2015: Training Camp

Glad to hear Boyce is stepping up, I always liked his athleticism. Hopefully his stay on the PS convinced him to redid cate himself mentally.

Sent from the moon using lasers

So, it sounds like Darryl Roberts is really getting a trial by fire and I find it interesting that they threw him off the back of the boat at Brady and Edelman. Predictably, he sank.

He certainly never saw anything like that at Marshall and it'll be interesting to see if the kid can bounce back after a start like that.

I don't know if it was just random or intentional, but I have noticed that when BB likes a rookie he will really challenge that player instead of pussyfooting around. Maybe that is the case with Roberts. Stay tuned.

I've mentioned it before, but every year he will take a kid on the bubble and just play the hell out of them, usually every snap during the last preseason game to see if they can survive. He lets those guys play their way onto the roster or not.

Matt Slater played both ways and special teams during the Giants preseason game his rookie year and I never saw him leave the field. After the game he was barely able to walk, but he survived. That was an extreme example, but I just thought I'd mention it to see if anybody gets the BB treatment this year.

Bill doesn't break guys just for the hell of it, but his method is both interesting and primitive.

:fire:

Saturday's winners

Malcolm Butler is super competitive, aggressive and vocal
Jordan Richards continues his hot play
Jabaal Sheard dominates in 1on1s vs OL
Dobson bounces back
Boyce continues to exel
DT Antonio Johnson earns 1st team D status (Yep)

FOXBOROUGH — A full recap from Day Three of New England Patriots training camp. The pads were on for the first time, and Sealver Siliga seemed pretty happy about that.
BACK IN ACTION
**LeGarrette Blount's absence from camp was brief, as the running back returned to the field for New England's first day in pads. Blount reportedly failed his conditioning test Wednesday, landing him on the non-football injury list.
Second-year defensive lineman Dominique Easley came off the PUP list and was in full pads. He participated in a full contact drill tackling drill midway through practice.

INDIVIDUAL STANDOUTS:
Malcolm Butler, Jordan Richards, Aaron Dobson
INDIVIDUAL PLAYS
**On the first play of full contact 11 vs. 11s, Tom Brady completed a pass to Aaron Dobson on a deep comeback route and Jamie Collins came from behind to knock out the ball. Devin McCourty scooped it up and ran it back the other. The whistle never blew, but the most of the team appeared to slow down.
After the play, Julian Edelman was sent to run a lap, and he was soon joined by the entire offense. This perhaps signals a message from Bill Belichick: Full speed at all times.
**In a goal line drill with three defensive backs and two receivers, Aaron Dobson made a nice snag in the back corner of the endzone, wrestling the ball away from 6-foot-3 rookie corner Jimmy Jean. Dobson added another spectacular grab, perhaps the catch of the day, on a deep corner against rookie Darryl Roberts. The seventh-round pick was in position on Dobson, but the ball was thrown perfectly to the sideline and Dobson made a diving grab, keeping his feet in bounds as he fell.
**Edelman vs. Malcolm Butler seems to be a great matchup so far. In a passing drill, Edelman made a catch on the sidelines, but Butler was shouting afterward, perhaps indicating that it was out of bounds. Butler also swatted a ball away from Brandon Gibson on a comeback route soon after. Later, he knocked one away from Brian Tyms.
**Defensive tackle Sealver Siliga blew up Tyler Gaffney on a full contact drill. Biggest hit of the day, easily.
**In a full-contact, competitive passing drill, Josh Boyce made a terrific grab on a dig despite tight coverage by Malcolm Butler.
**Jordan Richards continues his impressive camp. Matched up with Scott Chandler in a one-on-one drill, Richards was with the 6-foot-7 tight end stride-for-stride on a deep route up the seam. The ball arrived, and it was thrown high so only Chandler could get his hands on it, but Richards was able to knock it out of the tight end's grasp.
**One name to keep in mind: Antonio Johnson. The massive defensive tackle, a XX-year veteran, has received quality snaps next to Sealver Siliga on the defensive interior. On Brady's completing to Dobson in 11s (the one that resulted in a fumble and a disciplinary lap), Johnson beat his man and would have had a clean shot at Brady, had he been allowed to hit him.
**Nate Ebner has received snaps alongside Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung in the secondary. In one 11 vs. 11 drill, the Pats played with two linebackers—Jamie Collins and Jonathan Freeny—and the three safeties.
ABSENCES
**Free agent signee Derek Cox, who trotted off the field at the beginning of Friday's practice, was not spotted on the field Saturday. Neither was fellow cornerback Justin Green.
http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2...ts_training_105.html#incart_river_mobileshort

Easley looking quite explosive Reiss is saying.

