2011 Draft -- NE predraft contact list

I gotta say, Boxy. You are quit the speller.

You gotta get some sleep, man. We still have a month and a half to go.
I haz my daze. :p Heh, this is me on sleep, I spent about eight weeks in dec, jan, feb on a two hour med schedule for the red, hairy eyeball of death - talk about the living dead.

I haz my daze. :p Heh, this is me on sleep, I spent about eight weeks in dec, jan, feb on a two hour med schedule for the red, hairy eyeball of death - talk about the living dead.

While I was not really aware, I was not unaware, either and to your everlasting credit you did not bitch. Or quite. The Box does not quite.

If Butler had your kind of sand in his pants then he'd be another Ellis Hobbs by now.

:)

While I was not really aware, I was not unaware, either and to your everlasting credit you did not bitch. Or quite. The Box does not quite.

If Butler had your kind of sand in his pants then he'd be another Ellis Hobbs by now.

:)
The tragic part is the Box does "not quite" all to much. :sulk: But he still has fun at it! :dbanana:

I've copied the formatting from my website for here and Patsfans, I'll update the full list now, as I think there are some sligh differences between here and there.

V - Official Pre-Draft visit; visited team facilities/hosted by team in area
PW - Private workout held with prospect
C - Position coach or Coordinator contact
MC - Team has spoken to player or agent or had on-Campus visit; miscellaneous contact
APD - Team official has attended Pro-Day
I - Interviewed at Combine/All-Star game
RI - Rumoured interest

NB: All players in larger font, and Bold, Italic and Underline, have met the "Three Contact Rule". To meet the TCR, a prospect must have three confirmed contacts (RI does not count). The TCR implies that the Patriots are very very interested in them, and there's a very good chance we'll draft them. Don't take it for granted though.

MC - Team has spoken to player or agent or had on-Campus visit; miscellaneous contact
RI - Rumoured interest

NB: All players in larger font, and Bold, Italic and Underline, have met the "Three Contact Rule". To meet the TCR, a prospect must have three confirmed contacts (RI does not count). The TCR implies that the Patriots are very very interested in them, and there's a very good chance we'll draft them. Don't take it for granted though.

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Nevada - I
QB: Greg McElroy, Alabama - I

RB: Alex Green, Hawaii - I
RB: Derrick Locke, Kentucky - I
RB: DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma - I

WR: Leonard Hankerson, Miami - I
WR: Dane Sanzenbacher, Ohio State - RI

TE: Julius Thomas, Portand State - I

OT: Joseph Barksdale, Louisiana - I
OT: Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin - I
OT: Marcus Gilbert, Florida - I
OT: Danny Watkins, Baylor - I

OG: Caleb Schlaudraff, Utah - I

OC: Brandon Fusco, Slippery Rock - I

DT: David Carter, UCLA - I
DT: Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson - I
DT: Phil Taylor, Baylor - I

DE: Christian Ballard, Iowa - I
DE: Cameron Jordan, California - I

OLB/DE: Cheta Ozougw, Rice - I
OLB/DE: Pernell McPhee, Mississippi State - I
OLB/DE: KJ Wright, Mississippi State - I

ILB: Mark Herzlich, Boston - I
ILB: Casey Matthews, Arizona - I
ILB: J.T Thomas, West Virginia - I

S: Ahmad Black, Florida - I
S: Mark LeGree, Appalachian State - C
S: Justin Taplin-Ross, Utah - I

---------------------------------------------------------

I think that's the most up to date I can get it right now.

Here's the link for JT Thomas by the way:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../4693568/with-thomas-pats-cover-combine-bases

I've copied the formatting from my website for here and Patsfans, I'll update the full list now, as I think there are some sligh differences between here and there.

RI - Rumoured interest

Thank you sir!

What's to say McCourty doesn't have a rockier sophomore season?

I don't get all the anti-Butler stuff flying around, the kid did not quite - let me repeat that, Butler did not quite.

Butler's working through all the issues the coaches want him to work on, I don't know how it will turn out, I doubt BB does, too many variables. As long as Butler is focused on getting better and doing the work, I'm not going to run him down as a person, I may be critical of a play, but the kid himself has done nothing but try to get better and fix the problem(s). Let's contrast that to Meriweather's struggles, there's a player who is causing me some irritation. Deadrick and his reported missing meetings is trying to get into that doghouse too.

