16 wins, karma be damned. It?s gonna happen!

rivshark86

Reaction score
16 wins, karma be damned. It’s gonna happen!

I’ve been talking shit, being negative, hating the oline, hating the run game............ The reality is this. This team has to take out the chiefs, Texans, eagles, and ravens. Maybe browns are a threat. I’m just saying, with this schedule undefeated in the regular season is possible. Not only possible, but with this team Toms got a chance here to run the table and make up for 07. Yup F*** karma I’m gonna say it. I have been talking shit bout the Oline and run game. It’s because I believe this could be the best pats team we have ever seen, and the bar is higher this year. I’m gonna say it. I think this team has at least 20 percent chance to run the table and win the super bowl. Karma be damned. I did just knock on wood though.

Maybe the pats haven’t played an offense yet, but the chiefs damn sure haven’t played this defense yet!!!!

Maybe the pats haven’t played an offense yet, but the chiefs damn sure haven’t played this defense yet!!!!

Week 14 it's on brother! I just hope both teams are healthy, no excuses.

The reality is this. This team has to take out the chiefs, Texans, eagles, and ravens.
This, especially the Texans, Ravens, and Chiefs, for tie-breaker purposes. Remember the fiasco in 2008 where we were 11-5 but managed to lose the tiebreaker to each of the other AFC playoff teams?

The Chiefs will be in big trouble in they lose to Houston. They will have lost the head-to-head with the AFCS for certain, and assuming they also lose to the Pats, will have lost h2h with AFCE.

Week 14 it's on brother! I just hope both teams are healthy, no excuses.
That would be a huge change, as neither team is healthy right now.

Before you start worrying about the Pats, though, you first need to get by Watson and the Texans.

Mahomes has not been able to beat Brady head-to-head, if he can't beat Watson either, he's just Dan Marino 2.0. Great passer, average QB who can't get it done when it counts.

That would be a huge change, as neither team is healthy right now.

Before you start worrying about the Pats, though, you first need to get by Watson and the Texans.

Mahomes has not been able to beat Brady head-to-head, if he can't beat Watson either, he's just Dan Marino 2.0. Great passer, average QB who can't get it done when it counts.

Yeah, Mahomes did beat Brady. Dee Ford erased that!

I'm not interested in 16-0. as 2007 wore on I found it a grind vs. enjoyable (maybe it's just me). As someone said, you want 19-0 or any record that ends in a super bowl victory!

Remember 4 or so posts ago when you invoked the old “no excuses”? :coffee:

He meant that if the Patriots lose, we have no excuse. We were beaten by the better team.

OTOH, if the Chiefs lose...err...are denied their rightful victory, there is always an excuse, all boiling down to the words of the Pittsburgh philosopher Kordell Stewart: "The better team didn't win."

He meant that if the Patriots lose, we have no excuse. We were beaten by the better team.

OTOH, if the Chiefs lose...err...are denied their rightful victory, there is always an excuse, all boiling down to the words of the Pittsburgh philosopher Kordell Stewart: "The better team didn't win."

More likely: "The better team did win, What you thought you saw was an illusion." :coffee:

16 wins is coming fellas. Historic year we are watching.

This year has a different feel than 2007. The team is so much more balanced. And a team can be balanced by having both a mediocre defense and offense, but this team is balanced by having near the top of the league offense and defense. Special teams placekicker is probably average, but everything else is near the top.

The defense is playing at historic levels and is very deep. The competition is going to get tougher, but so will our defensive schemes. I love watching the games when the defense is on the field.

The offense has been good so far, and I get the feeling they are about to kick it up to the next level. After the bye week, look for a completely new look out of that unit. I think Wynn will eventually make it back and then the line problems cascade in a positive direction. Sanu, Harry, and the health of the other WRs will make that unit deep and hard to defend once again. TE looks better now with Watson back. RBs are strong and I think they use Harris more in second half, adding more fresh legs to the mix. The play calling will get more aggressive with Wynn back. The future is bright and if we follow the pattern of past years, we get stronger and run better as the year progresses.

And the wildcard - if Gronk comes back - look out.

Now I'll go back to my usual conservative optimism self, but that's what I'm thinking deep down. Looking for Brady to exit HISTORICALLY!

The odds of 16 and a donut hole are remote at best.

The main reason is that I'm more convinced now than I was back then that Belichick hated the "perfect" aspect to 2007 and that he has often spoken to that. He felt that it added pressure to the players and detracted from their ability to focus on the end game. He won't make that mistake again even if it means tanking a game or two. He will look for a spot to lose strategically by going vanilla and/or crafting a defacto bye week for key players who may be banged up. Look for a suspiciously shitty game late in the season.

I suppose that we could see a situation whereby the offense gets really cranking if we get Wynn and Rex back, Gordon gets healthy, Gronk returns strong and N'Keal busts out with a couple of big games, but that's a lot of variables coming home to roost.

If the D remains dominant and the offense looks something like the above it is possible that we could see a situation where the team is rolling so strong that the players could refuse to lose no matter whether Bill likes it or not, but that is a real longshot.

I doubt we come out of the next six without at least one loss.

The odds of 16 and a donut hole are remote at best.

The main reason is that I'm more convinced now than I was back then that Belichick hated the "perfect" aspect to 2007 and that he has often spoken to that. He felt that it added pressure to the players and detracted from their ability to focus on the end game. He won't make that mistake again even if it means tanking a game or two. He will look for a spot to lose strategically by going vanilla and/or crafting a defacto bye week for key players who may be banged up. Look for a suspiciously shitty game late in the season.

I suppose that we could see a situation whereby the offense gets really cranking if we get Wynn and Rex back, Gordon gets healthy, Gronk returns strong and N'Keal busts out with a couple of big games, but that's a lot of variables coming home to roost.

If the D remains dominant and the offense looks something like the above it is possible that we could see a situation where the team is rolling so strong that the players could refuse to lose no matter whether Bill likes it or not, but that is a real longshot.

I doubt we come out of the next six without at least one loss.

It "wood" be historic, but, I agree...he will lose a game or two on purpose this year. Probably a road game to a team that shouldn't ever beat the Pats.

I understand the rationale, and I get it. Still I don’t buy it. Brady and BB are the ultimate competitors. When they look back that’ 07 season is the one thing left undone. If they get to 13 or 14 wins, no way does BB throw a game. I think he’s thinking about it now actually, and has been for awhile. It’s been clear since preseason this team has a chance to really be special.

Back