Literally the only thing stopping this kid is whether he can stay healthy enough to show his exceptional quickness. The jump he gets out of his stance is rare. Very rare.

Based on watching him at Florida I don't think we've yet seen a fraction of what he is capable of in a Pats uni.

Crossing all crossable parts.

Brandon Gibson is an example of that. Why cut a guy that has showed some NFL ability on the first day of camp? The answer to that is probably that he was asked to do something on his own during the off-season and he didn't bother to do it, so Bill unceremoniously pushed the eject button. Probably a "send a message" cut
Brandon Gibson was cut?

I thought he was, too, but then I read a few tweets today about him catching passes.

Who knows.

I was a little confuzzled over that, too. Maybe they cut him and made him sign a more cap-friendly deal or something. It seemed like a legit report, but to me it is always a plus when they sign somebody and he actually shows up and competes for a job like you expect.

I hate the "what the hell happened?" cuts when it seemed like we were interested in a guy who had showed some ability and then he is gone before he even gets a number.

I chalk it up to the mysteries of Foxboro. Apparently we can sign a guy and once we get to kick the tires in person we discover he isn't up to our standards. Player acquisition is an imperfect pursuit, but we usually end up with about 50 out of 53 that you can understand why they are here and 3 question marks, like, for instance, Jake Bequette the last two years.

I was a little confuzzled over that, too. Maybe they cut him and made him sign a more cap-friendly deal or something. It seemed like a legit report, but to me it is always a plus when they sign somebody and he actually shows up and competes for a job like you expect.

I hate the "what the hell happened?" cuts when it seemed like we were interested in a guy who had showed some ability and then he is gone before he even gets a number.

I chalk it up to the mysteries of Foxboro. Apparently we can sign a guy and once we get to kick the tires in person we discover he isn't up to our standards. Player acquisition is an imperfect pursuit, but we usually end up with about 50 out of 53 that you can understand why they are here and 3 question marks, like, for instance, Jake Bequette the last two years.

Speaking of Foxboro and nonsequiturs, did you know they were filming Wipeout across the street in lot 10?

I was a little confuzzled over that, too. Maybe they cut him and made him sign a more cap-friendly deal or something.

That's not possible as he's signed for veteran minimum. Gibson is still on the team. Any report about him being cut was wrong.

Speaking of Foxboro and nonsequiturs, did you know they were filming Wipeout across the street in lot 10?

Not only did I not, I have no idea what Wipeout is.

Whatever that is perhaps the pastoral beauty of lot 10 provided the perfect setting for it. From now on, whenever I am parked in a satellite lot at Gillette I will remind myself to take more time to appreciate nature.

Not only did I not, I have no idea what Wipeout is.

Whatever that is perhaps the pastoral beauty of lot 10 provided the perfect setting for it. From now on, whenever I am parked in a satellite lot at Gillette I will remind myself to take more time to appreciate nature.

It's a ridiculous TV show. Check their FB page out, there's a highlight video on the left, to give you some sense.

I have to say, I've watched a few minutes here and there when it's on the air and have laughed my ass off.

https://www.facebook.com/Wipeout/videos/vb.23848612879/10153126443102880/?type=2&theater

It's a ridiculous TV show. Check their FB page out, there's a highlight video on the left, to give you some sense.

I have to say, I've watched a few minutes here and there when it's on the air and have laughed my ass off.

https://www.facebook.com/Wipeout/videos/vb.23848612879/10153126443102880/?type=2&theater

Ah, yes. I have seen similar shows but was not aware of that one. Thank you.

Perhaps as part of the Deflategate resolution, Judge Berman can order Roger, Ted, Mike and the boys to travel to Lot 10 to film an episode so the football fans of the country can watch them wiping out and falling into the mud pit.

That would be a form of poetic justice.

Ah, yes. I have seen similar shows but was not aware of that one. Thank you.

Perhaps as part of the Deflategate resolution, Judge Berman can order Roger, Ted, Mike and the boys to travel to Lot 10 to film an episode so the football fans of the country can watch them wiping out and falling into the mud pit.

That would be a form of poetic justice.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

The visual of Roger trying to bounce off of those giant balls is pure gold.

<i>In this episode, each of the contestants has to carry a huge set of metal goal posts up route one.</i>

Without getting electrocuted!

Back