13 Seconds

McDermott will be fighting that windmill with every game management mistake he makes the rest of his career.
13 seconds is tattooed on his forehead forever.

Mike Lombardi labelled as coaching malpractice of the highest order..

I just again, cannot understand how vastly experienced coaches who live and breathe the game could make an error like kicking it out for a touchback. McD had scores of assistants talking to him, did none of them raise this? Was it even discussed once the Chiefs were starting from the 25, just hold Kelce and Hill and take the 5-yard penalties?

I just again, cannot understand how vastly experienced coaches who live and breathe the game could make an error like kicking it out for a touchback. McD had scores of assistants talking to him, did none of them raise this? Was it even discussed once the Chiefs were starting from the 25, just hold Kelce and Hill and take the 5-yard penalties?
they talked about this on "moving the chains" yesterday on nfln too.

Eventually you would have to back off that strategy since you can't end a game on a defensive penalty... the offense just keeps getting another play with no clock. The key was the KO through the end zone because with their timeouts it allowed KC another play which obviously was the FG attempt. A KO return there burns 3-4 seconds at least which would have left KC with two plays at most. Just a gigantic choke from McDermott and then the defense. Literally wipes out all of the credibility accrued by McDermott to date.

In all honesty I can't blame any coach for kicking it out and asking your #1 rated defense to make just ONE play. A squib kick is going to put the ball in somebodies hands and then anything is possible. I didn't notice how KC was lined up but I expect Hill and Hardman were in position to receive that kick if squibbed. Coaches never win in this situation because hindsight is 20/20. Who would think any team could pull off 3 plays to score in 0:13. But then again the league still has not got a grasp on the awesomeness of the NEW GOAT who will be hosting his yearly AFCCG. Just think about that hosting the AFCCG EVERY year you've played. How awesome is that?/ I wonder if it will ever end??? Can this level of achievement be considered a dynasty or do we have to go to the SB every year too ??

Thoughts???

Dynasties are superbowl winners. Period.

One superbowl win is not a dynasty. Neither would be two. Consecutive first place losers means nothing. 😂

$0.02.

In all honesty I can't blame any coach for kicking it out and asking your #1 rated defense to make just ONE play. A squib kick is going to put the ball in somebodies hands and then anything is possible. I didn't notice how KC was lined up but I expect Hill and Hardman were in position to receive that kick if squibbed. Coaches never win in this situation because hindsight is 20/20. Who would think any team could pull off 3 plays to score in 0:13. But then again the league still has not got a grasp on the awesomeness of the NEW GOAT who will be hosting his yearly AFCCG. Just think about that hosting the AFCCG EVERY year you've played. How awesome is that?/ I wonder if it will ever end??? Can this level of achievement be considered a dynasty or do we have to go to the SB every year too ??

Thoughts???
No, the Billies had that game wrapped up...but, fucked it up. You know, like chefs/Dee Ford? :coffee:

Dynasties are superbowl winners. Period.

One superbowl win is not a dynasty. Neither would be two. Consecutive first place losers means nothing. 😂

$0.02.
Okay, Okay. How about 10 straight AFCCG with 3 SB wins sprinkled in ? Dynasty status ?

No, the Billies had that game wrapped up...but, fucked it up. You know, like chefs/Dee Ford? :coffee:
Not true. They left 0:13 on the clock and we utulized it to perfection. THEN WE WON THE COIN TOSS! lolol

See, they won four AFCCGs in a row. Certainly didn't lose any at home to a 40-year old QB who threw a million interceptions, and a TE win one leg. :coffee:
We lost the coin toss!

Back