2013 NFL Draft

The Patriots now have picks #52,59,83,91,102,226,229,235 per Mike Reiss.

23 picks to go and there may be a run on WRs now. Which is kinda how the Pats got stuck with Taylor Price.

I'm kinda concerned.

The Patriots now have picks #52,59,83,91,102,226,229,235 per Mike Reiss.

This is vintage Belichick. If there were a player available that he absolutely coveted and didn't believe he could get later, he would have made a selection. What the trade does is gives the Pats all kinds of flexibility for wheeling and dealing over the next couple of days. It's the Belichick way.

I thought for sure the trade out was coming but my expectation was in return for a 1st rounder next year in addition to maybe a 3rd this year. But this trade looks like decent value if the Pats can leverage it into some quality players here in the next couple of rounds.

I really have to say, I am impressed as heck. The disappointment of not having a rnd 1 pick to crow over is more than offset by the masterful haul the brain trust pulled in against all odds.

23 picks to go and there may be a run on WRs now. Which is kinda how the Pats got stuck with Taylor Price.

I'm kinda concerned.

me to, need to trade up before it dries up

762469621.jpg

I must say that I am not surprised by the Patriots trading out of round 1. What did surprise me was what they got for doing it.
How can you not like 2 second rounders #52 and #59
2 third rounders #83 and #91
A fourth rounder in #102
and then three 7th rounders in numbers 226,229, and 235.

Keenan Allen, WR, California, Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M, and Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma are all still on the board.

Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State, Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana, and David Amerson, CB, N.C. State are still out there.

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue, Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern, are just a few of the good players still out there.

So I enter the Chat room and can see other's posts but not mine? Does it work with Chrome?

I had to close it & reboot when that happened to me. I think a few others had that same problem.

I have to say that it is a shitload of fun to wake up and find out that The Sith Lord has done over yet another team. Awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just texted Mrs Cat and she said that it's a wonder anyone trades with the Pats. It amazes me every year.

Bill owns the draft in so far as gathering picks. He still needs to turn these picks into something.

Please tell me I didn't just see Andy Reid rocking a tie dye t-shirt on draft night.

Ok, you didn't see Andy Reid rocking a tie dye tee.

It was a hawaiian shirt and a Tommy Bahama to boot. That thing cost about 150 bucks and on the label right after "size" it says "Holy Jesus!".

I don't think Andy has wasted any time hitting the barbeques out there.

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/04/...e-a-very-sad-draft-day-party/?xid=ob_sisports

Posted April 25, 2013
The Honey Badger Delusionally Invites You to What Could Be a Very Sad Draft Day Party

Photos, Twitter
By Ryan Glasspiegel
Tyrann Mathieu has posted a flyer on Instagram for an NFL Draft after-party tomorrow night at SL, a nightclub in New York.
honey-badger-1.jpg

Unless the graphic designer has reliable NFL front office contacts, this could be a pretty solemn affair: the poster refers to Mathieu as a “1st Round Draft Pick”, which is … generous. Most draft analysts project him to be taken in the second or third round; in a recent mock draft, Mel Kiper Jr. had him going 59th overall to New England. So sure, if “1st Round” refers to the first round of the second day of the draft, Mathieu might be a first round pick. But not even that is certain.
Then there’s the matter of the high ranking of “hosting a party at a club in New York” on the big board of “bad ideas for Tyrann Mathieu”. This is a guy who estimated that he failed over 10 drug tests at LSU and ended up being dismissed from his team. In the immortal words of Instagram user @junnyb_johnson, who commented on Mathieu’s post:

“Yo ima fan dog, and I dont know you. But what impression you think your making on Teams that are scared of you sighting lack of maturity, throwing an afterparty in NY like nothing possibly could happen. You gotta use better logic bro, no hate.”
He’s not mad at you, Mathieu. He’s just disappointed.
(h/t Ashley Burns)

Update: Mathieu tweets that he did not approve the “1st round” part of the flyer that was posted on his own Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Update II: There will be no party.

How did our trade down measure up with those draft value chart things? I know we got a lot of picks and it seemed to be a big win for the Pats, but was it really according to those charts?

Ok, you didn't see Andy Reid rocking a tie dye tee.

It was a hawaiian shirt and a Tommy Bahama to boot. That thing cost about 150 bucks and on the label right after "size" it says "Holy Jesus!".

I don't think Andy has wasted any time hitting the barbeques out there.

Consulted a fashionista since I am definitely NOT ONE.

Apparently, tie die patterns make you look 150 lbs slimmer.

Who'd a figured?

Back