maybe you have something, but not this year. They'll just contribute to the overall lack of offense that plagues this team.
Red Sox homer? Hardly. I'll criticize them, the Pats, the Cs and the Bs whenever I think they deserve it.

I just think that these guys may be big contributors this year. You disagree. That's fine. It doesn't make you any less of a homer or an objective fan than me.

Put it this way: I love the Pats as much as I love the Sox, and I am VERY NEGATIVE about their prospects for next year. Does that make me a Red Sox Homer and a Patriots Negative Guy?

No, it doesn't. I just have certain views, whether they are right or wrong, on both teams....

Scutaro had his highest batting average last year of his career and hit pretty well for Tor. He also is a pretty good defensive shortstop. From what the sox have had at SS for the last few years, he is a pretty good pickup to me and he is 34, not 50.

I will wait and see on crumpler, its not unheard of for prior teams and people that follow that team to badmouth a guy leaving

Good point here but Alge is gettin up there too goin on 33 in Dec. But I like last years Dave Thomas to Saints trade story and so glad he got himself a ring. Big Thanks to Bill Bellichick for that. Oh, I will be keeping my eye on both Chris Baker in Seattle and Ben Watson in Cleveland this year for at least one repeat performance, not SB, but having better years that with Pats. Wish someone would give some info on Robbie Agone and Rob Meyers who both have not played one NFL down yet? But bottom line here is let's see Alge on the field in preseason bcause he is a new player.. :jedi:

and maybe the fact that the titans didnt have a Qb and was getting wrecked for the first 5 weeks, demotivated a lot of guys.

I really hope Crumpler is a better route runner than Baker or Watson. If he is and can get open over the middle, I like his connectin up with Brady like that. But he really needs to be a rock solid blocker and @ 6'2" 260, he certainly should be.

He is on a new team now, the coaches saw something in him and when they talked to him, so lets see how it goes.

I guess we'll see how much he has left in the tank and if this was REALLY a good decision compared to signing Olsen or Fells instead... :fire:

Back