Hopefully that don't happen. The last two CB who started there rookie year at CB. Had a really bad sophomore slumps and were demoted to Nickel and dime backs.

For what it's worth the Pats drafted 5 players last year with whom they made predraft contact-- all 5 were seen using private workouts.

Zac Robinson, Taylor Price, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Spikes and Zoltan Mesko.

Interesting that they did not interview their top 3 selections McCourty, Gronkowski and Cunningham, but that is our boys. Keep everybody guessing.

Spikes, Price, Hernandez and Mesko then went like ducks in a row.

I would be surprised if some form of contact had not been made with Cunningham, given his alma mater. However, the general point is noted and there is no doubt that some players are interviewed/tested etc as a smokescreen or sometimes to rule them out.

NE attended Florida International's Pro-Day

Prospects:
WR Greg Ellingson
DB Anthony Gaitor
C Brad Serini
G Cedric Mack
LB Toronto Smith
DE Jarvis Wilson

For some reason, this season my draft radar indicates there will be somebody with a weird or very familiar name or something like that. For instance, I considered that we could draft both Cameron Jordan and Jordan Cameron and force Gino into retirement, etc., etc.

Never until now did I consider we might end up with Tony Gaitor part II.

Frank Kearse garnered some attention from the National Football League last season as a defensive tackle at Alabama A&M.
Kearse wows NFL scouts
Published: Tuesday, March 08, 2011, 11:27 AM Updated: Tuesday, March 08, 2011, 11:37 AM
By Reggie Benson, The Huntsville Times

HUNTSVILLE, AL. - Frank Kearse garnered some attention from the National Football League last season as a defensive tackle at Alabama A&M. On Monday, Kearse's stock rose dramatically.

The 6-foot-4, 315-pounder wowed scouts from the National Football League as the Bulldogs held their annual Pro Day.

Scouts from the Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Tennessee Titans were on hand to evaluate Kearse. They left impressed.

"Frank has the ability to play in the league," said Mark Gorscak, a scout with the Steelers. "It is a shame he wasn't in the (NFL) combine, but that happens. Each year a guy gets left out. I wouldn't be surprised if some defensive line coaches come down and work him out."

Kearse was evaluated in a number of areas, including the bench press, broad jump, vertical jump, 40-yard dash and a number of other drills. He came away pleased for the most part.

"I thought my performance could have been better in some areas, but I thought I was explosive, especially in the broad jump and the vertical," he said. "Regardless of how bad I did, I finished every drill. Hopefully, they saw I was willing to compete.

"I wasn't trying to prove anything. I was just trying to do my best. That's the most important thing. I was just trying to show them what I've got."

Kearse bench pressed 225 pounds 22 times. He had a 30-inch vertical jump, an 8-7 broad jump and ran the 40-yard dash in 5.27 seconds. He is rated the 35th best defensive tackle by nfldraftscout.com.

Gorscak said he was already impressed with Kearse after watching his game tape. After watching him in person, he was even more impressed.

"Anytime you've got a guy who's explosive ...," Gorscak said. "His 40-time wasn't great, but it's not bad at all. You've got a 6-foot-4 guy that's 315 pounds and he jumps 30. That's impressive. The 22 reps on the bench press ... He did those things perfect.

"Frank is impressive, but the biggest thing about his resume is his game tape and that's why we're here. This adds to the game tape. This adds to the resume."

Kearse hopes his work Monday was good enough to get his drafted next month.

"I'm praying it was," he said. "I heard from a couple of (NFL) teams during the season, but I didn't think it was going to be this kind of turnout. Hopefully, that's a good sign."

Kearse started all 11 games for the Bulldogs and earned second-team All-Southwestern Athletic Conference honors after finishing with 57 tackles, including 30 solos and 14 tackles for loss. He also played in the Russell HBCU Bowl in Atlanta's Georgia Dome and the Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Game.

Inside linebacker Johnny Baldwin was the last A&M player taken in the draft. He was selected by the Detroit Lions in the fifth round in 2006.

Offensive tackle Anquez Jackson, defensive tackle Korey Morrison, running back Ulysses Banks, inside linebacker Afu Okosun and wide receiver Rashad Johnson also participated in Pro Day.

Gorscak said Jackson has some potential.

"He has a shot to be in the league," said Gorscak, who said Jackson would have to play guard in the NFL. "There's no question about that. He needs to get his weight under control and continue working to be ready. The thing I like about him is he's a big guy that can play in our league."

Back